Pokemon General [SFW, No NSFW]

LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Meanlucario  
I have my reasons for it, but they don’t impact anyone here.

Basically it just feels like no one plays casually or that casual players were all snuffed out by the lazy game design that seems to be streamlined just to get to the point of battling online which does nothing for me and interests me none but that is what the devs and fans think everyone wants to do, and I do not, so I’m SOL. I liked the battle frontier as I could attempt stuff like that alone, single player, ingame with stuff to earn. But fuck me because I don’t care about competitive anything so I’m left to the wayside.
Latecomer

Pokemon has always been designed around player interaction, even back when you needed a Link Cable for it. In the modern world, that means being able to battle just about anyone around the world, so the competitive balance needs to be properly considered.

On the other hand, though, the mainline games have also always been single player experinces that offered plenty even to a player on a lunar mission. Maybe there is room for a “game” where you just raise Pokemon for online battle, but that should be one of the zillion spinoffs.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Latecomer  
In turn, the spinoffs are actually where a true single player experience lies anymore. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is like 50% of why I like the series, and that’s only a few games total.
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
So I’ve collected a good number of Pokémon from Surprise Trades that are battle ready Lv. 100s and some of them are legendaries. Should I still use them in any online battles as part of the other Pokémon I have chosen to fully train? My OCD needs confirmation.

@Meanlucario  
I need some help understanding what you’re trying to say. Are you saying what is currently being played for ranked battles and online competitions is considered “no restrictions?” Because they seem to restrict the box legends and mythicals as usual.

@LightningBolt  
Faculties like the Battle Frontier required some competitive strategy to make the most out of them so the biggest challenges didn’t always have to be against other players. And I love training more Pokémon for any post game single player challenges.
Latecomer

I do wonder how the whole “competitive vs causal” thing translates in universe. In things like the anime, more competitive Trainers are often treated as jerks, both to other Trainers and thier Pokemon.
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Latecomer  
Does this mean the anime is saying “don’t think hard about what kind of Pokémon will benefit you the most, you’ll just be seen as a big meanie!”? Its a very one dimensional view considering that this same franchise which hosts events over RL Trainers working to see which team and strategy will help them prevail through most battles.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide