RWBY Thread

Dirty Bit
Thread Starter - Hazbin Hotel Thread [Possible NSFW/Dark]
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

That's him, officer
Can we appreciate how Watts just went off on Cinder despite him nearly dying?

Love him or hate him, Chris has chops…
fredhot20

So, I just watched yesterday the first episode of Volume 1, ‘‘Ruby Rose.’’ Weirdly enough, I remember watching this episode (though I never finished it) back on Rooster Teeth when it was fresh and new, around 2014. O.K, maybe “fresh and new” is an exaggeration because I also remember there being three or four more episodes in the playlist. Here’s a list of thoughts I had, incoherent and random they might seem.

• First two minutes are a woman giving a very basic fairytale history of the world- Grimm, Dust, humanity getting back on top with it- while a man speaks up at the end to talk about “simple souls” and how that can bring victory rather then “strength”, as the woman decries.  
  • Was anybody reminded of that “oh no, he can’t hear us, he has ear-pods on” meme when that one gangster walked up to Ruby? Also, why does he have a sword? He’s a mook, he doesn’t need anything fancy. Just a gun will do. What, they only brought the one and it isn’t his turn yet?  
  • You know, I do like Ruby’s fighting style with the scythe. (We’ll ignore where she was keeping it and why she was out packing heat.) I think it’s the way she dry-fires (I think she dry-fires, I don’t really see any bullets when she’s not trying to shoot somebody) so as to use the recoil of the gun to force the scythe forward. Considering she’s a slim waif of a girl, using that force to bisect and decapitate monsters (the body is pretty tough to cut, considering all that muscle and bone) is a nice touch.  
  • And now, Quistis Trepe (Final Fantasy VIII) is on the scene fighting Madame High Heels and the fight turns into some sort of magic duel, with sigils flashing on the ground and one of them firing a storm of shards, while the other disperses then reforms them to fling them back. It’s…somewhat cool but a little weird. RWBY fights so far seem more…physical, where you actually have to get-up close, swing or thrust your weapon at them rather then stand around and shoot Magic Missile. More “fights” then duels at ten paces.  
  • And Ruby wastes her turn shooting at the shadowed lady (it must be a pain to be in utter darkness for so long) rather then…you know, the rotors. With Ruby’s turn ending, Redhead Esquire and the magical lady use theirs to Flee and battle is over, robbing Ruby and Madam Cape of experience points and loot.  
  • Oh, ‘‘that’s’’ what Ozpin looks like. I saw a troper with an avatar that looked like him but I never knew who the person was supposed to be. It kinda makes it a bit difficult to look at him because that troper said some pretty shitty things so Ozpin’s face keeps bringing up bad memories. In the back of my head, I keep expecting him to say some anti-feminist babble.  
  • It’s not helped by his initial behavior. “You have silver eyes”. And a gun. ‘‘And’’ she’s below the age of consent (she looks like she’s 14 or 15), so get back, Principal Pervert.  
  • And he brought milk and cookies. When Sexy McGonagall told you that she caught a child, did you think she meant an actual child of seven or eight years? Or was that your bedtime snack?  
  • His cup of brown liquid reminds me of a Quarantine life hack I heard where if you blow on your coffee cup a few times, people will think you’re drinking tea rather then liquor. You think that’s what inside?  
  • In fact, where the hell are they? Huntsmen HQ? Do they just have police authority wherever they go? What’s the “slap on the wrist” they can give? Is this their secret torture dungeon?  
  • Oooooooh, Ruby’s one of ‘‘those’’ characters. Enthusiastic, cheery, with no real sense of self-awareness. And yet…I think I like these type of characters (Pinkie Pie, Starfire from the 2003 ‘‘Teen Titans’’ show, Kamala Khan) though I usually flinch initially, like now.  
  • Aaaannnndddd, yep. “Scythes R Us”, “Harvest Moon”, and “Twin Reaper” are ships names for this pubescent girl and her uncle/teacher.  
  • And Ruby’s bumped up two years ahead from her…high school? Middle school? She does seem to be pretty young, even as a teenager. Is it the silver eyes? The nepotism because she’s Qrow’s niece?  
  • I didn’t think Yang, erm, I mean, “Blonde Girl” would be so huggy and affectionate to her sister. Also, they’re sisters despite not looking like each other at all.  
  • These shadow-people are going to be the death of me. They make me break out in hives. I’m willing to ignore animation problems like the cookies just disappearing rather then being eaten by Ruby but these bloody shadow-people will drive me insane, especially since I can tell by their outlines that there are actual designs under their cloak of blackness. They’re not just formless clones so it feels like there are supposed to be actual people but they only had enough time to make the outline so they left everything black and blank.  
  • I think it’s that there’s ‘‘supposed’’ to be something there but there’s clearly nothing so I can’t ignore it. [[https://www.egscomics.com/comic/2002-06-03 Like this comic. I kinda freaked out because the blank, white background (supposedly at a high school) makes the characters look like they’re trapped in some sort of prison dimension.]]  
  • Well, Roman can’t be that good a criminal. He managed to not evade the authorities enough to get a mugshot. Also, get beat up. Please tell that was just to subdue him and not after his arrest because that’s the first thing that comes to mind.  
  • And, now, news at 10 with our local still image. Seriously, the woman doesn’t even qualify as a Jpeg.  
  • So, there are animal-people called “Faunus” and they’re an underclass  
    (don’t know where I heard that before, cough, Blazblue) while there’s a formerly peaceful terrorist group called the “White Fang”. Considering we took the time to hear this report but not any actual specifics about the incident, this must come up later. Wait, that symbol of them…is that the group Redhead Dick (the other redhead dick, the one who doesn’t walk around with a cane like an old man but needs a voice actor that doesn’t sound like he’s trying too hard) is in?  
  • And there goes “Vomit Boy”. It must suck to ‘‘discover’’ you have air-sickness while on an aerial vehicle. He has an actual colored design instead of a veil of darkness so he must be a character and not a fill-in.

…Does this forum have a folder function? How do you put a folder in a post?
shinigamiPeter

It’s kinda funny how everything went from “almost too good to be true” to  
full  
in a span of one episode.  
||  
Cinder utilizes power of friendship and suddenly becomes competent. Also uses Jinn’s last question to pragmatically learn the plans of RWBYJNPR, instead of the expected “but power tho”.

Yang sacrifices herself for Ruby and falls into the void.

Harriet tries to continue the nuking because L O Y A L T Y, almost gets talked out of it by Vine, only for Robyn to ruin the moment and Watts to use the fight to camouflage him hijacking the airship.

Ren, Em and Oz are left with evacuees in Vacuo and unable to go back and help because the portal is supposed to be “a one way ticket to Vacuo”. Thanks Weiss. Also sandstorm and swarm of Grimm, and Ren is already out of Aura from trying to mask people.

Ironwood gets released (by Watts? Or just everything failing now that Atlas is falling?), kills Jacques for being a pain, and goes to the Vault for a 1v1 with Winter.

Also civilians are dying, either from Cinder not caring about collateral, or Grimm in Vacuo doing their thing.  
||  
In general, shit’s fucked, yo.
Dirty Bit
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

That's him, officer
Finally finished episode 12

I really like Ambrosius. He’s like Aladdin’s Genie if he were a picky artist/architect.

New Penny is so adorable. A twisted part of me laughed at her old body fading away.

The fight scene was so epic.
Dirty Bit

That's him, officer
Sometimes I forget how badass Watts is when he has any functioning piece of technology. Didn’t think he was the one to cut off Jaune. Funny how Cinder took the time to say that he deserves Atlas.

The monkey’s paw that is RWBY’s portal request finally rears its ugly head.

Fuck Harriet. Hope Marrow and Elm are okay, not to mention Robyn possibly saving Vine.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide