Religion general

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Catholic priest caught having a threesome with 2 consenting adult females in a church.

“Burn the alter! Demonic! Evil!”

Catholic priest caught fucking a crying, screaming, traumatized child in said churches?

“He’s misunderstood, move him to a new church and don’t tell anyone.”
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Fun fact about myself: I’m always MEGA SUS of any channel or website with nice, neutral sounding names when it comes to Islam.

Recently saw a channel called “Islamic Clarity” and the banner has an admittedly appealing, simple, non-offensive, non-intrusive design and color palette, and caption that says “Making Islam’s teaching clear to the world.” Alright! Sounds like friendly crewmate.

But the title of the videos got me fucked up. They’re super clickbaity and is sounds like the work an ex-muslim with a grudge. So yeah, the channel SUS af.

True enough, the comments in that vid got me even more fucked up. This ain’t a muslim channel. The videos of the channel are two minute snippets, (which is just about the right length for the average Sargon viewers) taken from long lecture and debate, and they’re always highlighting apologetic moments within the lecture, which the comments then ridicule and criticize. Also not a single muslim in the comment.

This channel is an imp. Clear as day. Saw him vent out of electrical and killed green.

In the channel’s defense, they do link their sources (the full lecture and debates from which these clips come from) so I sometimes get new things to watch from the link.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Hali the Emoji girl  
I commented that I don’t think a wrathful God is one worth following. I think this channel will block me and I couldn’t care less. Their biggest argument is abortion,which,yeah the Access is to abortions is abused, but I don’t think that’s the fault of Ginsburg.  
And the narrator threw shade at gay marriage,calling it “gay quote marriage”,so I’m done taking anything they say seriously.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
@Hali the Emoji girl  
I read the comment section before the video even started and knew what it was.

Initially, I thought it was to say that she was Jewish and you shouldn’t pray to Jewish people because their religion doesn’t do that. But the comments said otherwise.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Hali the Emoji girl  
It’s really hard for me to get into that mindset,that God strictly cares about one specific group of people,and disregards literally everyone else.  
So many “Christians” really don’t take to heart Christ’s true messages,instead content to criticize anyone and everyone who doesn’t fit their perfect ideal of a person.  
They throw out the cliche Bible verses,while conveniently ignoring things like “Judge not…” or,“Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.”,“Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.”.  
So many of the comments on that video criticized Ginsburg’s views on abortion. I’m wondering how many of those Commenters donate to child care charitys,or support the teaching of birth control,or any of the safety nets that exist to help people.  
The people that already exist.  
I know it doesn’t make what I say any more legitimate,but my own mother considered aborting me soon after I was conceived. Obviously I wasn’t,but even if I was that was her choice to make.  
Maybe everyone should chill out,and try loving each other.  
———————————  
“And then, one Thursday, nearly two thousand years after one man had been nailed to a tree for saying how great it would be to be nice to people for a change, one girl sitting on her own in a small cafe in Rickmansworth suddenly realized what it was that had been going wrong all this time, and she finally knew how the world could be made a good and happy place. This time it was right, it would work, and no one would have to get nailed to anything. “
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Dex Stewart  
Hm. If I understood it correctly, the character getting nailed (oof) wasn’t nailed because he was preaching good stuff but because he was preaching heretical stuff like him being god and saying things going against established canon. He wasn’t nailed for saying “oy, be nice, yeah?”  
meanwhile the Romans were just doing their job, considering they’re law enforcers. The jewish elders outed Jesus for being heretic and a rabble rouser. In the eyes of jewish leadership, Jesus was preaching something potentially dangerous for everyone.  
Had Jesus never gone against the local jewish leadership and had kept preaching the same Golden Rule, he wouldn’t have been crossed. IMO
Scrabbleman
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
@tehwatever  
I don’t think Jesus ever claimed to be God nor did he call himself a prophet or son of God. He was a preacher but what he preached was against what was norm back then, so they ousted him as a heretic and sent him to the Romans.

One thing I remember from the Bible was that it described Jesus as “average looking” and “nothing special to look at”. This can be interpreted as his appearance but I like to think it was also his personality. He was, in all essence, just an average person who said some things that challenged the then societal values.

I don’t know much about Jesus though so my knowledge is second-hand at best.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

was against what was norm
It was, but I highly doubt the Golden Rule and feeding the poor and generally being a nice person was against the norm.

So yes while he was voted out by the jewish elders for being a heretic, he was also ousted for being making a scene. One time he saw ppl selling doves and exchanging money IN THE TEMPLE so he went livid, literally flipped a table and tossed the money, yelling “Do not turn God’s house into a marketplace!”
not claiming to be god or son of god or prophet
nah man he defo did something of the like because just being a rogue preacher isn’t enough to turn the cops on a respected jewish preacher. he had to be absolutely, fundamentally heretical.

Literally he musta done “The Jewish elders hate him. Find out how he reached Kingdom of God without spending any shekel.” He’s like that guy selling alternative medicine to the jewish elder’s Big Pharma. Or the guy who says “HEY! wanna quit your job and make close to six figures from anywhere in the world with just a laptop and finally live the life you want? Sign up to my free webinar and get exclusive, never before shared secrets that makes billionaires who they are!”
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Scrabbleman  
The argument that the romans crossed just about anybody, which makes Jesus to be a “petty, average, run of the mill criminal” could be valid BUT…but that still made Jesus a petty criminal.

But what crime did he do? theft? killing someone’s livestock? sleeping with someone’s wife? If ALL HE DID was preach nice things like the Golden Rule, and if he looked average and unassuming, then he was nobody special, not even a criminal.

So why crucify a rogue preacher? what was so against the norm that made the jewish elders call the roman cops on him? “Do Unto Others?” REALLY? No. No I don’t think so. I don’t think that’s what got him. He musta offended the elders hard.

He was also given a crown of thorn, which was mocking…something. Maybe because he was claiming to be some kinda King? The thorn crown is consistent in most sources, so there’s that.
Scrabbleman
Artist -

[screams in German]
@tehwatever  
I mean, if we’re asking what he did to offend the big shots to the point of murder, my best bet would be money-related? When gold and silver are involved, people go ballistic. It’s more like he goes around saying that “Hey, we can worship God without money” and so, less people paid their taxes and Big Brother, being made about lost revenue, threw a 10-foot cross at him.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Scrabbleman  
And that’s my point.

He probably offended the political hierarchy and was affecting the elders’ and perhaps other parties’ bottom line. He wasnt doing something outside the norm in terms of teaching how to be good with others, filial piety, worshipping god and respecting the laws.

The mere fact that the people LIKED his preaching means that he was IN the norm, not outside of it. Or at least, ppl wanted it to be the norm.

Point is I dislike it when ppl say “Jesus died for teaching ppl they should be nice for a change” because I highly doubt it to had been the case.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Impostor Alert!  
full  
That is NOT Chinese written on the sign!

Do you know the story Journey to the West? where a priest goes on a quest to India to find accurate copy of the sacred texts of Buddhism?

This is probably an alternate universe story where he got lost, went further west into Arabia and found the Quran instead.
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Gallusposting since 2019
Is it a bad thing that every time I see a swastika (usually if it’s in a non-Nazi setting), I usually think of Hindu or pagan gods?

|| full ||  
|| full ||  
|| full ||

@tehwatever

This could be interesting, somewhat like the hikayats (legends) of Malaysia that combine native mysticism with bits of Islam. AFAIK, this building could be a Hui mosque, as many Huis tend to be influenced by Chinese culture, to the extent that they tried to see the similarities between Islam and Confucianism.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide