Pokemon General [SFW, No NSFW]

Latecomer

@WyrmSpawN  
Well, you’re free to change that if you want…

Which actually makes a good springboard for my next question - what things do people change for their headcanon. (Besides, like, totally remixing half the Pokedex.) Some examples of my headcanons include…

The first and biggest one I think of is the Storage System. Especially the part where the balls vanish as soon as they’re filled, but even the whole thing in general seems to be stepping on Porygon’s metaphorical toes a bit. So in my works, Pokemon and Pokeballs are always physically somewhere. (I designed a complex system of vacuum tubes to serve as a replacement, before realising a bunch of teleporting couriers could fill the same role without as much infrastructure.)

In a similar note, I tend to dump healing machines… not because they’re egregious, but rather because they’re unnecessary. There’s nothing they do that can’t be accomplished with the right medicines or moves - I mean, why else have on-staff Chansey/Audinos?

Oh, and speaking of moves, I figure some of them are probably banned (or at least restricted) in League battles. Especially the more fatal-sounding ones like Guillotine and Horn Drill. (And of course, Metronome.)
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
I need to vent about Pokémon again. I didn’t think it would ever happen but the Pokémon community have pulled it off, they have successfully made me cautious and pessimistic about future titles.
Rabidcabbit
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
@Red-Supernova

Don’t blame the community, blame Gamefreak, they’re the ones that have been pumping out low quality titles the past 9 or so years.

Neither of the two titles we know about look all that good graphically, one threatens to be quite possibly too “faithful” to a set of games that weren’t really all that good on their own to begin with, and might not bring anything of worth to the table.

The other looks super empty and still looks like it runs at 5 FPS when there’s more than one Pokemon on screen and you’re character happens to be moving, which in itself might not be a problem if game freak didn’t have a mere ten months or less you fix it.

I really do want to have faith and be hopeful for the future titles, but it seems we already have reasons to question them sadly
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Littlecabbit  
But its really The Pokémon Company who is at fault. Game Freak would probably understand all of the community’s complaints about what should be mainline stables like every Pokémon being present if they weren’t forced by TPC to release their games at the same time the newest wave of merchandise and anime season come out. What does TPC have to lose if they can’t release the new merch and anime season because the next mainline game isn’t ready yet? They are the highest profiting franchise in the whole damn world! Are they seriously gonna explode if they lose a few million dollars?

@Littlecabbit  
Neither of the two titles we know about look all that good graphically, one threatens to be quite possibly too “faithful” to a set of games that weren’t really all that good on their own to begin with, and might not bring anything of worth to the table.

Dude, you do not want to fuck with the Gen 4 fans. But even I’m worried that the Gen 4 remakes are TPC’s way of saying “HERE! NOW PISS OFF!”

@igotnopicks  
I never wanted to be pessimistic about anything related to upcoming Pokémon news. But the community has finally broke me.
shinigamiPeter

…I just lost three (main-party material) Pokemon to a random trainer. Not the gym leaders, not Bede, random nobody.

I was just done catching Midna the Hatenna in Motostoke Outskirts. She really didn’t wanted to get caught, so both my anti-Psychic tanks, Manako the Duskull and Taokaka the Galarian Meowth, eventually got worn down to ~20 hp. Thinking I would just go straight to the city, I forgot to heal them and then accidentally walked into a battle with Madame. Her first mon (Yamper) wasn’t a problem, but then she sent out Swoobat.

Now, no one on my on-hand team was fully evolved, and as I realized with growing panick, most of them were either weak to Flying/Psychic (Nero the Roselia, Jack the Toxel, Teddie the Stufful), or frail enough to be 2HKO anyway (Fergus the Arrokuda, who got worned down to 1/3 of health with one Air Cutter when I tried to switch Teddie after his duel with Yamper). And Swoobat outsped every last one of them. The only ones who could take the hits…were the ones already half dead.

And so, Teddie died to crit Air Cutter on switch and Tao managed to fire a single Fake Out before succumbing. Luckily, Jack managed to paralyse the bat with Nuzzle (as well as deal a good chunk of damage), and got hit in retaliation with Air Cutter and not Confusion, so he managed to live. Manako switched him to hopefully finish with Shadow Sneak, but paralyse didn’t come off and she went back to the grave. Fortunately this gave a free switch to Fergus, who now could outspeed Swoobat thanks to para, and let him Bite the bat to death.

Not gonna lie, the knowledge that my stupid mistake took those guys out of commission…hurts. Though I guess that’s the part of the experience.
shinigamiPeter

@igotnopicks  
Yeah, I’d say 90% of all the -locke related deaths tend to happen due to stupid mistakes or bad luck like crits, misses or random Explosions.  
That last 10% being just not having an access to a proper team.
Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@Latecomer

One headcanon I have is that “Dark-Type” is an actual physical substance. It’s an odd element found in trace amounts in some Pokemon’s teeth. This allows those Pokemon to not only bite something as immaterial as a Ghost-type, but cause extra damage to it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide