Sonic Discussion

Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I watched the Sonic movie over the weekend.I’m really glad they made the decision to change Sonic’s design,because I didn’t actually have much issue with what they were originally going for,but close-ups looked awful.This movie is FULL of closeups.seeingfull this up close on a big screen would be horrifying.I was surprised the narrative flow of the movie reminds me alot of Deadpool,how it begins towards the end of the movie,tells the story in flashback and then catches up with itself.
Background Pony #36BF
I just realized… excluding The Owl House, the Sonic Movie is the very first entertainment production of 2020 that I genuinely liked (note: For entertainment production I mean every kind of those. Movies, Animated Shows, Videogames, and so on)…
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
(Small excerpt.) “I tweeted it because I saw some people I deeply respect getting bombarded with harassment and abuse from online trolls JUST because they expressed negative opinions about the Sonic movie, and I saw red.
I took out that anger on the movie itself and pretty much anyone who enjoyed it, and that was wrong of me. I didn’t make it even remotely clear that the actual source of my ire was online harassers and NOT people harmlessly enjoying a movie.”

While, it’s nice he realized his error, and I kinda understand that. Though, I honestly kinda get tired of hearing that same excuse all the time to hate something, or to hate the fans of something. People oftentimes use the same excuse for attacking anything, or anyone that likes something they don’t like. Some even use it as justification to bully others online, or rally hate groups against certain fandoms online. (Including bronies.)

Heck, I’ve been attacked by Amy Rose fans for liking Sally, and I’ve been attacked by Sally fans for liking Amy. (And I’ve been attacked by both for liking the Sonic comics, because “The comics use/like Amy/Sally more!”  
Regardless… I still like both characters, and I understand both have bad fans, or fanatics, but they have good fans too.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
@TheHappySpaceman  
Yeah after letting this movie sink in overtime it really is a good movie not just because it have references and easter eggs towards the games, but also because it really did Sonic’s character well in movie form.  
Much like the early Marvel movies like Thor, Captain America and Iron Man this movie put a lot of it’s focus on Sonic as a character who can be very radical but still has feelings and desires something greater in life like friendship, and while I’m sure this is what we want to see explored more with Tails in the sequel it makes sense to befriend someone on Earth who we the audience can relate to cause after all who doesn’t want Sonic to be real.  
This movie isn’t perfect, but I feel like it’s the start of something and I truely hope that they explore it more now.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Sata Andagi!
@Dex Stewart  
I feel bad for the animators and the hard work that went into making the first design, but logically speaking it just makes sense that Sonic would look like a cartoon character.  
I mean it’s like if Sora, Donald and Goofy entered the Pirates of the Caribbean world and suddenly looked realistic it just wouldn’t fit the characters, and when you really think about it there really aren’t any Sonic games that tried to make him look super realistic, even Sonic 06 which made Eggman look like a real human being made Sonic and all his friends still look like cartoons.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Jarkes  
Looking at Tony’s Twitter page. he honestly doesn’t seem like a nice guy, and basically constantly bitches about those that don’t share his opinions on anything. I honestly wouldn’t want to support anyone like that.

That said, I don’t even know who this guy is anyway, or why we should care about him.
Background Pony #C832
@Dr_Osaka  
Its not difficult to create a cartoon character to have a realistic design. You just don’t need to go overboard with the realism and try to stick with the cartoonish style the most you can.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
I honestly kinda get tired of hearing that same excuse all the time to hate something, or to hate the fans of something. People oftentimes use the same excuse for attacking anything, or anyone that likes something they don’t like. Some even use it as justification to bully others online, or rally hate groups against certain fandoms online.

Agreed, that’s kind of messed up TBH.

I also don’t know if I entirely buy Tony’s apology since he’s done this same BS before, but I’m not one to hold a grudge.  
I don’t even know who this guy is anyway, or why we should care about him.

Ex-Channel Awesome reviewer. More commonly known as “Some Jerk with a Camera,” he’s known for reviewing Disney and Universal theme park rides.

@Dr_Osaka  
Yeah after letting this movie sink in overtime it really is a good movie not just because it have references and easter eggs towards the games, but also because it really did Sonic’s character well in movie form.

Exactly, yeah. Plus, it expands on Sonic and Eggman’s characters beyond just “Eggman is evil/represents technology, while Sonic is good/represents nature.”
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
So since Sonic likes to give people nicknames: Donut Lord, Pretzel Lady and Eggman, who wants to bet that Sonic will end up giving Miles Prower the nickname Tails?
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
I’ll buy it. I love retro game nicknacks. (Heck, I got several mini arcades by Basic Fun & “World’s Smallest” arcade keychain cabinets on my desk.)

Though, from what I hear the Tiger Electronic games weren’t very good, (the AVGN sure hated them) even for cheap LCD games.  
I hear even the ‘80s “Game & Watch” handheld Nintendo games were better then Tiger Electronic games.

Funny thing is, with today’s technology they could put the entire “Sonic 3 & Knuckles” game on there.  
In fact, Arcade1UP is putting the first two NES Megaman games on a single “Colecovision” style handheld unit, and doing the same for both NES Ducktales games. (Using the actual full official NES game ROMs.)  
Arcade1UP should make a Sonic one, as well.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide