Viewing last 25 versions of post by Beau Skunky in topic Sonic Discussion

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
[@RogueBadnik](/forums/generals/topics/sonic-discussion?post_id=5152229#post_5152229)
Maybe, but as much as I like Belle, I hope her creator Evan doesn't overdo her, or Mary-Sue her.

I remember one flaw Ken Penders had (not bashing all his works, mind you, some I enjoyed) was he tended to prefer his OCs over the official Sega characters. His notorious "Sonic meets the IMAGE comics characters crossover was ironically more about Ken's new human characters then the Sonic or IMAGE characters.

Some accuse writer Ian Flynn of this, but I kinda feel the opposite, as anytime Flynn introduced a new character, they usually didn't stick around long, or get much development.
Ian was better, and more focused at developing older characters, or underused ones like Feist, Mammoth Mogul, or the Iron Queen.

Even Ben Hurst, and the SatA.M. staff was a little guilty of this, as they seemed to prefer Sally, and others sometimes over Sonic & Tails. (Heck, Tails doesn't get any development until halfway through season 2.) Not saying Sally was a "Sue," but even as a Sally fan, I can admit there seemed to be some preference of her in the writing _sometimes._

As for Chris Thorndyke in Sonic X, he seemed to be mostly an audience surrogate, (in Japan, they usually prefer human characters) but at times stole the spotlight too much, as well.

Given all this, it's amazing Sonic wasn't overshadowed in the movie. He even got to narrate it.
No reason given
Edited by Beau Skunky
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
[@RogueBadnik](/forums/generals/topics/sonic-discussion?post_id=5152229#post_5152229)
Maybe, but as much as I like Belle, I hope her creator Evan doesn't overdo her, or Mary-Sue her.

I remember one flaw Ken Penders had (not bashing all his works, mind you, some I enjoyed) was he tended to prefer his OCs over the official Sega characters. His notorious "Sonic meets the IMAGE comics characters crossover was ironically more about Ken's new human characters then the Sonic or IMAGE characters.

Some accuse writer Ian Flynn of this, but I kinda feel the opposite, as anytime Flynn introduced a new character, they usually didn't stick around long, or get much development.
Ian was better, and more focused at developing older characters, or underused ones like Feist, or the Iron Queen.

Even Ben Hurst, and the SatA.M. staff was a little guilty of this, as they seemed to prefer Sally, and others sometimes over Sonic & Tails. (Heck, Tails doesn't get any development until halfway through season 2.) Not saying Sally was a "Sue," but even as a Sally fan, I can admit there seemed to be some preference of her in the writing _sometimes._

As for Chris Thorndyke in Sonic X, he seemed to be mostly an audience surrogate, (in Japan, they usually prefer human characters) but at times stole the spotlight too much, as well.

Given all this, it's amazing Sonic wasn't overshadowed in the movie. He even got to narrate it.
No reason given
Edited by Beau Skunky
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!

Some accuse writer Ian Flynn of this, but I kinda feel the opposite, as anytime Flynn introduced a new character, they usually didn't stick around long.
Ian was better, and more focused at developing older characters, or underused ones like Feist, or the Iron Queen.

No reason given
Edited by Beau Skunky
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!

No reason given
Edited by Beau Skunky