Religion general

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Scrabbleman  
Considering his ridiculous power and scale of control, Allah could just be cosmic horror. Here’s an example:

In the occasionalism school of thought, developed early by Ash’ari school (hard determinists, these lot.) they propose an question: “Since Allah is both omnipotent and is the cause of literally everything, and we the creation have no agency over anything, how does Allah create? How are we experiencing continuity of cause and effect?

To which they answer: “We DON’T. Continuity is an illusion. Allah creates each and every instant anew. Every moment is discreet and has, in essence, nothing to do with the next.”

What they’re proposing is that our world is a video, running at infinitely many frames per second, with Allah having access to the full content creation tool. They thought of this, all the way back in the end of 9th century.

THAT, is how f*cked we are. So don’t even try to fight him. you CAN’T. Your thoughts of fighting Allah, of rebelling against Allah, of hate towards Allah, Not only that He knows, He makes you that way. NOTHING that you think you own, is yours.

Ash’ari occasionalists really made Allah to be one of the most horrifying, dreadful, awesome thing in the pantheon. Not that Islam even has a pantheon…
Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@Commune
Yes and no, islamically speaking.
In islamic lore, Allah made creation so they could worship Allah. I.e. it’s not against aqeedah to say Allah wants to be worshipped.
Allah does NOT NEED to be worshipped, however. Allah dont gain anything from your worship, outside of validation.
The narrative that God spent six days and on the seventh he RESTED is islamically dodgy. Whatever energy he spent creating a race of ppl doesn’t take away much from his limitless pool of energy.
Allah neither rests nor sleeps. Allah is never tired, is always vigilant and aware of everything all the time, of possible past present future.
He’s a cosmic horror.

I’ve noticed a LOT of religious customs and beliefs are simply good life advice, but to make people actually listen to and follow the advice, it’s claimed that God said/did these things.

You’re right, God doesn’t need to rest. You could say that He is energy itself. But Sunday was a good a day as any to rest, to justify taking a day off of work to go to church and catch up with friends and the townsfolk, which are both excellent things to improve your physical and mental health. Another things is how pork and shellfish spoiled VERY easily in the hot climate of the Middle East, and more often than not were filled with parasites, so they banned these foods.
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Random-Rambling

That is a practical view of it. In Islam however, that role falls on Muhammad. We do things because he is reportedly to have done so, or verbally expressed wanting to do something but havent had the chance to do it.

Allah on the other hand, is not something that muslims follow. Not even a little bit. The question “what would Allah do” is near impossible to answer other than what is explicitly said in the Quran.

Allah is not even a force of GOOD, unlike the Xtian God. For muslims, the Problem of Evil isn’t a problem.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Scrabbleman  
It’s more along the lines of

“What did Allah do?”  
“Got out of the way so the universe could exist.”

Tzimtzum, baby. End of one universe, start of ours. Thank god for that.
Barry Tone
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
@tehwatever

“Allah is not even a force of GOOD, unlike the Xtian God.”

The God of Christians doesn’t just seem to be “good,” either; that might be nothing but a widespread misunderstanding. How am I to explain Isaiah 45:7, otherwise? I may be missing context, though. I’ll not consider myself a giant scholar of the Bible.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Ciaran  
Except Allah didnt. That would be the “good ending.”

Muslim occasionalist and determinist, which helped develop a popular islamic cosmology, doesn’t like the “Absentee God,” or “He started the universe and left us on our own” kinda deal.

Allah, according to them, is a constantly editing, constantly sustaining, constantly planning, excecuting, destroying and recreating, micromanaging to the quantum level, kind of Deity. The kind of nightmares cosmic horror storytellers write about.

I personally believe in the “active sustainer, constant watcher and occasional meddler” kind of cosmology.
Barry Tone
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
@tehwatever

TBH, I’m really not sure what to make of the whole, through one book to the next. I don’t think all English translations are entirely accurate to Hebrew.

The Book of Exodus has YHWH (“The LORD”) sending plagues down on Egypt, “that Pharaoh will know that I am YHWH (“the LORD.”) Before the plagues, YHWH speaks to Moses; “Behold, I will harden Pharaoh’s heart, that he will not let my people go.” The question I’m wondering is, is YHWH saying (in more modern words) “My news will make Pharaoh dig his claws into the floor, in refusal to let my people go” or is he controlling Pharaoh’s heart?

Later in the OT, in the Book of Job* God’s commanding Satan. However, “Satan” means “Adversary” or “Accuser” here. Satan claims that Iob’s faithful, only because of the “Hedge” (Good) around him. Thus, God lets Satan tempt Iob, to see if Iob’s really a faithful man to God who will not curse God. In this, great evil does come unto Iob from God’s order; Iob loses all of his livestock and his 10 children, and he’s covered in sore boils. Iob 2:9 to 2:10: “Then Iob’s wife said to him, ‘Do you still retain your integrity? Curse God and die!’ 10 ‘You speak as a foolish woman speaks,’ he told her. ‘Should we accept from God only good and not adversity?’ In all this, Iob did not sin in what he said.”

• Or rather, “Iob,” per the 1535 Bible. The English letter “J” didn’t exist 1,000 years ago, and it was a substitute for I and Y letters when it first came about.

Even considering Exodus and Iob, the idea from the Bible to People is still to be good and refrain from evil; to function, and not dysfunction; to hit the target, and not miss; to live, and not sin. I’m saying the same thing from multiple angles here.** However, since that’s the case, what’s with YHWH letting Job’s children die at Satan’s hand? I know that in Ezekiel, God resurrects people from the dead, so it’s not quite the same as a man murdering another man. Furthermore, as Job said in this excerpt of Job Chapter 1:5: “…For Job thought, ‘Perhaps my children have sinned and cursed God in their hearts…’” so perhaps his children were sinning and cursing against God. Either way, though, God could resurrect them.

** A hebraicly, historically accurate way of describing things.
UserAccount
Duck - User has been known to often resemble a waterfowl
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
I still think Jesus is returning soon. My interpretation is that he’ll come in whatever form the individual who sees him expects, so hopefully for me, it’s Pinkie Pie or Rarity or Twilight or something. It might be a generic looking version of man human Jesus, though. But different religions will see it different ways.
Barry Tone
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
@UserAccount

I have to wonder if most people will recognize him. If they’re looking for Visual Image of Jesus the Christ, that’s not going to be hard for someone to fool them with. I’m not sure that all famous paintings of him are actually of his likeness; they may be of some Roman. Besides, Jesus said that if you hear people saying “He is here” or “he is there” you should not go there. There will be fakers, whether said fakers believe they are Christ or not.

Also, Jesus the Christ’s name wasn’t “Jesus” in Hebrew. The J wasn’t a letter until the 1300s or 1400s; even then, it was a substitute for I or Y. Before that, Jesus’ common printed name was Iesous. Even so, that’s a Greek translation of Hebrew. Really, his name was “Yashua” (in English equivalent) which is the Masculine way of saying “Rescuer” in Hebrew.* “His name is Yashua, because he will Yasha (save) people from their sins.” Ancient Hebrew’s like that; they always had purpose in a name, not like now where it’s “just decoration.”

• If it was feminine, it would be “Yashuah.”

Another related subject, on my religious dreams and MLP:

First dream:

No joke, I literally had a dream that Celestia and other Pones were living in a sky village in the clouds. Celestia then fell off the cloud, into another cloud, then I knew she gave birth to Jesus Christ. She then flew back up to the cloud, and it was said that Jesus Christ was in another world, and couldn’t return. I think it could be a retrospective dream to me, which said that MLP is what caused me to go to church by myself for the first time.

Second Dream:

I was fishing in a Minecraft-like place, then I used a Zelda: OoT Hookshot and I went into a room above me. I may have been Twilight Sparkle at this point. I then went into a room that was (or resembled) a throne room, and I saw one path (corridors) to each side, that is, the left and the right. At this point, a few things happened. I’m not sure if the sequence these two accounts happened in matters; they may be two things telling the same story from different perspectives:

1: In the throne room, a battle ensued from both the left and the right. The dream reset, and I was back in the left corridor, and I went back into the throne room. Section 2 plays out:

2: The castle-type portcullis doors closed on each side; Luna’s to my left with a path behind her that led down, Celestia to my right with stairs behind her that led upward. Luna said to me something to the gist of “Follow me, and I’ll give you money / fame / etc.” I said “No.” I turned to Celestia, she said “Find a way to escape the universe.” I liked that, I said “Yes,” and I felt a light feeling when I did say it.

I don’t think “Escaping the Universe” is about location. More of a gigantic shift in who I am, or is it a change in who I think I am, or is it both?
UserAccount

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
@BarryFromMars  
Very interesting dreams.

@Flutter_Lover  
I think he will, but in my opinion, he’ll take on different forms, so maybe he’ll be Fluttershy for you. I just use the Jesus way of talking about it because I grew up Christian, but many religions around the world talk about some kind of return to everything being the way God wants it to be in the end of days. For Christians, this will be Jesus, for some Bronies, it will be Celestia, for some people, it will be aliens from the future with advanced technology, but regadless, it has to happen to prevent humanity from destroying itself.

@Scrabbleman  
You won’t be if The Bible is correct when it says that everyone will be resurrected when he returns.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@BarryFromMars  
His name in the Quran also doesn’t have a ‘J’ on it either. It was ’Isa. the apostrophe is for implosive sound. Artists’ rendition of him are probably all of them inaccurate anyway, as photography wasn’t even invented then, nor was there any actual statues of Jesus or anything that visually captures his likeness when he was alive.

I think you do have physical descriptions from eyewitness accounts, tho.
UserAccount

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
@tehwatever  
There’s no physical description of him outside of visions where he appears surrounded by light and shit. The Bible actually never says if he had a beard and most historians now think that Jesus would’ve been living amongst people who considered it acceptable to shave. The older forms of Judaism forbid men from shaving their beards, but the scriptures also said things like “an eye for an eye”, which Jesus spoke out against. So there’s no reason to believe he wouldn’t have shaved. He still may have had a beard, there’s just no way of knowing basically anything specific about him at all, other than his physical features must’ve been un-noteworthy.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@UserAccount  
Well that’s ironic. We have plenty of Jesus art while he himself had little to no physical description. If that is what you’re saying.

Meanwhile we actually do have a fairly detailed physical descriptions of muhammad, even details like “his hair was neither wavy nor curly, sometimes he parts it in the middle and keeps his hair below earlobes and above shoulder.” He sometimes would braid his hair for travels for practical purposes.

Some noted his fitness. He had broad pecs, his stomach are always flat and had strong arms. For fashion he would wear a turban and whatever robes the people would wear at the time, nothing special.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
@tehwatever  
To be fair, Muhammad had to be fit, considering the amount of activity he participated in. Being a leader of a nation during such a unstable time meant he was also a soldier somewhat, even if he never officially joined any army. Plus, he used to herd sheep and farming is always a laborious task.

He was a man of his time. Kinda like how Da Vinci was super smart but limited by his technology.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Scrabbleman  
No yea I’m just pointing out that we could actually imagine what he’d look like considering the details of his looks is written down. Ironically Jesus’s physical description is scarce in comparison. All the thousands of arts that we see of him have been, essentially, are based on little canon materials.

Also apparently, while Jesus was “just another bloke,” Muhammad was something of a stud.

of Jesus:  
He has no form or comeliness; when we shall see him there is no beauty that we desire him. Isaiah 53:2

of Muhammad in Hadith:  
“…was a man of a medium build, broad shoulders, he had dense hair which reached his ear-lobes…I never saw anyone more handsome than he is” Baara ibn Aazib

“I did not see anyone more handsome than the Rasulullah. When he walked he would go at such a pace we had to jog to keep up.” Abu Huraira.
𝕭𝖆𝖉𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Heaven is too good for me.

I’m here to learn one thing, everything I love will be taken away.

Spent my entire existence with a dark cloud over my head and nothing makes me happy.

Something spiritual happened but there’s a code of silence.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Flutter_Lover

Lucky for me that means I free up a lot of my RAM for getting work done, than sorting out how Mars get formed and when. What is entropy and when is the heat death of the universe is coming?  
Why havent we seen sentient aliens? When is the next extinction event? What do we by the time our Sun expires?

I mean, I do honestly hate answering questions. Maybe that’s why I like the idea of a singular, reality bending overpowered cosmic horror GOD so much.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@tehwatever  
Not sure if you meant to be cynical or sarcastic, but the “god of the salt shaker” has always been a thing, and many people still “sprinkle a little god” on any situation they can’t understand or cope with.

That said,

@Flutter_Lover  
If that’s what religion looks like where you live, maybe you’re looking at the wrong religions. Maybe try a better religion.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide