RWBY Thread

Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
RWBY VOLUME 8 EPISODE 4: FAULT

Well, that’s nice of Robin to try and lift Qrow’s spirits with funny stories of the Happy Huntresses.

Okay, that last crack WAS pretty funny. Also, how did a fly get into the cell? Aren’t the cell walls solid light?

God, that hits hard. Loneliness SUCKS. Even worse when hope shines a light at the end of the tunnel, only for it to fade to darkness again.

I guess I can see why a lie-detecting Semblance would make people wary. Everybody has secrets. Everybody tells lies. And nobody wants to admit to either.

Robyn spitting harsh facts! Funny how Marrow is the Faunus, but Harriet is the attack dog, desperate for someone or something to bite.

Can I just say I love how Ren completely trusts Jaune? Because blasting him upwards with the concussive burst of his shield is inspired!

I hope it was just the noise that roused the Centipede Grimm, not the Hound being able to literally summon more Grimm. That’s just a stupid-OP ability.

Okay, that’s badass, using a deployable barrier as a jump-ramp!

Ren coming in with the clutch save!

Whitley! Hopefully he’ll have a nice little redemption now that his worst influence, Jacques, is in the slammer.

Blergh. I guess Whitley’s time has not come quite yet.

Oh my gosh, what is this? Blake and Ruby ACTUALLY talking to each other?

God damn it, Ren. Everything you say is right, but…..God damn it, Ren.

Not helping, Yang. Way to rub salt in the wound.

Aaaaaaalrighty then, Salem has the Cruciatus Curse on hand for all her torturing needs.

I hope Oscar can hold out if he just remembers that torture never actually works. Seriously, it doesn’t. You don’t know if they’re just making shit up. And if you did, then the torture is pointless and you’re just a sick, sadistic bastard.

Cinder, Cinder, Cinder….I get you want to do good for Mommy, but you’re just going to have to take the L on this one.

I love how Neo doesn’t even have to say anything, she just has a look of pure “Are you fucking serious right now? Literally 5 minutes after you were told to stay put, you just GOTTA go ‘check on something’?”

Haha, we got jebaited again. That’s not Neo talking, that’s Emerald.

Sigh. You did what you could Jaune. This is probably something Ren is gonna have to work through on his own.

Ah geez, what ridiculous Grimm is lurking under the ice?
Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
VOLUME 8 EPISODE 5: AMITY

Dr. Polendina painfully coughing? What are you talking about that’s not a death flag!

Maria is piloting a mech. Be afraid. Be VERY afraid.

Ah shit, OF COURSE Cinder would come to fuck things up right during a very important countdown.

How the hell is Penny immediately knocked down by the thrust and Cinder isn’t?

Maiden fight! Maiden fight! Even odds right now. Penny isn’t going to be able to stomp Cinder like Raven did.

It’s been a while since Cinder broke out the ol’ bow and arrows!

About time that smug little twerp Neo get her ass handed to her in a PROPER fight!

Cinder, Cinder, Cinder. Accept that you’re just another pawn. Literally everybody except you can see it.

GET FUCKING REKT, CINDER!

Here we go. Turning point. Either Cinder will accept and reciprocate Emerald’s love and assistance…or drop her like a turd. And Emerald, Cinder. My money’s on the latter.

Penny’s gonna try to do a Superman. Except….

*”I DON’T CARE ABOUT THE BIG PICTURE! I CARE ABOUT MY DAUGHTER!”*

There is a point in every parent’s life where they must accept that they have to let their child go. Whether it’s heading off to college, joining the military, or boosting up an airborne coliseum/radio tower to broadcast a message to the world.

Oh my God, Sun and Neptune! Uh, where are Sage and Scarlet? Are they even around anymore?

Ilia! Shopkeep! Glinda! Oh my God, I just realized this is the first time we’ve seen her since the animation changeover in Volume 4! God, it’s been so long…

Okay, we all assumed Tyrian was Salem’s “favorite child”, but it’s kinda funny to see that canonized here. Headpat the scorpion boy.

Aaaand here comes the hacking.

Oh God, I can’t even BEGIN to imagine what Taiyang is going through. He hasn’t seen either of his daughters in MONTHS, and now his youngest is on TV, with an emergency message?!

Sigh. I miss Zwei.

*”Curse your sudden yet inevitable betrayal!”*

Creepy river of Grimm slime just flowing through a giant chasm in the ground. Not ominous at all!
Random-Rambling
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
VOLUME 8 EPISODE 6; MIDNIGHT

It’s time.

Cinder backstory? Finally?

Going from rural Chinese farm to…a hotel in New York?

I’m just questioning the…logic… behind adopting a kid just to use her as a slave.

Holy Jesus, do these two girls have ANY hobbies besides kicking Cinder around? Reading, needlepoint, flirting, something, ANYTHING?

Oh cool, a shock collar. Definitely something you put on another human being, ESPECIALLY a child. Yep.

Instant armor Semblance? Okay, THAT’S cool. I kinda hope this guy becomes the father/big brother Cinder never had, but considering she’s with Salem now, that obviously didn’t happen.

”We do not serve Faunus” sign. Of course you don’t. Sigh.

Cinder fucking snapped. And because her mentor IS a moral guy, he has no choice but to report her to the authorities for murder. I do wonder what would have happened if he just turned a blind eye to her revenge.

Good job, Cinder, you just killed the only person who ever respected you. Nice going.

Okay, first of all, holy crap, Mercury actually has lines! On the one hand, I’m worried that he’s starting to refer to Salem as “our queen”. On the other hand, he’s giving Emerald a dose of cold hard truth: Cinder doesn’t give a crap about Emerald saving her life. Also, apparently he got a promotion. Now he reports directly to Salem. Good for him, I guess?

”This is my burden to bear”. That’s really easy to say when it’s not your body being beaten up like a slab of meat, eh Ozpin?

Yes, PLEASE work together! Salem LOVES the old divide-and-conquer, maybe it’s time they did a little of that of their own…

Oh, so Salem kills thousands, and you’re okay with it, Hazel? But Ozpin letting a few dozen kids die makes HIM a monster? You can lie to yourself, but don’t lie to others; you’re just taking your rage out on the only target you can.

Well shit, Atlas’s shields are down. Which lets Salem waltz right in.
Random-Rambling
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
VOLUME 8 EPISODE 7: WAR

Last episode before the mini-hiatus, let’s go! (RWBY will return in February)

Cut to a very bucolic farm. We’re probably not in Atlas anymore.

It seems we are, and the Atlas army is out in force against a truly massive swarm of Grimm.

Ah fuck, the Apathy. We are so screwed.

Evacuation time! Everybody panic!

Yang says what we’re all thinking. The literal personification of everything Hunters spend their entire lives fighting against is LITERALLY on your doorstep, and yet you just “follow orders”, restraining some of the few Hunters who actually know what the hell is going on.

Well well well, Winter, how do you like “following orders” now? Are you willing to DIE for them? And not just die, but willingly sacrifice yourself and the lives of several others in a suicide-bombing mission?

What are you up to, Emerald?

Well, at least Hazel isn’t TOTALLY insane. Salem convinced (read: lied to) him that the Hunter Academies, who were indirectly responsible for his sister’s death, would be no more.

Okay, first question, how the FUCK did Hazel kill Salem? Dude’s strong as hell, but Salem is literally on another level entirely because of her magic. And second question, why did she LET him rough her up not just once, but multiple times?

That armor-piercing question. Will helping Salem bring about a new world order, one under her heel, bring back your sister, Hazel? Will it?

You know what you’re good for, Nora? Everything, but especially being yourself.

What DO they do? I don’t think even Ruby’s Silver Eyes can stop the whale, even if Salem was kind enough to just sit there and take it. And if people are coming, when? And how?

Here we go. In-show confirmation that May’s family disowned her for being transgender.

Whitley secretly eavesdropping? What new options will a more active Whitley have, I wonder?

Hazel’s pretty darn set in his ways. Not even the truth will shake him, I fear.

Ooookay Oscar,you’re giving away the big secret of the Relic of Knowledge. Are you SURE about that? You can’t ever take that back.

Ooh, I’m LIKING the idea that Hazel might rebel against Salem.

Okay, so Tyrian is okay with Salem’s final goal of total world destruction (as we expected him to be), but obviously Mercury isn’t. In my mind, he just inched a little closer to “possible redemption?” Not that that’s gonna happen anytime soon. He and Tyrian are headed to Vacuo, where we probably won’t see them again until Volume 9.

Wow, Harriet is stone-fucking-cold. Everyone is replaceable indeed. Also, Tortuga? The tortoise to her hare?

Oh my God, is Ren’s Semblance evolving? Can he see emotions and inner thoughts now? That’s so fucking HYPE! And I guess Harriet isn’t as heartless as she likes to claim. That’s good to know.

Holy shit, Klein’s back! God, it’s been a hot minute since we’ve seen him. He picked a hell of a time to return, though.

Whitley called him? Is he turning towards Team RWBY’s side, hopefully?

Yay, sibling hugs!

Aaaand the episode ends with Penny literally crash-landing on Schnee Manor. This mini-hiatusis gonna be something else….
Dirty Bit
Thread Starter - Hazbin Hotel Thread [Possible NSFW/Dark]
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

That's him, officer
@Alexk13

The moment I saw the video’s title in conjunction with Ironwood, I was the least bit surprised.

He needs a firm reality check, or a rematch with Watts, who could taunt him for his recent actions.
Random-Rambling
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
Just saw today’s episode.
And for my reaction to the ending, head to 3:08 on the linked video and
to sum up my thoughts about Ironwood
The moment I saw the video’s title in conjunction with Ironwood, I was the least bit surprised.
He needs a firm reality check, or a rematch with Watts, who could taunt him for his recent actions.

And here’s my reaction. (scroll to 0:14 in the video)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide