Religion general

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Scrabbleman  
Lol no. Ppl wouldnt mistake chinese from arabic .

Just pointing out the fact that, aside from the sign, everything practically looks chinese in this mosque.

Mongolian script, on the other hand…

full

If you feel like it’s oriented the wrong way, I promise you it’s not.
Flutter_Lover
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

#WaifuLivesMatter
God is nothing but an excuse of what can’t be answered or what can or cannot be done.

And it’s quite ironic that Christian bigots have the nerve to shame same sex marriages but they don’t have a problem with overpopulation. It’s easy to hate something you don’t understand but it’s another where you can’t find a reason why you do.
Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@Flutter_Lover

There is literally no reason to be homophobic. Hardline Christians’ entire rhetoric on it is based off of one line in the Old Testament, which was rendered obsolete when Jesus redeemed humanity’s sins by offering Himself up instead.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Random-Rambling  
Gay people are icky tho🤣  
I seem to recall divorce was frowned upon wasn’t it?  
I can understand wanting to follow a belief despite it’s irrelevant or obsolete rules,but I find it hypocritical to pick and choose what rules take precedent.  
It’s like that line from Dogma,“I remember when eating meat on a Friday was a hell-worthy offense.”
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Flutter_Lover  
cannot finding a reason why, and not understanding is part of the same thing. to elaborate: not understanding is the lack of knowledge of the 5W1H (whowhatwherewhywhen how) so not knowing WHY is a subset of not understanding.

also part of the reason for God of the Gap is probably a mechanism to prevent overwhelming the mind with unanswered questions: ie, if the mind works with a thousand unsolved problems running in your short term, you’re gonna feel stumped and slowed. Don’t bog your RAM with things you’re not gonna solve.

Leave them in the storage. Since human brains are stupid and simply can’t just let go, apparently the one way to “store” a question for later, is to temporarily solve them with a “placeholder” solution. “I don’t know” is a placeholder solution but that’s very humbling. Sometimes your curiosity or your ego simply does not accept idk as the answer, so you come up with something.

GOD and Magic is a really handy OmniTool; perhaps one of the best invention for mankind to store these unanswered questions in the storage or delete them entirely, freeing your RAM up for things that you need right now, like food, shelter, mating, etc.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I understand you lads don’t like religion. So in order for you to NOT make the same mistake religious people do, then perhaps you should start learning religion. That way your criticism of it, is not based on second-hand information. ANY religion is fine. Appreciate the art, the thought process, its objective, etc. Pair that with learning a new language.

note that I rarely ever talk about someone else’s religion in this thread because I know jack sheit about them. if I was to say something is probably a question and not criticism nor god forbid, an attack. I kinda take “don’t bear false witness” semi-seriously. more seriously than most of the lads in my FB Group or WA Group, that’s for sure.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Omar, a Caliph, once upon a time declared that if a man dumped his wife by doing a Triple Talaq (saying “I divorce you” three times in a single sitting) then:

she must leave him and he can’t get back to her until she hooks up with another man. If the new man broke up with her, then he can get her back.

What’s going on, what’s this weird stuff?

Let’s talk about Talaq. Talaq is when a man tells his wife “I divorce you.” In practice, it means “Let’s talk, about us” It means the couple needs counseling, it means something needs work.

Do that three times and it usually means the couple have tried everything and it just don’t work. Both agree that yeah, they should break up.

A Triple Talaq is when the guy breaks up with the girl on the spot. No ifs and or buts, no second chance nothing.

Some men in prophet’s time would break up with their wives from the slightest discontentment, leaving a number of divorcees. Being divorved from Triple Talaq is like being fired from a job. Ppl gonna ask questions, and it made divorcees harder to remarry.

The prophet thought this was bullshit, so he declared that Triple Talaq counts as one Talaq, unless both party agreed to break up right then and there.

Omar thought this wasn’t enough. He made it so that any man who pulled a Triple Talaq gets cucked whenever he does that.

He figured that “if he’s too good for her, if he redpilled and if he think she’s a thot, then he aint gonna crawl back to her anyway, right?”

Many men tried crawling back to their girls but all of them, without exception, had to wait until their girls marry other guys. Many girls found their new guys better, and never returned.

Omar wasnt playing.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
When I left my house to go to the supermarket today, a fox stood at my front door and looked at me very calmly. Probably attracted by the cat food which I put outside for the neighbour cat. It was only when I had to move that the fox trotted away into the rainy night. It was a really touching moment.

If my joy or the religious content of my statement is not clear, here is a little explanation. The fox is considered holy to Thor (Donar), the god of thunder, who is also my namesake. And I have always felt closer to the old norse gods than to any other religion. Even though I neither worship nor openly practice our old faith. But respect and the love is still in my German blood. It’s no coincidence that my Avatar is a Panzerfuchs (tank fox). ;-)
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@DarkObsidian  
Sounds brilliant! What’s the lore about the fox and the norse god? I’m always down for some proper stories. I consider myself a beginner artista and I love being inspired by stories.

Must feel nice to feel close to some gods or mythical figures. I never felt that closeness.

Despite me being a practicing muslim and generally curious about islam all the time, I keep myself at a distance.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@tehwatever

Well, the lore is for example this. But I’ll make it easy for myself now, because you probably won’t understand German. Not that I blame you in any way. ;-)

That’s why I’m now looking for a reasonable English translation and I’m also adding more German information. I hope my personal word is enough that I don’t want to add anything to myself or be biased in any way. The only thing I want here is an exchange of information between the different religions.

And of course I respect Islam as much as any other religion. When I have my personal beef with Christianity, especially the Evangelical one. But that does not mean that I reject Protestants. I simply do not share their (especially radical) beliefs.

The Pentecost fox (pengsvoos, pinkestfoss, pinkstervoß) is one of the earliest references to Donar. In the past, it was customary to leave home with a leashed fox at Whitsun to collect donations. The fox was a constant companion of Donar in summertime. In Holstein the boy who carries the fox around is called Hans Voss (WoW players know what is meant).

The fox symbolized the rain, which was existentially important before a harvest. The fox may be a dog-like, native predator, but it was always equated with fertility and harvesting. Especially fans of the anime Ōkami to Kōshinryō should know what this still means in our present time.

In today’s fairy tales, myths and fables, the fox is portrayed on the one hand as a clever, cunning, agile, very alert animal that often exploits the weaknesses of others to compensate for its own limited physical strength, but on the other hand as devious, deceitful, deceitful and showy. The archetypal pattern underlying its behaviour corresponds to that of the trickster. However, this is only the responsibility of the Christian-influenced medieval representation.

The truth is: Among the Germanic tribes, red-haired animals were usually attributed to the god Thor or Donar and were therefore holy. Here the fox was not so much considered a sneaky creature, but helped lost hikers and travellers back on the right path to reach their destination safely. For the Celts the fox embodied wildness and cleverness. He was also highly appreciated as a diplomat by druids in difficult situations.

Folly and wisdom are close together in the fox, as they are in the trickster and fools. While the fox was regarded by farmers as an intruder, robber and greedy eater, who was legendarily after the feathered animal (goose, chicken), other people valued its instinctive certainty and wisdom, it was considered a symbol of longevity and cunning. Also as a messenger or as the spirit of dead souls.

In ancient Greece, the fox was assigned to the god Dionysus, the god of intoxication and ecstasy (here he was called “Bassareus”, who dressed in fox fur. Because of its reddish colour it was considered a fire demon. Among the Germanic tribes, the fox was the symbolic animal of the tricky god Loki, in the Celtic tradition a soul companion, who, like the Greek fox, who opens doors and gates (both spiritual and physical).

In our German culture, the fox played an important role as a fertility demon, to which strong sexual instincts were ascribed as a companion animal of witches. But foxes were also thought to be the souls of witches who go out and cause damage while the witch’s body lies half-dead in bed. In the Middle Ages, the fox was often considered the embodiment of the devil because of its red fur. In Christian times, like many animals of the old gods, he was demonised, and in biblical language he was associated with deceit, malice, excess and greed.

To put it in a few words: the fox was only seen as something bad in the Christian Middle Ages. Before that he was a symbol of fertility and your weather demon. Why a demon? Because the weather had something demonic, even for the early Europeans. It was a response to the arbitrariness of the weather. Only Christian missionaries interpreted this as a will against God. And in doing so, they took advantage of the historically traceable changes in climate. At this point one must say from a purely scientific perspective: Christianity owes its rise to climate change alone.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@DarkObsidian  
Amazing post. Fox seem to be capturing ppl’s imagination all around the world it seems.

So, animals with red fur is attributed to Donar, you say? Was he red-haired? Does he prefer red? Something fiery perhaps?

Islam has no official opinion on the fox apparently. Interesting. Muslims ofc have interacted with it but I don’t think the canon ever saw it as nothing more than an animal.

Havent found no hadith nor quranic verses on the fox particularly. HUH. Pretty much all other culture has something to say about it, but apparently islam doesn’t see the fox as anything other than a fox…

I’m pretty sure there is some arabian nights / ottoman / indian tales about the fox but I count them as cultural rather than canon.

This got me curious.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@tehwatever  
An interesting thing with the Fox,is I can’t find too many native American stories with a fox in a major role,there’s one with a fox who brings fire to Earth. Some stories I found were more about the coyote,who’s usually a trickster,I guess you could swap out coyote for fox.  
I also found some fox stories where the fox is a greedy scrounger.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Derpy Whooves

Sorry, that’s not what I meant. Obviously, I was the victim of some kind of “hacker attack” last night, because my actual computer hasn’t been running since then. The repair service has not yet found an explanation for this and took my PC for further investigation. I still have my father’s old computer, but it’s far from being modern.

Well, wink of fate. I still have to take care of some very important things anyway. Maybe it’s not so wrong. At least then I can’t be distracted. But I’m looking forward to what the repair service has to tell me next week. It’s kind of odd… :-/
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide