Pokemon General [SFW, No NSFW]

Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Meanlucario  
But just like them, Leon also does his part to help out his home region.

@igotnopicks  
I actually skimmed at a video that ranked every champion’s team at how will they would do in competitive format and Cynthia’s was the highest along with Leon’s.
igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@Red-Supernova  
And leave his little brother behind. Hop is truly the second banana.

Also note Cynthia doesn’t do this. Her team in platinum and even in Pearl and Diamond is completely viable. She starts out with a pokemon with no weakness(At that time),and she has basically a sudo legendary with the Garchomp.
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Meanlucario  
I think I understand. You know, I heard a rumor about during eariler drafts of the game’s story, Leon’s whole legacy as a champion was supposed to reveal him as a fraud. I don’t know if this is true or not but if it oh man, I bet this would have pissed so many people off.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Red-Supernova  
Sounds like it would have had potential, more than the current game. It could even go the Jack Atlas route where he was unaware that his winning streak was fudged by his boss. Imagine Leon learning that, and spending screentime questioning his abilities as a trainer and later tasting failure by your hands, and finding it sweeter than his past victories.
Red-Supernova
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Passionate opinionator
@Meanlucario  
Yeah. I don’t know how Chairman Rose would be able to rig a Pokémon battle considering the logic of their world but it was part of the rumor I’ve heard. I was actually expecting the cutscene before battling Rose to have Leon lose to him as Rose reveals that’s he more skilled or something. Even though it wouldn’t make sense because Rose is a steel type trainer which is the exact weakness that Leon’s Charizard can mop the floor with.  
Personally, I think that this plot twist would have shattered Hop as well since Leon was his motivation to become a legendary trainer.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Red-Supernova  
Again, with Jack Atlas, his boss paid people large amount of money to lose, like the example in the show was that the guy had a counter that would help him win, but he didn’t play it because he needed the money. In Pokemon, it would be not using the full powers of your mons and letting them take damage when they could have avoid it and the like.

And it’s simple: stealth rocks and rockslide, the latter on a mon that outspeeds Charizard’s 100 speed, like Alolan Dugtrio, or who can take the hit, like Heatran. Charizard is a UU pokemon for a reason.

And it would help people to like Hop when him being vulnerable is followed up with reminding you that his brother, Leon, is the undefeated champion.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@09MurphyM  
Yes, and it got annoying quick and ruin moments that would otherwise make people like him. Making characters one-note is rarely a good thing when you want to make people like them.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@09MurphyM  
And that means shit when it comes to characters. I rather have a well-written rival with a terrible team than a rival with a great team but a terribly-written character.
09MurphyM

Gameplay wise, Brendan and may are probably the weakest of all the rivals in their debut games. Even in emerald, their starter Pokemon never fully evolves and they only have 4 Pokemon by their final battle with the player.
09MurphyM

On the topic of sword and shield, is the first expansion pack still scheduled to be released on time or has it been inevitably delayed already?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide