Safe For All Audiences Anime/Manga/Doujinshi Discussion Thread 2.0

PoniesRUs
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Let’s try this discussion again. I’m going to copy and paste OP’s post from the original thread, because I’m too lazy to write my own.

A thread to discuss safe for all audiences anime, manga, and doujinshi.

Whether it’s made in Japan or Korea, America or Brazil, anime and manga tells many stories. From stories about School Girls in Mobile Suits to worlds filled with Existential Dread We’re Already Dead, from Secrets That Destroy The World to Joyous Soaring Faith In The Future, anime and manga embrace all genres and yet also manage to be genres in themselves.

What anime, manga, or doujinshi are your all time favorites? Which are the new ones that you’re watching? What is coming out that you can’t wait to see? Which ones never got the attention that you think they should have? Is there a new show on NETFLIX that you think MIGHT be anime but how could we tell?

This is a place to discuss them.

This is not — IS NOT — the ONLY place to discuss them. There’s many threads devoted to Anime and Manga on this site. Some are hugely popular, some failed after a single page.

The thing that makes this thread different from some of the other similar threads is that this thread is only for content that is safe for all audiences. Some of us don’t want to deal with spoilers that we might accidentally mouse over — whether that’s because we’re at work and trying to avoid having to talk with HR or because we just personally don’t even want to be reminded that hentai is a thing doesn’t matter. This thread is SFW only.

If you want to talk about the anime industry or anime in general, please use the General Anime.

If you want to talk about or post hentai, please use the General Hentai Thread.

RULES:  
  1. No NSFW topics, images, or links to NSFW content, not even spoilered.  
  2. Link to on-site images with >>#t or >>#p.  
  3. Don’t be an asshole.
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
On of my favorite ongoing Manga is “One Punch Man” by “ONE” and redrawn by Murata Yuusuke.

It’s available in English in its original form, drawn by ONE, on OneWebComic - the translated version of the web comic is fairly complete, but the website its hosted on periodically drops several, or sometimes several dozen, of the older episodes (I’m guessing it’s based on hosting fees or something) but the more recent chapters seem to be pretty consistently available. The webcomic is years ahead of the Anime, and several months ahead of the redrawn version of the Manga by Murata Yuusuke.

ONE’s uniquely expressive drawing styles are crude, but very much responsible for the final action and the look and feel of what Murata Yuusuke creates. Here’s an example:

full

The published version of the Manga, drawn by Murata Yuusuke, is also available in fan-translated English, albeit a few years behind the web comic. Here’s a sample of what Murata Yuusuke creates with the inspirations of ONE’s original illustrations:

full

If you haven’t experienced One Punch Man, or if you’ve only watched the Anime, check out the manga. It’s delicious cake.

Just a heads up - one of the curious things of the relationship between ONE and Murata Yuusuke is that after the redrawn chapter appears it sometimes disappears and gets completely redrawn. Sometimes ONE objects to something Murata Yuusuke did, or Murata Yuusuke decides that he didn’t quite capture the motion in the chapter well.

Either way, you’ll sometimes read the same chapter “JUST RELEASED” three or even four times before the final version comes out.

For me, that’s a bonus, because I enjoy watching the artists working on “What we meant to say instead” and improving the chapters, and the redrawn chapters often are significant improvements, so it’s all good.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide