Pokemon General [SFW, No NSFW]

Shyette
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Yuri (NSFW)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

I want coffiee
A Samurai, an Archer and an Angry Badger are our starters for Legendsfull
If they were going to go this route, I would’ve hoped they’d give us more than three options…

I think they should have used Fenniken.
Rabidcabbit
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
@Shepherd

I think they were trying to theme them, the game has a slight feudal Japan theme in it’s style, so they went with the Samurai and Archer, I don’t think a magical girl/Witch wouldn’t go well with that theme, but then again I don’t think Typhlosion goes with that theme either

Though a Kitsune would have fit, Fen’s line aren’t really Kitsune, Vulpix would’ve fit better, but it isn’t a starter
Latecomer

Well, quite the reveal. As with MLP G5, I’m cautiously hopeful here… though I do wonder why they didn’t make the games in the same scale so they could re-use assets. I don’t recall ORAS being deliberately chibified… no, wait, that was still the norm in Gen 6.

But certainly, a period Pokemon game is going to be… interesting. (And possibly a bit contentious in some ways, given the history of Hokkaido… but we’ll see.)
shinigamiPeter

I’m willing to wait with final judgement, but so far, I’m kinda disappointed with the remakes.  
full  
The artstyle for overworld looks…off, and I think I honestly prefer the old DS sprites. It looks worse than ORAS, for crying out loud. And if we’re really not getting anything new (or even Platinum exclusive), then I really don’t see myself buying it when I already have Platinum. But I guess it will be an option for people who never played Gen 4, so good for them.  
As a side note, seems like there’ll be no Mega Evolutions. While not unexpected, it still really hurts. Guess I’m never getting my Mega Infernape…

Legends is an interesting idea, and at the very least it looks a bit better than SwSh (not a hard thing to do) thanks to more stylized graphics, but I’ll need some more footage and info (what’s the end goal of the game? Will there be some proper stoy? What about trainer battles? Or multiplayer?). And hopefully they will fix the framerate.  
full
Rabidcabbit
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
@shinigamiPeter

The fact that they said Legends will release early next year and the frame rate is that choppy is rather worrying, SwSh still had a lot of the same issues at release that was noted in the earlier footage, so I’m not sure if I could trust that this choppiness won’t still be present on release day as well

There’s also the fact that we’ve only seen pokemon standing around doing nothing again, much like SnS
igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
I’m willing to wait with final judgement, but so far, I’m kinda disappointed with the remakes.
full
The artstyle for overworld looks…off, and I think I honestly prefer the old DS sprites. It looks worse than ORAS, for crying out loud. And if we’re really not getting anything new (or even Platinum exclusive), then I really don’t see myself buying it when I already have Platinum. But I guess it will be an option for people who never played Gen 4, so good for them.
As a side note, seems like there’ll be no Mega Evolutions. While not unexpected, it still really hurts. Guess I’m never getting my Mega Infernape…

Why do you Legend of Zelda Link’s Awakening Remake style for this game?
shinigamiPeter

Why do you Legend of Zelda Link’s Awakening Remake style for this game?

Why do I…what? I think you lost a word there.

I’m assuming you’re asking why I dislike the artstyle. Well, first, I already wasn’t the biggest fan of the Link’s Awakening style (I still like it, just not as much as full-sized LoZ), but that was a remake of a GB game, so it was always going to look much better than the original. With Gen 4, we arguably reached peak Pokemon sprites, so comparison becomes less favorable. That, and we had decent looking Pokemon remakes before that didn’t rely on chibifying everything, at least not to that level (say what you will about LGPE’s gameplay, they are a good fit for Pokemon aesthetically).

Second, there’s a clear difference in presentation. LA just looks better, with lively colors, high quality textures, and models with personality. It’s all very charming.  
full  
full

Compared to that, BDSP looks very rough.  
full  
full

I would say it looks like a phone game, but…Pokemon Masters looks better.  
full  
Granted, it’s because it only needs to show trainers and mons, but still.

And yes, I know it’s not the final product and it could look better at launch (thus the start of my last post), but considering Junichi “Making Games Is Hard, Please Understand” Masuda is behind the wheel, I can’t say I’m optimistic.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@shinigamiPeter  
Could be that his replacement knows about how much people don’t like Masuda and is using him as a shield, or the opposite and thinks that his name being on it will raise sales.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
Sinnoh was always my least favorite of the Pokemon regions, but I’ll still end up getting Pearl anyways.  
Still looking forward to Pokemon Snap, also Pokemon Legends Arceus looks cool.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
Why are they going the chibi route? It’s not even gen 6’s chibi style, since that one just had big heads in the overworld sprite. It’s better suited for a spin-off and crashes with D/P’s tone (you know, where a man wants to erase the world to be the God of a new world).
shinigamiPeter

@Meanlucario  
I don’t know, man.  
The only answer I can think of is them trying to nostalgiabait people into buying the remakes (since the DP remakes look to be sticking as close as possible to the look of the DS originals but just making everything polygonal 3D rather than a mix of sprites and polygons) while keeping the costs low. That would explain the relatively low effort shown so far while trying to put the “faithfulness” to originals as a major seling point.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide