RWBY Thread

Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
@Angrybrony
Now, now, I wouldn't say this is a stupid decision (because I don't know where it's going) but it is… questionable…

Also because she's not my favourite character so yeah. That title belongs to Nora.
Background Pony #D2E4
So they going to use the Halo Reach engine next season? ;P

(This is a joke not meant to be serious)
Alexk13

Some people despise Jaune. Some it's Blake.

For me, if Cinder dies off for real next volume, I'd add my usual comments where I compare her unfavorably to another yellow-eyes fire using female, along with a heaping dose of "finally; good riddance".

Honestly, after the start of volume 6, I just find her so tiresome.
Scrabbleman
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
@Alexk13
Oh, they're not gonna kill Cinder. As of right now, she's on the path of world destruction. I wouldn't be surprised to see that if Salem does get defeated, Cinder takes her place as the villain in the last few episodes.
Alexk13

@Scrabbleman
That's what I'm afraid of.

It would take A-LOT to make me see her as something other than a wannabe version of a certain member of the Fire Nation whom I wish kicked the bucket at the end of volume 5. And in all honesty, I'm not sure that's possible because even seeing her origins did nothing to change my opinion.

Sometimes I think that I see this show as more Fan-fic Fuel, where I look around and look at what I would use, alter, discard, etc. For instance, I'm prone to cutting the "Jaundice" plot and Adam's canon history with Blake and personality (I.E. being her Evil Ex).
Background Pony #7988
I'm thinking of starting on this series. Not just Chibi, but the original series itself.
WyrmSpawN
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Abandoned By Hope
Excuse me for barging in where I don’t belong, but I’m never seen a show so determined to be miserable.

I stopped watching some ages ago, but every couple months YouTube recommends me a story beat clip and it’s always got some horrible news attached to it.

Like, I just found out what happened to the character mentioned above days ago, and now I just come off finding what else happened to her, again. for the seemingly sole purpose of making it more permanent this time and negating all the interest i had in her future dealings.

Like, is it always this terrible? Do the moments between these massive losses make up for them?

Sorry for the rant.
Scrabbleman
Artist -

[screams in German]
@WyrmSpawN
It's not that the show is determined to make itself miserable. It is, however, determined to nail in the point that death is permanent.

No magic is ever going to bring anyone back. Pyrrha ain't coming back, neither is Penny. Penny used to be the exception with her being a robot but the fact she has a soul made it iffy. So she's fated to die.
shinigamiPeter

@WyrmSpawN

I stopped watching some ages ago, but every couple months YouTube recommends me a story beat clip and it’s always got some horrible news attached to it.

Like, I just found out what happened to the character mentioned above days ago, and now I just come off finding what else happened to her, again. for the seemingly sole purpose of making it more permanent this time and negating all the interest i had in her future dealings.

Like, is it always this terrible? Do the moments between these massive losses make up for them?

I mean, considering you dropped the series, wouldn't the interest you had already be at zero? That feels self-contradictory.

But anyway, YT recommends clips that generate the most hype/discussion/shock, so it's typically something taken out of context. Like, "oh no, our heroes are in a tight spot, whatever shall they do?!" The things weren't really that bad in a long time, especially considering the fact the series takes place in what is basically a death world. In fact, the main characters really didn't have a major loss since Volume 3. Sure, there were rough patches here and there, but everything for the time ended on positive note.

So if anything, Volume 8(along with Volume 7, since those two continue the exact same storyline) exists to remind the audience that things won't always just work out to the heroes. Honestly, while I'm sad about Penny, and overall I feel the whole setup was a bit wasteful (assuming that's all they'll do with it), I would be more annoyed at everything just…fixing itself no problem in the last 3 episodes after just falling apart for this Volume and the ending part of the last. That, and I have my theory about the "void" leading to the afterlife, potentially allowing Penny and other dead characters like Hazel or Jacques some more screen time and a degree of closure. Then again, maybe I'm just more optimistic about the series than I should be.
Background Pony #7988
Mental note: never buy RWBY products made outside the US on Etsy. It's been nearly a month since I ordered that Yang button.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Derpibooru costs over $25 a day to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: *bold* _italic_ [spoiler]hide text[/spoiler] @code@ +underline+ -strike- ^sup^ ~sub~