Religion general

HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Gallusposting since 2019
@Background Pony #2AD8

I noticed that religious extremists tend to be from marginalised people, such as:

poorer people in the Middle East and France lured into ISIS to wage violence against America,  
support in the Afghan countryside for al-Qaeda especially in revenge against American aggression,  
to the rivalry between Islamism in Pakistan and Bangladesh (against Hindus) to Hindutva in India (against Muslims and Christians),  
to fundies in the Bible Belt who resort to QAnon and strict laws in reaction to changes in US society.
Barry Tone
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
@ᏰᎯᎠᎻᎬᎯᏒᎿ

(This is to your earlier reply.)

If I’m understanding it right, Ancient Hebrew saw the “spirit” (not the original word or way to express it) as the “breath” of a man; that which lives has breath. Breath has moisture.

@ᏰᎯᎠᎻᎬᎯᏒᎿ

I don’t know how I will, either, but I might at least walk in a direction that matters well; not in a false wellness.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
If me and my girl end up together our kids will be very religiously diverse.

A Chinese Buddhist and a Celtic Pagan. At least they’ll know how to meditate.
HorsesandMuchMOAR
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

Gallusposting since 2019
@Flutter_Lover

If there is something I learned from Asatru and Hinduism, it is that the Gods would rather see work being done instead og a thousand wasteful rituals.

As someone who has wasted too much time on various things, this can motivate me to do better. Jai Shiva!
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@HorsesandMuchMOAR  
That’s great! Get some work done!

Btw in islamic perspective, none of its ritual is wasteful.  
Also considering islam is very much action oriented, even going so far as poking its nose on welfare and economy, I never find it lacking in terms of dragging me out of the bed and kick my ass to do some morning roadwork.

Good luck, MuchMoar. May your gods guide you towards contentment.
𝕭𝖆𝖉𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

What if you die in outer space and become a ghost? Would the ghost be toast? And what about the ghosts on earth?

Pops says grandma’s old house is haunted.

I might hang around to haunt Texas.

All these years of death, there’s no telling who’s with you.
HorsesandMuchMOAR

Gallusposting since 2019
There are two issues haunting my mind:

1. Several months ago, I got attacked by two Twitter trolls because I objected to their homophobia. These trolls were stubborn right-wing Catholics from Belgium and the UK. Their nasty attitude once made me hate Christianity and Christians in general, associating them and their whole religion with these right-wing Twitter trolls and their hatred of gays.

What should I do with horrible people like them?

2. What is your advice towards Christians who are bullied by atheists and neo-pagans? Some (just “some” non-Christians) tend to pick on Christians for “worshipping a sky-daddy”, or the awful history and public figures of their religion (like the Inquisition, homophobic pastors, European imperialism and the Crusades) & . Some atheists think that “people who believe in God are stupid”, and I would like to know how should people deal with those nasty kinds of atheists.

I usually call atheists (some atheists) who hate religious people “anti-theists”: many of them seem to want revenge against religious people for various persecutions. I consider them the atheist equivalent of the Christian, Muslim, or Hindu fundie – even as I worship Shiva, I also don’t want to follow extremist Hindus who go around attacking Christians or Muslims for “revenge”.

& I want to see what will these trolls and bullies do if Christianity became a minority in their Western homelands – will these punks start persecuting Christians for revenge, or do nothing because they are just nothing but edgy trolls?

@ᏰᎯᎠᎻᎬᎯᏒᎿ

I am not an expert in this, but I think your ghost might still haunt even in space. After all, outer space is still part of the physical world, so since ghosts tend to hunt down something they are obsessed with, they will either traverse vast distances to hunt their offender or return to the part of Earth where they are very attached; since ghosts may not be limited by the lack of air or food unlike humans. Or, they might haunt the spaceship, station, or base where they died.

That is just my guess on what would a ghost do if their person died in space.
HorsesandMuchMOAR

Gallusposting since 2019
@Flutter_Lover

Explain? Should I start yelling at religious people “YOU ARE STUPID!” and bombard them with insults, to please you? I thought atheists and pagans in America do this for revenge against Christians who hurt them, and as a hobby.

I don’t like religious people and atheists who enjoy fighting each other – I see their habit of insulting each other as pointless, and yet Westerners (Christians, atheists, and neopagans) think it’s a hobby. Especially on the damned Internet comments sections.

I also would like to hear your response to this person’s comment: she claimed that she was teased by Wiccans for worshipping a sky-daddy. And what should I do with the two homophobic Christians that I mentioned earlier?

I just wanted advice, not a “yes” meme.
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@HorsesandMuchMOAR  
In general, lads who just shit on religion “just because,” is either bored, ironic, trolling, or all three. i.e. its best not to take em srsly. Disregard those kinda lads unless they wanna engage in good faith.

Users who actually have beef on a religion would post on a more srs platform and not just rant on socmed or yell profanities at practicioners / believers.

As for advice, I try my best to practice this:

“Not equal are the good deeds from bad ones. Respond with what is best, and they, with whom you had enmity in between, would become as if you were best friends.” Surah Al-Fusilat, 34.

Basically, What Twilight did with Starlight and Sunset.

No guarantee it’ll work tho.
HorsesandMuchMOAR

Gallusposting since 2019
What are your thoughts on Rodnovery ? It is the revival of the native religion of the Russians.

I’ve started to like it because it looks beautiful, even though I know that it has a huge racism problem.
HorsesandMuchMOAR

Gallusposting since 2019
@Flutter_Lover

I can explain, based on what I know about ancient people and history:

1. Fear of a more powerful being after looking at natural disasters and plagues  
  2. Asking said powerful being to turn things into their favour, instead of accepting losses, random disasters, and deaths all the time and moving on.  
  3. To unify a tribe , because back then, people were more gullible towards any appealing cults. Successful tribal leaders and kings would use forceful methods to keep other cults in line with the official god(s).

An ancient tribe or society that is mostly atheist would be interesting, if not even more mentally-stronger than its religious neighbours by accepting every disaster around them, no matter how much they could fight against them. But its neighbours might find it odd and sad, because it does less rites to commemorate the dead, reducing the deceased from a spirit to just a name in a grave or the records. On the other end, said ancient atheists have a point: if people move on to a gloomy afterlife after they die, wouldn’t it be no different than total oblivion?
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Commune  
Yes and no, islamically speaking.

In islamic lore, Allah made creation so they could worship Allah. I.e. it’s not against aqeedah to say Allah wants to be worshipped.

Allah does NOT NEED to be worshipped, however. Allah dont gain anything from your worship, outside of validation.

The narrative that God spent six days and on the seventh he RESTED is islamically dodgy. Whatever energy he spent creating a race of ppl doesn’t take away much from his limitless pool of energy.

Allah neither rests nor sleeps. Allah is never tired, is always vigilant and aware of everything all the time, of possible past present future.

He’s a cosmic horror.
HorsesandMuchMOAR

Gallusposting since 2019
@tehwatever

Sometimes, I also think of certain deities in the same way: Odin, god of knowledge and death; Shiva, god of change and eternity; and Kali, goddess of time and justice.

They might become a demon’s worst nightmare because they represent the sum of knowledge, horrible and arcane knowledge, and the depth of eternity.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide