Viewing last 25 versions of post by Beau Skunky in topic Sonic Discussion

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
"[@LightningBolt":](/forums/generals/topics/sonic-discussion?post_id=4982512#post_4982512
)  
Yeah... I miss Archie Sonic too...

I recently checked out the IDW reboot series, and honestly it's pretty good, but I still miss Archie Sonic alot. (Wish it at least made it past the issue #300 milestone.)

Unpopular opinion, but Archie Sonic is my favorite Sonic official canon, not just because of the SatA.M. characters, but because it had old, and new game characters, (before Sega mandated "Classic Sonic" & "Modern Sonic" are now separate) mixes the cartoon stories/canon with the game canon stories, and has plenty of original stuff mixed in too, and even some nods to stuff like the OVA, and AoStH. It was like a huge melting pot of all the major Sonic canons.

IDW Sonic while good, honestly feels a bit limited to only modern game characters (so "classic" ones like Nack, Mighty, Ray, ect. aren't even allowed, and they were frequently in Archie) and new ones. It's a shame nothing else from any other canon is allowed in it.

It'd be like a new Ninja Turtle comic where almost all of the old characters aren't allowed.
No reason given
Edited by Beau Skunky
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
"@LightningBolt":/forums/generals/topics/sonic-discussion?post_id=4982512#post_4982512
Yeah... I miss Agrchieed Sonic too...

I recently checked out the IDW reboot series, and honestly it's pretty good, but I still miss Archie Sonic alot. (Wish it at least made it past the issue #300 milestone.)
Unpopular opinion, but Archie Sonic is my favorite Sonic official canon, not just because of the SatA.M. characters, but because it had old, and new game characters, (before Sega mandated "Classic Sonic" & "Modern Sonic" are now separate) mixes the cartoon stories/canon with the game canon stories, and has plenty of original mixed in too. It was like a huge melting pot of all the major Sonic canons.

IDW Sonic while good, honestly feels a bit limited to only modern game characters (so "classic" ones like Nack, Mighty, Ray, ect. aren't even allowed, and they were frequently in Archie) and new ones. It's a shame nothing else from any other canon is allowed in it.
It'd be like a new Ninja Turtle comic where almost all of the old characters aren't allowed.
No reason given
Edited by Beau Skunky