Religion general

Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
“I do not believe in any god.” At first this sounds like it’s rejecting all possibilities of god just like anti-theism. However I looked something up, and it became more clear to me. It’s the way the word believe is being used.
“I don’t believe god exist” Athiesm
“I believe god does not exist” Antitheism
There is a difference here. One is rejecting the assertion of god, and the other is making the assertion that god cannot exists.
Now I don’t know if I’m athiest or agnostic. Agnostic could be making the assertion of unknowable things, but I don’t truely know if these things are unknowable, so why it might be cool to be one of the few people that believe certain things are unknowable, I might never know if these things are unknowable.
I guess I made the mistake for so long, because most people only argue whether or not god exists, they don’t usually argue if the existence of god is knowable or not (still possibly because it will weaken their argument).
Hali the Emoji girl
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Goth Cinnamon Roll
A feel like most atheist firmly denies the existence of god or the supernatural, because they care more about the power of their argument than the truth. The truth looks like a weak argument, but acknowledging a lack of information is the foundation of science. Perhaps some atheist can’t tell the difference between rejecting the assertion of god, and rejecting the possibility of god.
I don’t “deny” the existence of gods and the supernatural because of argument; I just don’t see any concrete evidence that they exist. I need evidence so I can know they exist instead of just believing they do.
Hali the Emoji girl
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Goth Cinnamon Roll
One is rejecting the assertion of god.
That’s not rejection. Do you reject the existence of dragons and other mythological creatures or do you simply don’t think they exist?
Beth
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Hali the Emoji girl
If someone asserted they exists I would reject the claim, just like I reject most/all assertions of god.
When I’m saying something could exists, i’m not making the assertion that it does.
I assume you’re an athiest. Rejecting the assertion of god has nothing to do with physically stopping god from existing. An assertion means the claim that god exists, rejecting an assertion based on lack of evidence just means you’re not believing the claim, has nothing to do with the possibility.
Rejecting the assertion of god is what you want, I wasn’t saying anything bad about that, but there is not enough evidence to reject the possibility.
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Gallusposting since 2019
If a country made a law prohibiting evangelism, will foreigners obey that law?
And since Evangelical Christians consider God to be more important than the government, are they disloyal?
This attitude of “God over nation/community”, which I have seen in evangelicals and Islamists online, are why I consider these people to be more aligned with theocracy instead of loyalty, making them more like traitors.
Background Pony #A882
After everything that’s happened recently in the United States I honestly can’t call myself a “Christian” anymore. It’s a label that’s tainted by truly insane people who hope to bring about the second coming of Christ by taking over the US and eventually the world.
I still DO believe in God and Jesus Christ. The gospel is so simple while organized religion is evil, full stop. A giant list of rules made by men to control people (and gain wealth), whatever the hell happened to “Believe and you shall be saved”? These people seem to forget that Jesus despised the organized religion of the time and they literally killed him because of it, and for sake of argument if he came back today the same as then all these supposed holy-rolling Evangelicals would do the exact same thing. They would not recognize him and would kill him.
For a time I was in the Rapture Ready cult that teaches that the world isn’t important because you could be “Raptured” (always in caps because that’s how much they idolize it) at any moment, and to support Israel no matter what not because they care about them but so that the rapture and seven-year reign of the Antichrist would start to bring about the end of the world and Jesus’s return. This is looked at as a good thing, by the way.
The other extreme, the one that’s being done right now in the US is Christian Dominionism. That’s the belief that Christians have to take over the world and establish a theocracy before Jesus can come back, and it’s already begun in the US.
The old saying about being too heavenly-minded that they’re no earthly-good summarizes organized religions in a nutshell, IMO. Life is important but all I see (especially from Evangelicals) is a fascination with death.
HorsesandMuchMOAR

Gallusposting since 2019
People like them were why I stopped being a Christian altogether. I don’t like being associated with those people.
They are no better than jihadis (the extreme Muslims, not ordinary Muslims whom they also target), whom I hate even more.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I am going to preface this with the full admittance that I am slightly prejudiced against Hinduism and here’s why. Not against Hindus themselves, or against Indians, just against the religion.
An Indian minster was recently hospitalized after drinking from a polluted holy river to prove it was “safe”. It is a common belief in Hinduism that their holy rivers, including the Ganges, are incorruptable, and this has been used as an excuse to turn their holy sites into utter refuse bins.
This offends me, greatly. Not only as just a human but as a Pagan. You have a natural holy site, a beautiful expression of nature’s power and its deep connection to us. And then you intentionally pollute the fuck out of it. They then have the gall, the absolute gall, to claim it as sacred. I find this deplorable.
And I will fully admit that it colors my perception of the religion as a whole.
Beth

In digital purgatory
@Background Pony #A882
While I may have a problem with a lot of christians, I don’t assume any one individual is bad. You can have personal beliefs without lumping yourself in with everyone else.
@4Town Fan
I’m afraid of the idea of reality and thus our lives repeating over and over without our awareness. Or that time doesn’t exist and we’re actually stuck in a 4 dimensional box that’s not moving (might not be the best description of eternalism) .
Even when i was a kid reality tripped me out. I didn’t understand why anything existed at all. Still don’t, and maybe noone does. It’s probably one of those things that doesn’t matter.
Beth

In digital purgatory
@4Town Fan
Some theology believes in the possibility of becoming one with god. Usually it means giving up the defining traits that make you a person.
Though sometimes this means complete annihilation, that destruction of both the body and soul is the only way to be one with god. Some believe that god is an all consuming oblivion, like a black hole, materials on earth can only form because they’re sufficiently far away from god (and ring shaped angels named throne exists in the border between).
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
@Beth
Screw it, I’m keeping my belief, it’s what’s been keeping me happy in spite of all the awful stuff going on in the world with its diseases and violence and greedy higher-ups.
Beth

In digital purgatory
Life and whatever exists beyond life is probably more amazing than most people believe.
I’m convinced I am an immortal being, drawn into the illusion of mortality. That my physical life is just a bunch of maze walls blocking my access to pass memories, a greater conscious that the human brain can only mimic on a tiny scale.
Keep whatever belief you want, nobody really knows shit, so trust your heart.
HorsesandMuchMOAR

Gallusposting since 2019
I also am disappointed at Indian politicians. They also drink cow urine just because it was mentioned in the ancient scriptures, even though most modern Hindus don’t even do that.
Further on, we also have nutjobs like Yati Narasinghanand and the Bajrang Dal, who make people more scared of Hinduism in general as if it were Taliban in orange. All because of a fear that they will be displaced by Muslims, they will seek a militarist society and go on internet trolling, making themselves no better than Trumpists.
People like them are who I try to avoid. They are like jihadists.
HorsesandMuchMOAR

Gallusposting since 2019
There were two Youtubers who were very happy that the Thor movie was banned in Malaysia for supposed LGBT references. Because they were spouting memes and nothing else, and they claimed that they were Christians, I assumed that they were like my background - most likely Chinese and urban, affluent enough to be influenced by US trolling culture.
And it is the same trolling culture in so many American internet users, especially right-wing, which made me hate Christianity and Christians more. They seem no better than jihadi or Hindutva jerks. They are loud enough to be the face of Christianity to me, like the jihadis for Islam and Hindutvas for Hinduism (my religion).
I would be happy to see online trolls, especially religious idiots, suffer for wasting everyone’s time online and being a pest to society.
Beth

In digital purgatory
Wouldn’t the character Thor himself be blasphemy in Islam? Why care more about sex than a false representation of god?
HorsesandMuchMOAR

Gallusposting since 2019
The Malaysian government sees Thor as just a comic book character because no one there ever prays to Thor at all, but takes action if anything LGBT is shown. There’s no sex, but only a lesbian character that Disney doesn’t allow to be removed, unlike previous movies where it is cut.
It’s also because being conservatives, the gov thinks that LGBT movements in Disney are waging war against it. Same siege mentality in US, Russian, and Chinese conservatives and nationalists!
There’s also only one scene where Thor’s butt is shown in front of Greek gods.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide