Religion general

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Zincy  
drinks (with alcohol) in general are haraam, and they’re delicious. the trend is that, if it’s “good” it’s haraam.  
There is no joke to be made. see the guy avoiding the shit out of carbs because he’s cutting, and he knows they’re delicious? Being a muslim is like that, all the time.

“Why are we still a muslim? Just to suffer? Every night, I can taste the alcohol, and the bacon, even the weed. The potential good times I’ve lost, the adventures I will never have, won’t stop hurting. It’s like they’re all calling me. You feel it too, don’t you?”

is what I ask my muslim friends all the time. Me being a muslim is because I’m hella stubborn and don’t listen to reason and is being a rebel, is probably the primary reason. when being a muslim starts becoming cool I’ll prolly quit.

To date I haven’t watched Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad or La Casa del Papel even when I know they good shit.
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@RhodieNite  
Hahaha! I make my own bologna, but I haven’t tasted a halal bratwurst yet. will probably go look for them in local store, if they got some. I haven’t found a halal Jamon, either. Oh well, such is the muslim lyfe. “Why are you doing this to yourself” is the one question I get all the time.
Patachu
Patachu - For Patreon supporters
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag

@RhodieNite  
…pork is delicious and safe if you properly cook it. i’d rather eat a good rib perfectly cooked over a McDonald’s.

but black pudding… that’s kind of weird. nah, no thanks.
user4897
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

an Indonesian Muslim preacher has been violently harassed and stabbed by an unknown assailant while giving a speech at a mosque

According to local reports, the attacker is allegedly a member of a racist Islamic organization, and the motive is political - due to the preacher being pro-government while the Islamist group is part of the radical opposition

God, why is this thing happening again?  
I warned you people, never mix religion and politics
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I just now found out about the discipline of maqaam! Huh. Today I learned.

So apparently, Maqaam is the melodious ways of reciting the Qur’an. There are multiple maqaamat, each with their own styles, but all of them still strictly follow the mainstream Tajweed (rules of pronunciation and recitation).

An expert Qari (reciter) would usually use different style for different verses. For happy verses he make the melody bright, for scary verses he make it sound dark. There are eight major maqaamat and I’m kinda curious how each sounds like.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Listening to the quran with a maqaam is eerily similar to listening to a spanish Saeta. If you muslim or just curious…watch it…it’s something. In fact when I was in Sevilla during the Semana Santa in 2016, when I first heard someone singing a Saeta I legit thought I was hearing the adhan or some kinda du’a until I listened closely.

I had the urge to just say “Subhanallah, subhanallah” when the singer took a pause because the melody is that familiar. Hahahaha!
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@RhodieNite  
I never really appreciated the art of maqaam until just now. Here I thought reciters were just making stuff up as they go. Turns out the real pros have established methods. I should have assumed as much.

my experience with the quran have been…visual (as in, I READ it), rather than auditory which I personally think isn’t complete. The Quran is part of a longstanding, ongoing abrahamic oral tradition after all. It’s probably at its best when heard.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I’ve heard from someone that the forest fires in California are a modern day Sodom and Gommorah. I personally feel that a wrathful God isn’t one worth following.  
I take an inclusive view when it comes to religion,all deities are just as valid as one another.  
Thoughts on this?
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Dex Stewart  
IMO If you find a particular God to not be worth your time, don’t bother with them.

As for inclusivity if I believed that God is equally as valid as the other deities I’m out of tawheed.

But. If I believe that other religions all ultimately strive to reach some common Truth then I’m not yet out of tawheed.

@RhodieNite  
Modern incarnation of Battle of Badr? Who’s the modern incarnation of the Prophet then? Badr isnt complete wizout Muhammad in the picture.
user4897
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@tehwatever

That’s what I’ve heard, so far  
Some conservative muslims likened modern middle eastern wars as a modern “war against the Quraish, Jews and perceived infidels (Kafir)” - but no one will ever thought about the modern “incarnation” of the Prophet
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@RhodieNite  
I get what they mean when they is say is a jihad, because it IS a jihad.

Kinda like when Paul Muad’Dib rallied the Fremen on a Jihad against the Harkonnen and the Emperor Shaddam IV.

So it’s a jihad, on both side, against each other.

In the book Misquoting Muhammad, the author opens with an image of the Arab Spring 2011, and he describes how both the Rebel and the Regime BOTH uses ‘Ulama to justify each other’s jihad.

Claiming parallel to best known campaigns and skirmishes that the prophet personally took part in, is an effort to make your jihad legit.
Dex Stewart
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@tehwatever  
I remember hearing a Muslim scholar talking about the meaning of jihad,he said it meant “struggle”. He insisted it wasn’t meant to convey violence,but I’d say the meaning has definitely changed. The word jihad is now pretty inseparable from Islamic violence.  
I’m not an expert on Islam,so id like to know your thoughts on this.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Dex Stewart  
It does mean “struggle.” Which means it goes all the way from the personal and mundane: Nofap, studies, etc.  
To the public and far reaching: societal reform, revolution, violent rebellion, military conquest, either in the name of islam or secular.

The muslim in a sense is always in a jihad as long as they’re not giving up on whatever they’re trying to achieve,  
provided what it is based on intentions rooted in islamic teachings and is in line with the broader sharia.

STILL, Jihad is most of the time used in the context of fighting, it does usually mean the use of proportionate force, so I’m personally okay with that word being inseparable with islamic “violence.” It sorta kinda is, especially considering that’s how ppl use it these days. I’m not gonna stop ppl from evolving their language, as long as the etymology is preserved.

What I don’t like, is when ppl only see it as something “bad” or “evil.”  
“The best jihad is a single truthful word against an unjust ruler!” says a hadith. To me that shouldn’t be…evil? Idk.

I’d rather ppl treat jihad the same way ppl treat crusade, tbh.

Oh and uh…Magnamon pulling off EXTREME JIHAD. This is hilarious. I mean, Wow.
Dex Stewart
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@tehwatever  
Oh yeah,digimon tossed lots of casual religious references out there. Japanese culture tends to view religion a bit differently. I remember watching Zyuranger for the first time and being shocked the villain’s name was Dai Satan. And Mr.Satan from Dragonball,and There were other Satan’s in Kamen Rider and Sentai…
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Dex Stewart  
Legit I saw a hentai named, not joking: Makai Tenshi Jibril (Demon Angel Jibril) because apparently Gabriel isn’t exotic enough.  
I appreciate that the japanese are much more open in that regard–everything’s fair game, and they DO appreciate good art, good stories and good ideas wherever it comes from.

I need me more islamic references in anime. If I had the skills, I will do it myself. That’ll be my jihad.
user4897
Artist -

@RhodieNite
I get what they mean when they is say is a jihad, because it IS a jihad.
Kinda like when Paul Muad’Dib rallied the Fremen on a Jihad against the Harkonnen and the Emperor Shaddam IV.
So it’s a jihad, on both side, against each other.
In the book Misquoting Muhammad, the author opens with an image of the Arab Spring 2011, and he describes how both the Rebel and the Regime BOTH uses ‘Ulama to justify each other’s jihad.
Claiming parallel to best known campaigns and skirmishes that the prophet personally took part in, is an effort to make your jihad legit.

sadly, the term jihad today has become a negative connotation to employ violence, antisemitism, and other Nazi-grade crimes committed by the extremists
user4897
Artist -

@Dex Stewart
Legit I saw a hentai named, not joking: Makai Tenshi Jibril (Demon Angel Jibril) because apparently Gabriel isn’t exotic enough.
I appreciate that the japanese are much more open in that regard–everything’s fair game, and they DO appreciate good art, good stories and good ideas wherever it comes from.
I need me more islamic references in anime. If I had the skills, I will do it myself. That’ll be my jihad.

Islamic themed hentai, I would LOVE this 😅🤗
Dex Stewart
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@RhodieNite  
I just remembered futanari angels that show up in the Devilman manga. Seriously,and it’s not the only time I’ve seen futanari angels. I wonder if that’s a theme in a coincidence.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide