Viewing last 25 versions of post by Beau Skunky in topic Sonic Discussion

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
"[@Penguin Dragneel":](/forums/generals/topics/sonic-discussion?post_id=4972225#post_4972225
)  
As much as a huge Nintendo fan as I am, honestly I don't like that idea either, because of one thing.
_

Nintendo is notoriously stingy, and overprotective with their properties._* If Nintendo bought Sonic, then they will cancel the Sonic comics, the upcoming Sonic movie sequel, and possibly the Mobile games, and other things.

Not to mention, take Sonic off STEAM, the Playstation Stores, and such, limiting his audience, and some Sega fans hate Nintendo still.

In fact, nearly a decade ago, Archie Comics actually approached Nintendo with a pitch for a Super Mario comic, and possibly a Kirby, and separate Metroid mini-series. (Artwork from the pitch can be found online drawn by Sonic/Megaman comic artist Tracey Yardley.)

Supposedly, NOA (Nintendo of America) liked it, but Nintendo Co. LTD turned it down, no questions asked...

They'll let Mario be on Campbell's Soup, and underwear, but won't allow him in any American comics, and not even an animated show sense 1991. I really don't understand Nintendo's licensing department & policies...

(As for the upcoming animated Mario movie, that's been in "Development Hell" so long, I'll be surprised if it ever gets made, and it wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo cancelled it, like their cancelled Metroid movie.)
No reason given
Edited by Beau Skunky
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
"@Penguin Dragneel":/forums/generals/topics/sonic-discussion?post_id=4972225#post_4972225
As much as a huge Nintendo fan as I am, honestly I don't like that idea either, because of one thing.
_Nintendo is notoriously stingy, and overprotective with their properties._ If Nintendo bought Sonic, then they will cancel the Sonic comics, the upcoming Sonic movie sequel, and possibly the Mobile games, and other things.

In fact, nearly a decade ago, Archie Comics actually approached Nintendo with a pitch for a Super Mario comic, and possibly a Kirby, and separate Metroid mini-series. (Artwork from the pitch can be found online drawn by Sonic/Megaman comic artist Tracey Yardley.)
Supposedly, NOA (Nintendo of America) liked it, but Nintendo Co. LTD turned it down, no questions asked...
They'll let Mario be on Campbell's Soup, and underwear, but won't allow him in any American comics, and not even an animated show sense 1991. I really don't understand Nintendo's licensing department & policies...
(As for the upcoming animated Mario movie, that's been in "Development Hell" so long, I'll be surprised if it ever gets made, and it wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo cancelled it, like their cancelled Metroid movie.)
No reason given
Edited by Beau Skunky