Pokemon General [SFW, No NSFW]

Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@WyrmSpawN
Who says that they would fix things and not just add stuff?
@Rabidcabbit
And the world is full of failed MMOs and popular ones that only the newer stuff is even slightly relevant. I think Josh Strife Hayes made a video on parasitic expansions.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
The only way we’d get an all region game is as an MMO, so of course it wouldn’t be made or worked on by Gamefreak, and MMO’s always get updates or expansion packs
And this another thing, who’s going to be developing this ideal game if it’s not GameFreak?
Rabidcabbit
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
Gamefreak can barely make a 3d pokemon game at all, let alone the “Ideal Pokemon game”
MMO’s are almost never developed by the main company, usually a separate studio, so what gamefreak is or isn’t above doing wouldn’t have much to do with a supposed MMO, doesn’t Niantic update POGo still? that’s the closest thing to an MMO we’ve got yet
Rabidcabbit
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
I’ve never been too much of an MMO player, so I’m not sure who would be good for that, The Elder Scrolls Online is pretty alright though, and that’s made by ZeniMax Online, rather than Bethesda who create the mainline games.
FF14 has apparently been doing great since half of WoW’s player base abandoned Blizzard, but that was actually made in house by Square Enix.
I wouldn’t have the foggiest who Nintendo and the Pokemon Company would allow to create something as big as a Pokemon MMO, actually my bet would be on an amalgamate between Niantic, ILCA and tencent :P
That would be an unholy Abomination of a team-up I would totally expect the Pokemon Company to hire.
Rabidcabbit
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
Well there ya go, he’d be able to tell you what company would be best for a pokemon MMO :p
I would love to have a pokemon game created by Nihon Falcom or Atlus, seriously Between the Trails games and the Persona games, I don’t think I’ve ever played turn based RPG’s as good as theirs
That being said making an MMO is much different than a regular one player game.
Rabidcabbit
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
What point? that you think that whatever company that would get hired to make the pokemon MMO would get away with never updating it?
WoW, ESO and FF14 all get updates and patches all of the time, hell even PoGo still gets updates,and it’s a Free to play Mobile game, I sincerely doubt a PokeMMO would be created and immediately shelved by whatever company was hired to create it.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Rabidcabbit
I think he listed off the AAA MMO failures in a video, but I forget. And updates are far from the only important part of a MMO. FF14 had to be shut down at one point since the game’s own mechanics was the problem. The FF14 you see now is the new version of that game.
Rabidcabbit
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
Oh yes I’m aware, the first release of the game was a broken mess from my understanding, they re-worked a lot of the games engine and re-released it in 2013, and it’s still going strong today, hell it still has a monthly subscription in order to play, so it’s clearly still a money machine.
As I stated before MMO’s are a different beast compared to 1-player games, does that mean such games should never be made? obviously with as much as people clammer for it, I think a Pokemon MMO could earn all companies involved a lot of money, a lot of MMO’s do tend to suffer a rocky start at first, but there are more than a few that have gone on to become strong showings of the Genre
No advancements are ever made to any industry without a little risk every now and then, not that I really expect nintendo or the pokemon company to okay an MMO with their IP’s but, but I think it could work for Pokemon out of all of the IPS
Background Pony #E344
My team in Shield:
Cassius (Scorbunny)
Zacian
Emmanuel (Yamper)
Eden (Rookidee)
Ernest (Blipbug)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide