Religion general

Flutter_Lover
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

#WaifuLivesMatter
@Ciaran  
It matters not where I live, it’s the systematic weapon of manipulation people use to justify shitty actions. And yes, I do agree I’m looking at the wrong religions, and I am a spiritualist.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
@Flutter_Lover  
Why would you care when it doesn’t affect you?

Yes, religion is often used as a way to justify shitty acts but you can use that with anything. Politics, race, sex and gender, age, etc.. Religion isn’t that special.
Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@Ciaran
It matters not where I live, it’s the systematic weapon of manipulation people use to justify shitty actions. And yes, I do agree I’m looking at the wrong religions, and I am a spiritualist.
@Flutter_Lover
Why would you care when it doesn’t affect you?
Yes, religion is often used as a way to justify shitty acts but you can use that with anything. Politics, race, sex and gender, age, etc.. Religion isn’t that special.

Yeah. Shitty manipulative people would still be that even without religion. They’d just fine something else to justify their actions.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Sorry guys but I have to say dis. Slavery is a can of worm you are not prepared to open, not in this thread, not with charged emotions.

This is the kinda things better left to academics and historians, guys. Unless Flutterbro and Scrabblebro have done extensive scholarly research over the subject–and no, having the same skin color as a previously enslaved people don’t count–then I suggest both of y’all put the worms back in the can, close the lid and label it “Don’t Open Until X-Mas” or something.

I’m saying this cos y’all have better things to do.
Flutter_Lover
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

#WaifuLivesMatter
@Scrabbleman  
Yeah, and here’s the thing. Why is slavery in general immoral but when God condones it, it’s permissible? Like as a black person myself, I don’t see how that logic works.
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Okay good. Keep it about God and not slavery because frankly you better take that up in the other thread. Attack him, because fyi, if you were talking about the islamic god, then no amount of criticism or rejection or righteous rebellion or any attack towards him would amount to anything, anyway. Literally overpowered, God is.

In fact, your indifferent or hostile feelings towards him is also probably his doing, and he’s both fully aware and is fully in control of it.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
@Flutter_Lover  
You were talking about God in general, considering your disdain towards religion for no reason.

I say “no reason” not because you actually have no reason, but because you still haven’t shared with us the actual reason. Anyone who claims to hate something primarily because of all the bad stuff it helped cause are lying. No, you need personal investment.

Care to share your personal, isolated, independent reason?
Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
Okay good. Keep it about God and not slavery because frankly you better take that up in the other thread. Attack him, because fyi, if you were talking about the islamic god, then no amount of criticism or rejection or righteous rebellion or any attack towards him would amount to anything, anyway. Literally overpowered, God is.
In fact, your indifferent or hostile feelings towards him is also probably his doing, and he’s both fully aware and is fully in control of it.

You want to talk about a can of worms, THERE’S your can of worms! Do we have free will, or are we just figments of God’s imagination?
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Random-Rambling  
Slavery ties into socio economy, moral ontology, politics, racism and all kinds of grief. We are NOT going there.

But I’m okay with free will vs non-free will because it’s purely theology and lore (we in the religion thread) and just like Scrabblebro said, 100% in the realms of speculation.

I personally sub to a form of occasionalism, in that ultimately everything is Allah’s decision.  
I.e, even IF we have free will, Allah can as easily take it away, or nullify our agency.

As such, muslims in general are never sure of their own personal salvation. No deeds, or body of work or belief on its own is a guarantee for success or salvation. Everything is up to Allah’s will, and we literally, can’t do nothing about it.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I dont sub in pure materialist determinism in a sense that we’re just a bunch of billiard balls, that if we had intimate knowledge of everything, then we can literally see the future and the past.

What I sub to, is Allah as an active editor and life support, who is actively maintaining existence of universe and arranging / rearranging everything. MAYBE there are things he let run on its own, but he is always capable of altering whatever and thus, negating whatever effect his creation is supposed to cause.

You ever seen JoJo Part V? Diavolo has the ability to 100% accurately gives a vision of the future. Never fails. What Diavolo sees is Truth in a deterministic kind of way. He sees where the billiard ball goes ten seconds into the future.

Giorno by the end of the series went full God Mode and flat out negates whatever Diavolo sees. God Mode doesnt let Diavolo reach that Truth. Giorno stops the ball and rolls it back to its origin point ten seconds in the past, effectively stripping the universe of its agency for that particular thing.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Hali the Emoji girl Well…yes, in some non-islamic lore / headcanon, but I talking from my tradition and draw from its scripture. And in Islam, Allah is overpowered af. He doesn’t need our worship.

Neither gains nor lose anything from our whorship. Even if Allah has zero followers he would still be able to mess your existence up with no issue.

@Hali the Emoji girl  
Yes. And I am not conflicted at all about it. I’ve written on this thread how Allah is not “good” in the way ppl like to think a benevolent god should be.

I do not have anxiety over “The Problem of Evil” or “If God good and omnipotent why he let bone cancer in children?”

Islamic lore is clear about this: Allah does what he wills. Confidently the Quran says.

“And had Allah willed, they would not have fought one against the other; but Allah does whatever He desires.” 2:253

If your Lord had willed, He could have made mankind one people.” 11:118

But He didn’t.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

So every heinous atrocity, humans have committed through history and now is because allah decides to let it happen?
In fact, the Quran address your answer directly.

full

I dont speak arabic but I memorized the meaning of it. Basically it tells Muhammad to convey the conversation the Angels had with Allah that went, and I paraphrase:

Allah: I’m letting humans be in charge of earth.

Angels: What? You wanna put humans in there, who will just corrupt everything and shed blood, when we Angels always do the best things?!

Allah: Seriously, I know what you don’t.

Reminder: this is Islamic Lore, I’m only talking about the islamic Allah and not other God and gods of other traditions, btw.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide