Religion general

Background Pony #85F2
Jesus the Christ said “Take my yoke on you, for my burden is light.” In this modern world, what does that mean?

The idea (as I’ve read it) is, in those days, the farmer often used Oxen to plow the field. The yoke refers to yoked oxen, and if I’m understanding this right, it was common enough to take an older ox and yoke it to an inexperienced ox, for the older one to teach the younger one. This makes sense to me, is it correct?

Thus, Jesus the Christ is saying “Yoke yourself to me, to learn my ways, to become like me; anointed of God.”
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Gallusposting since 2019
@Hali the Emoji girl

Sometimes God’s lack of action against the Covid virus is why I am no longer a Christian. Why should I continue worshipping a God Who allows this virus to destroy the world and force us to worship Him? I consider any more trials from God to be torture, and any “blessing” after those “trials” to be curses laughing at my suffering.

It makes me hate life even more, since it throws bullshit like the Covid and poverty at us. If God really does not exist, I might as well hate whoever who is responsible for various disasters (other people, the weather, this evil planet Earth). I wish I could control it and kill it to punish it for making all of us suffer!

IF GOD WERE TO REWARD ME FOR A HEAVY LOSS, I WILL THROW BACK THAT COMPENSATION AT HIS FACE!
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@HorsesandMuchMOAR  
All that edge. But it’s okay. I was once like you. Had my atheism “Fuck you God” Richard Dawkins + Jordan Peterson phase and everything. I lost my fire though, and I hope you don’t lose yours. I wish you good luck in your fight against God.

Here’s my take:

Why is he such a freaking unforgivable troll th0? well…Because he can. Also it wouldn’t matter if you didn’t believe in him or not worship him. He doesn’t need our worship.

You could throw his compensation back in his face but what’ll that prove? The dude is literally unbeatable and maybe He’ll just laugh and replay the footage of you throwing things over and over like a rage compilation for the denizens of hell and heaven–who knows?

God is a prick. Unfortunately he has absolute control over everything. We’re living in a scenario where the guy holding UNLIMITED POWER is NOT the good guy. So what do I do? Fight HIM? Why? Even if 7 billion people shout at God there is no hurting him. Even if FIFTY billion people are staging a violent coup there is no winning.

The fact that you could feel anger towards Him is because He allows it. HE’s in control of your rage. Remember the story of the Monkey King trying to jump away from the palm of the Buddha and no matter how far he jumps he always lands right on Buddha’s Palm? Yeah.

Might as well just enjoy life as it is currently, and help as many people out as you can. God or no God.
SolaristheBatto
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Fluffy Space Bat
In my perception many, not all, but many anti-theists have lost the ability to be happy thanks to their relative experience. And their goal is now to simply bring as many people down as they possibly can. The fact of the matter is that trying to cry out about the problem of evil, or debate whether or not god is a prick, is a case of failing to see the forest through the trees. @HorsesandMuchMOAR is not far from the truth, ironically, at least about the world being evil. It actually goes farther than that, this world is infact, Hell itself. It began with one supreme problem, a problem of evil, if you will, and every single thing we suffer under today is descended from that.

An unending chain of problems that have produced all the suffering of the world. How do you win? You don’t. All that matters is whether or not you’re hopeful at the end, and atoning for your evils. Whether or not god exists, at the last moment of your life, your perception of time will slow as your brain fails. Until at the penultimate moment, your very last thought, and emotion. You will be in that moment for, at the very least, a very long time. Eternity perhaps. If you’re scared and regretful, well, I can’t imagine anything more hellish than being bound to bad memories and ideas from this world, forever. I can’t even think about that idea itself for too long.

There’s no logical reason for me to entertain the idea of being an atheist. All I see there is being able to call myself ‘potentially more correct’ at the end. No remedy for any kind of existential dread. God gives me hope, that I will pass into my final moment, unafraid and excited. Even if he doesn’t exist, feeling that for eternity… That feels like it’s worth it, for me, at least.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@SolaristheBatto  
A very practical approach. I LOVE IT. You see it from the premise, that death feels like a snapshot of literally your last moment, and so you’d definitely want your last moment to be as hopeful and bright as possible, looking forward to another great feelings, looking forward to another chance, because the thought of nothingness feels very depressing.

Unfortunately that’s not HorsesandMuchMoar’s issue. I inferred from his post that he flat out rejects God’s Infinite Justice. He does not see it as fair. It doesn’t matter to him that God will eventually bring justice to all of His creation. He hates the fact that God allows suffering when he literally could stop it. To him, God isn’t worthy of worship because he’s a selfish, all-powerful force of “good” that doesn’t do anything. HorsesandMuchMoar sees it as insulting. I sort of get that sentiment.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I’m mildly annoyed that the Google doodle takes you to a little list of winter holidays but leaves out Yule.

Yule is the progenitor of Christmas, and there are plenty of us around that still celebrate it. A bright spot on the wheel during the dark half of the year.
Hali the Emoji girl
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Goth Cinnamon Roll
@Flutter_Lover

and basic thinking. I’ve found alot of people with basically the same mindset as the person i linked to over the years on youtube strangely, i haven’t seen people debunking their delusional claims on youtube at all.
Hali the Emoji girl
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Goth Cinnamon Roll
@tehwatever

That’s the reason why I’m happy that no gods exists, can you imagine having to exist only to serve some tyrannical dickhead or dickheads for your entire freaking life and beyond death for eternity with that being the only purpose you are even born in first place?
Barry Tone
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
@HorsesandMuchMOAR

How can God do anything if people - whether they claim to follow him or not - don’t act like it’s THEIR place to work against Corona and deceptions and the excessive love of money? Seriously though, there’s a Root* that grows in California that might very well cure the virus, but you’ll never see it paraded in the streets in the hands of a greedy society that worships MONEY MONEY MONEY as the solution to everything. I’m not saying that everyone in the world is greedy, but in an event when the higher-ups in the Government are (whether or not they know it,) and have been for generations upon generations? Trouble’s brewing then.

If you have a little brother or nephew who won’t listen to your advice despite you doing absolutely everything you can to keep him out of trouble in words that he understands, there’s really not much else to do.

*The root is “Lomatium Dissectum,” and I don’t suggest this lightly. The root in tincture form was investigated in 1918 against Influenza, and it worked. It was studied again with results published in 2014, and it worked; it lowers CXCL10, which is a kind of Inflammation in the Lungs. CXCL10 is in common with Corona.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@BarryFromMars

Doesn’t the biscuitroot also cause horrible rashes? It also didn’t “cure” the flu, it lowered the bodies inflammation response thus preventing things like a cytokine storm. The only viruses that its compounds have shown to actively affect are the Rotaviruses, which while similar in shape to coronaviruses are very different. It also has antibiotic properties that killed tuberculosis bacteria.

Here’s the thing though, we already use coumarins (the active ingredient in the buscuitroot) and have been able to synthesize several of them in the lab. Same thing with the tetronic acids, we can and do synthesize them. The coumarins are already being investigated for use against viruses (HIV in particular), in fact Pfizer is one of the companies involved in that process. And tetronic acids are already being actively used as anti-microbials. Yes, greedy companies are a big problem that needs to be dealt with, but they are actively studying and employing these natural remedies. I do not buy into this idea that these companies are just sitting on the cure-alls for some nefarious nonsense.

Don’t just go eating random plants, or telling people to eat random plants, or suggesting that the consumption of random plants will cure the virus. We can synthesize the active ingredients in the plant without the rash causing resin.
Barry Tone
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
Did you know that God’s Name has been left out thousands of times in most Bibles?

It’s true. In nearly every case where it says “the LORD,” that is where the Name of God is supposed to be. When an “Old Testament” section verse ends with “I am the LORD,” it was supposed to end with the name, possibly as a reminder. The name’s not “Jehovah,” either; that came much later, in English. There was no “J” before the 1400s, and even then, it was a substitute for an “i.” The name of God, in a Transliterated from Hebrew way, is “YHWH.” Some type it as “Yahweh,” though I’m not certain how one is to pronounce it. Interestingly though, it may sound like breathing in and out.

Considering that Exodus 3:15 has God saying This is my name FOR ALL GENERATIONS/FOREVER, it sounds already like omitting the name is a catastrophic idea.

full

(Hebrew’s read from right to left.)

Names in Hebrew always meant something. It’s not like today where someone just likes the sound of a name, so they name their kid; names in Ancient Hebrew implied character and fame and report. With that in mind, the Name “YHWH,” in Hebrew, (as far as I’m aware) implies one who exists and breathes and lives. Exodus 3:14 translates God’s name as “I am that I am.” By considering other words that mean the same thing (and this is not wrong,) that could be saying “I Be that I Be” owhich implies “Being,” so one could say “I Exist that I Exist.” Existence of Consciousness in this world implies one who IS alive, who DOES exist. Those who are alive (Birds and Animals included) always breathe. You could just as easily say the name is “I breathe that I exist.” That’s in stark contrast to bowing down in front of some Egyptian God that’s just some sort of carved out piece of stone, which does not breathe or walk or tell you anything.

Furthermore, the 3rd of the 10 Commandments is “You shall not take the name of YHWH, your God, in vain; for he will not hold him innocent who takes the name in vain.” Other verses refer to the name specifically, such as Exodus 33.

In other words, making the name “useless” or profaning the name (by saying he is what he isn’t) is a sin. ‘Sin,’ BTW, is a word that means ‘Missing the Mark In Life.’ If one does this on purpose to make deceitful money, you could say that he’s breaking at least 6 of the 10 commandments:  
You shall have No Other Gods Before YHWH (going against God’s commands IS having a different God altogether, make no mistake about it.)  
You shall have No Graven (Created) Images of Gods (which I interpret to also mean false ideas of God; like God, those are invisible, but the idea of having a carved God like those in Ancient Egypt is also an idea,)  
You shall Not Take God’s Name in Vain (this goes far deeper than just mispronouncing the name when you never knew it in the first place, it can refer to making his name of no effect and also of putting false words in his mouth on purpose.)  
You Shall Not Steal (by extension, omitting information on purpose is stealing knowledge from people.)  
You Shall Not Bear False Witness (Lie; lead one to have a false image of God in people’s minds,)  
You shall Not Covet (Desire anything of your Neighbor’s. [By omitting God’s name from the Bible in a lust of desiring “Sauron” levels of power, this is coveting that which should be in other people’s life.])

It might even be an issue that indirectly causes people to be murdered (if people despair and/or go crazy,) so, misusing the name of God is not a tiny speck that ought to be overlooked.

Exodus 33:11 states that God spoke face to face with Moses (implying being there,) and Deuteronomy 23:14 says “Because the Lord your God walks in the midst of your camp, to deliver you and to give up your enemies before you, therefore your camp must be holy, so that he may not see anything indecent among you and turn away from you.” It’s saying God’s among the camp of people…

I do not think that English with all of its Greco-Roman influenced pride is always the best language to read THE HOLY BIBLE in. I’m not saying it’s all wrong, but there is great benefit to seeking God in Hebrew, from a Hebraic perspective, as well as one can do, wholeheartedly. Much can show up nicely, out there.

I’ve been using these sites to study:

“Ancient Hebrew Recearch Center (AHRC) Hosted by Jeff Benner”:ancient-hebrew.org

Scripture4All’s Hebrew Section
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide