Religion general

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
The dark half of the year is upon us again. The holly king reigns, his crown bestowed by the oak king.
Hopefully this fall and winter is a pleasant one, now that the virus wanes.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
That’s what makes Terra such a gem. We should have been obliterated eons ago.
We have countless gamma bursts aimed at us, we are near several super nova and at least 2 “ultra nova” from super massive stars. Earth, and our tiny little Luna, are beyond unlikely.
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Gallusposting since 2019
While writing about an American diplomat (from a federation that calls themselves “the anti-fascist Galactic American Federation”), I was inspired to write this poem:
Odin gave you a soul to feel the world around you.
Vili gave you free will to do what is good and helpful.
Ve gave you creativity to reflect the beauty of the world.
Are these not better than reducing yourselves to war-beasts?
The diplomat is not a pagan, but he knows that the Galactic people are very devoted to the Norse deities. So he tried to remind them that the ways of the Gods do not necessarily need war and suspicion. He wants to convince the frightened Norse starfarers not to be afraid of his American people, even though these space Norse also hate fascism for destroying Earth long ago: perhaps they can find common cause?
Background Pony #937F
The idea of being surrounded by wrinkly old men and women in robes while a big dude stares at me 24/7 just to punish me for having even the slightest thought of anything naughty is more terrifying than Hell.
Barry Tone
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
1: Why would they be wrinkly? Who says they wouldn’t have all been given something better than anti-wrinkle cream, maybe unless you’re expecting them to look old?
2: What if our ideas of God are backwards, and he’s looking to turn us innocent, and he’s sad if we do not? Part of that seems conveyed in the “Though your sins are red as scarlet, they will be white as snow” verse.
Seriously though, Jesus forgave the adulteress who was about ready to be stoned to death. He got the lot of people who would stone her to death away from her, then told her “Go, and sin no more.” But at the same time, those who get forgiven and throw it away… I’m not sure, but perhaps it could be like a long-time alcoholic or smoker finally getting off the substance, with no compulsion to return, but he/she returns to it anyhow.
Mind, translating Hebrew to English loses subtle yet significant details. Hebrew has other functions that English doesn’t.
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Gallusposting since 2019
Mom was influenced by Osho and other New Age trash. Among the lessons she learned from her friends (out of desperation due to stress from her career include):
  • you must always say positive things, and tell the “universe” to thank it and have what you want now
  • Every day, I must love myself, so that the “universe” will bring me positive things with some mystical energy trash. I don’t love myself nowadays because of all of my failures and whatever garbage I had been through.
  • everything has “emotions”, even money, my clothes, and my objects. If I spout out in anger, my things and my future gains will avoid me.
Do these teaching work at all? Because I don’t see any results, sometimes I don’t have faith, preferring the material over the spiritual (and fickle).
===
I also have another issue to resolve: although many atheists have “hope”, “hope” itself seems to be against atheism, because it is reaching out for something that is not material and not in the “now”. It is like “faith”, because it asks for something that may not happen in a very cruel world.
I thought that if I really become atheist, I should stop having any sort of “hope”, because I might have little power to change my current situation as I cannot change people’s stubborn minds. Then religion is expecting the impossible.
If the world is so negative and so unfair, then pessimism and fighting the current situation, changing whatever I can, is more realistic than dreaming of a better world.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@HorsesandMuchMOAR
That is similar to the Law of Attraction stuff I read about, and peddled by Fake Gurus and non-christian conservative alike.
Postive Mental Attitude. “If you wish it enough it will manifest in your life.” Consequently the implication is that if you fail at something, it’s YOUR FAULT ENTIRELY because you didnt wish hard enough or arent’ positive enough to get things going your way.
This idea that the Universe only rewards happy people is bs to the nth degree, because the only thing a person can do is mitigate risk and optimizing chance of success. That’s it. How you are feeling towards something does not ultimately grant / deny that thing.
I prefer the Alghazali method. Embrace everything: fear, sadness, anger, anxiety etc because they are valid and teach you valuable things, but do not let them drive your decision-making. Feel with your heart, but think with reason.
Do your best, and take solace in the fact that you couldn’t have done it any better, whatever the result may be. You could be the lucky one today, or the universe’s RNG screwed you over. Either way it’s not entirely your fault.
Background Pony #57BA
This is probably going to start a massive outcry, but…I’m curious about Satanism.
Background Pony #57BA
Can I really choose a different deity even though I was baptized as a baby?
Background Pony #AF1D
Organized religion is what I hate. Anything with “organized” in front of it tends to be bad.
Jesus’s message is absolutely beautiful, the Church in general is not. In fact, if he came back today most people, especially those in said churches, would not recognize him and would want to kill him. Jesus hated organized religion of the time and I’m guessing it’d be much the same today.
And many of the rules, especially those toward sex, are outdated. I can understand before the advent of reliable birth control not wanting to have like a million kids and families to have to take care of but nowadays sex is basically a fun pastime, so long as it’s consensual and safe there shouldn’t be anything morally wrong with doing it. I also wear clothes with more than one type of fabric, which is also a rule in the OT possibly punishable by death, and you don’t see that being enforced today do you?
Background Pony #57BA
Because frankly, the idea of Heaven is unnerving to me. I do NOT want to spend an eternity surrounded by wrinkly old men and women in robes while a big dude stares at me 24/7 who then sends me into eternal pain for having even the slightest thought of anything naughty.
Background Pony #57BA
Alright, so I told my mom about this and she believes that Heaven is different for everyone, and you don’t even have to believe in God, just as long as you believe in someone or something.
So I choose Aphrodite, Goddess of Love.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide