Rabidcabbit
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
@Meanlucario

@Latecomer

I have a hard time counting the gender ratio as being in lore fact over in-game mechanics, most creatures that would have large disparity of males over females, would have likely gone extinct long ago due to near impossible breeding requirements.

Unless I guess we accept general egg groups as being natural, but then again, most male heavy species still would have likely died off
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Littlecabbit  
You forget about dittos and controlled breeding to prevent extinction. I think Pokemon would be a world that would do everything to prevent natual selection from occurring.
Rabidcabbit
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
@Meanlucario

That assumes Dittos are natural and not man made, and controlled breeding seems to have a somewhat spotty existence in our world, with only some species getting such care, and many dying off because people didn’t care for them
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Littlecabbit  
You say that like they wouldn’t be used for breeding. And in a world where each mon has potential for combat and even an 11 year old has access to places designed for breeding mons, I doubt it would be an issue. My concern is shiny breeding in that world.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Latecomer  
Ever played Mass Effect? Krogans also produce one child at a time, but reproduce fast enough that they have to make the species sterile in order to prevent them from conquering the galaxy.
Latecomer

@Meanlucario  
Hmm… true. The rate is vague. Though how all those varied creatures all reproduce so similarly is probably the odd part… is that the mark of Arceus, who is said to have hatched from an egg? Or are the daycare staff just scamming you?
Rabidcabbit
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
@Latecomer

Because there’s nothing unrealistic about a blue whale and a house cat creating an egg together!

Though to be honest, I kind of like the silliness of it

but hey, if the god of the pokemon universe is also a pokemon, it probably would make sense
Latecomer

@Littlecabbit  
Really, I could probably go on a whole rant about how Pokemon would make about ten times more sense as a pure fantasy series…but in the end it probably is “better” to teach kids to admire science and scientists and the wonders of nature and technology. Even if it gives us overthinkers headaches.
yelling_into_the_void
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

The Hell?
full  
full  
full  
I feel like something like this would have happened some time after Huey was born; Ash is cuddling with him, but then he suddenly starts mew-ing for his mama. So then Newtwo just stands there looking at Ash with an unamused expression as she wordlessly takes her baby back.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide