Viewing last 25 versions of post by Beau Skunky in topic Sonic Discussion

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
"[@Angrybrony":](/forums/generals/topics/sonic-discussion?post_id=4713474#post_4713474
[bq="Angrybrony"]
)  

>
more people know who Chris thorndyke is then emerl and i'm mad about it. [/bq]

Dude, alot of my favorite Sonic characters are obscure.

Heck, Fang/Nack, Bark, and Bean aren't even allowed in IDW.

Emerl is at least allowed in IDW.

"

[
@TheHappySpaceman":](/forums/generals/topics/sonic-discussion?post_id=4713510#post_4713510
[bq="TheHappySpaceman"]
) " 

> [
@Dr_Osaka":](/forums/generals/topics/sonic-discussion?post_id=4713505#post_4713505
)
>
Agreed. At least he's not a spoiled rich brat. [/bq]

In fairness, he's actually a nice kid, and kid's can identify with some things about him perhaps, like being lonely, and such. (Though, he apparently does have school kid friends, so that lonliness thing doesn't play off well.)

As Osaka says, Chris is hated for just being a blank token kid human friend, and because he oftentimes overshadowed main characters, including Spnic himself. (Some episodes, Sonic barely even shows up, except to fight the robot boss of the week.)

I did think it was kinda funny when he had to help Big the cat, in the Sonic Adventure 1 adaptation arc, and at least he got brushed to the side a bit in that.

A friend of mine says he thinks the series would've been better if Sonic & Co. befriended Helen, that wheelchair girl, instead of Chris, sense she was a li'l more likeable.

(Ever notice many cartoons in the 2000s had a "token wheelchair/cripple kid?" Even "Dragon Tales" had a dragon kid in a wheelchair.)
No reason given
Edited by Beau Skunky
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
"@Angrybrony":/forums/generals/topics/sonic-discussion?post_id=4713474#post_4713474
[bq="Angrybrony"] more people know who Chris thorndyke is then emerl and i'm mad about it. [/bq]
Dude, alot of my favorite Sonic characters are obscure.
Heck, Fang/Nack, Bark, and Bean aren't even allowed in IDW.
Emerl is at least allowed in IDW.

"@TheHappySpaceman":/forums/generals/topics/sonic-discussion?post_id=4713510#post_4713510
[bq="TheHappySpaceman"] "@Dr_Osaka":/forums/generals/topics/sonic-discussion?post_id=4713505#post_4713505
Agreed. At least he's not a spoiled rich brat. [/bq]
In fairness, he's actually a nice kid, and kid's can identify with some things about him perhaps, like being lonely, and such. (Though, he apparently does have school kid friends, so that lonliness thing doesn't play off well.)

As Osaka says, Chris is hated for just being a blank token kid human friend, and because he oftentimes overshadowed main characters, including Spnic himself. (Some episodes, Sonic barely even shows up, except to fight the robot boss of the week.)

I did think it was kinda funny when he had to help Big the cat, in the Sonic Adventure 1 adaptation arc, and at least he got brushed to the side a bit in that.

A friend of mine says he thinks the series would've been better if Sonic & Co. befriended Helen, that wheelchair girl, sense she was a li'l more likeable.
(Ever notice many cartoons in the 2000s had a "token wheelchair/cripple kid?" Even "Dragon Tales" had a dragon kid in a wheelchair.)
No reason given
Edited by Beau Skunky