Pokemon General [SFW, No NSFW]

Rabidcabbit
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
@YetAnotherBrony

Yes, but that’s the argument, the games are never going to become too difficult, so the fans that want that have to go out and find workarounds for that themselves, so we either have rom hacks that makes everything more difficult, or we Nuzlocke, because it’s that, or easy mode, and some people don’t like easy mode so much.

and since “emulations” are technically “illegal”, some people have the audacity to act as if rom-hacks are morally objectionable.
GreenLinzerd
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Bung a rock at it!
regular gameplay of a pokemon game will never challenge you.
What, really? What was Totem Wishiwashi if not challenging, then? And apparently some people found Totem Lurantis to be pretty nightmarish, as well.
igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@Littlecabbit  
Even in my noevorun that wasn’t that much of a challenge the hardest Totem for my team at the time was Salazzle because of how fast it was compared to Popplio.

The hardest part of the game were the trainers in any of my noevoruns.

esspecially Yellow where my team was under leveled.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Totem Kommo’o, however, is pretty easy if you have a Fairy-type, especially if you use the Fairium Z-Crystal that you receive just moments before the fight, due to the fact that it has a 4x weakness to Fairy.
GreenLinzerd
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Bung a rock at it!
@LR-Studios  
Exactly. That’s what I said to those people. My level 27/28 Salandit took it out in 2 shots. In fact, Sunny Day actually ended up helping me!

Totem Wishiwashi was much harder because I didn’t have anything for it - my Pichu and Fomantis weren’t strong enough, so in the end I had to use a Dire Hit (never thought that would happen) and Brionne took it out with her very last Disarming Voice.

But yeah, Totem Kommo-o was just ridiculous. All that buildup, then one Moonblast and it was dead.
Rabidcabbit
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
@LightningBolt

Yeah, after how many decades without? they’re only now a thing in the last handful of games, you want to play the older versions, you have to play vanilla style, in games that desperately try to murder you with everything it has, while pokemon games, half of the trainers screw around issuing worthless commands and flounder around hardly attacking at all in the early game.

I fail to see how it being self imposed makes it somehow meaningless, the Pokemon games are not difficult, the idea was to make the games challenging, because some players like to challenge themselves, which is not something most pokemon games do

TL;DR, people get bored of easy games
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Littlecabbit  
I never said it was meaningless, I just personally don’t get bored of easy games and I prefer to not be constantly stressed out when playing a game. Anyone can play how they want, but it should never be treated that a self imposed challenge is at all the same thing as an official mode.
Rabidcabbit
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
@LightningBolt

I don’t think anyone claims that it’s an official mode, they just want some sort of difficulty options.

Zelda has finally gotten around to giving it’s players harder difficulties with Hero mode, which doubles the damage you take and cuts free hearts down, and with the Ganondorf Amibo, standard Bokoblins deal double the double, however many hearts that is but Gamefreak probably won’t be doing anything close, since the EXP share is made to hand feed the player victories, with how everything gets EXP every battle
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide