Super Smash Bros General Thread

Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

My favourite hobby used to be analizing every character animation in slow motion, because the animation in these games has always been great.
Posted Report
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
A grass type Pokémon is one of those things I’m genuinely surprised hasn’t been included in Smash(along with FE’s Lyn and Dixie Kong)
Posted Report
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
@igotnopicks
Essactly. For as much as Nintendo loves to push her(good example is her being one of the very few characters from FE Warriors to not be from FE1, Awakening or Fates. She also gets a lot of promotion from Heroes and even the recent Engage), I still don’t understand why they haven’t made her a playable character, especially since they love to include so many FE characters already
Posted Report
igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@Kiryu-Chan
We have too many FE characters already. I mean Robin, Chrom, Lucina are from the same game. FE 1 is Marth. Roy is FE6 which is the sequel to the game that Lynn is from but as a twisted side of humor Lynn is from FE7.
Then we have Corrin, and Byleth, and Ike.
So yeah we have too many FE characters.
Posted Report
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
@igotnopicks
Just because there are a lot of FE characters doesn’t mean I’m not interested in seeing more characters, the problem with FE roster is how empty it feels despite how many characters it has.
Just get rid of some of them. Really, get rid of the avatars, pick one(Robin) and drop the rest, they’re some of the most vapid and uninteresting inclusions in Smash, only brought in to promote the next FE game. You could probably drop Chrom and/or Lucina as well.
I’m interested in seeing characters with a legacy behind them. I can’t get excited Corrin or Byleth because they’re there just to promote the new game and nothing more. In contrast digging in to the franchise’s past to bring in new characters is just something I find more interesting, Lyn is a popular character in the franchise, she’s the first Lord the to leave Japan. Heck bring in Black Knight while you’re at it, for a roster as big as FE’s, I’m surprised they haven’t included a villain yet
Posted Report
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Half Kitsune
I cheesed some of the Smash challenges in Ultimate by altering the game’s settings to give whatever the character I’m supposed to be a higher power while my opponent, Jigglypuff, is at its lowest.
Posted Report
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

While I like playing as Chrom, Lucina, Robin and Byleth, I think the problem of Fire Emblem characters in Smash is that, while a bunch of them have interesting or unique gameplay styles, thematically they look the same, making them artistically derivative. This includes:
-Anime artstyle
-Very young characters
-Being conventionally attractive
-Being conventionally slender
-Holding a sword
-Wearing a cape or a coat
-Typically blue-haired
As a result, the Fire Emblem characters in Smash get a bad rap. And who can blame them? It looks like a starter pack of designing a character in Fire Emblem. And even if you suggest other Fire Emblem characters, they would fall into de trap of being similar to these other characters, going back to square one.
And I like Byleth. I just wish she looked more different.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide