Super Smash Bros General Thread

Prince Areo
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

CALM DOWN LUNA!!
If we actually get one of Them’s Fightin’ Herds fighter into Smash, just imagine the spirit battle based on it.

Hopefully we could get Paprika or Velvet Reindeer in Smash.
Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
If we actually get one of Them’s Fightin’ Herds fighter into Smash, just imagine the spirit battle based on it.
Hopefully we could get Paprika or Velvet Reindeer in Smash.

I appreciate the enthusiasm and love that you have a dream, but honestly…is anybody outside of the brony fandom even aware of Them’s Fightin’ Herds’ existence?
Random-Rambling
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@Random-Rambling
The FGC got interested when it was one of the few games with a rollback netcode. Even Leffen tried it.

I did not know that! Now I’m legitimately interested in TFH’s chances in whatever Smash game comes after Ultimate, if there will be one.

I feel like it’s not a guaranteed thing, since Sakurai and the Smash Team pulled out all the stops and cashed in all their favors to create the spectacle that is EVERYONE IS HERE!. They fully admit that the sheer scope of Ultimate is something that will probably never happen again.
Red-Supernova
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
So I was looking at some Twitter message that wasn’t satisfied that Steve and Minecraft is now part of Smash and tried claiming that Sakurai feels the same way by pointing out his facial expressions during the “Sakurai presents Steve” video. And this got me thinking is Sakurai biased towards which fighters make it in the games? Because when it came to Persona, SNK and Fire Emblem, he was excited to talk about these games’ histories. But with Banjo-Kazooie and Minecraft, his body language is saying “………you know, I hope you fuckers are grateful for all I do.”
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Red-Supernova  
They forget, Sakurai dedicated entire presentations to them, promoted BK, “buy Banjo Kazooie on X-Box,” and said he’s been playing Minecraft alot. So I think that’s bull-honkey, and he seems fine with including those series, and apparently he & his team are well researched on them.

It’s like how MLP fans try to claim the showrunners hate their favorite character without any proof. Some fans are biased, so they assume every creator is too.

I honestly prefer Banjo & Steve/Alex/ect. over every other DLC character announced so far.
Random-Rambling
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@Red-Supernova

I didn’t get that with BK, but with Steve, there was a definite vibe of “You want me and my team to do WHAT?!” and then a resigned “Fine, I’ll do it. It’ll be the best damn character in the game!”
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Random-Rambling  
I think that had to do more with how they were going to be getting the character to work in SSB, and the workload involved, not “omg Sakurai hates Minecraft.”  
As I said, he even stated he’s been playing the game in the presentation, and they seem to know alot about the series, and he complimented it when refering to it as “The best selling game ever.” (And don’t forget the toy diamond sword/pickax he had.)

You guys gatta stop listening to Twitterheads.

And even if he “hates” Minecraft, so what? That doesn’t mean anything, and it shows he’s a good developer, if he’s willing to put in stuff that fans/Nintendo want regardless of his own opinions. It doesn’t mean the haters are “correct” that Steve is a “bad inclusion.”

Let’s face it, every SSB character has their haters, so no matter who’s next as DLC, some will complain. Heck, I still see some that insist Sonic, Snake, & Pac-Man “don’t deserve to be in Smash.”  
Some even hate that Ridley got in, because “Sakurai caved into the Ridley fans,” and I saw a satirical fanart piece accusing Ridley of being a “Charizard clone,” and such.
igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@Red-Supernova  
To say that would be to talk about what happened in the game and he kinda did with Banjo Kazooie believe it or not. That’s Bottles poor unfortunate soul. With Steve he did a good job. And in Minecraft you can’t really blame him.
Random-Rambling
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@Beau Skunky

I never meant to imply Sakurai hated Minecraft. He thought Steve would be an incredible inclusion, but the sheer amount of work to do him justice….it may be why he was reported at work one day as barely able to stand, having been hooked into an IV stand.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Random-Rambling  
I’m refering to all the Twitter Steve haters trying to claim that, in order to justify their hate more.  
I dunno, I understand Minecraft isn’t everybody’s cup of tea, but alot of those guys act like old geezers that think any new “2010/2020” era game isn’t a “real game.” (And alot of ‘em like other trendy modern games too, such as Call of Duty, or “Among Us.”)  
I’ve enjoyed SSB characters from games I’ve never touched before, (heck SSB got me into alot of games) so honestly I don’t really feel any of the current included series “shouldn’t be in SSB.”  
Heck, I even enjoy playing as R.O.B,, and he’s just an obscure NES accessory.

And yeah, Sakurai and his team really deserve more kudos for all the hard work they give us. It saddens me whenever I see an ignorant SSB fanboy saying he, and/or his development team are “lazy.” They don’t even understand that the reused stages/characters in SSBU are remade from the ground up, and not actually ported from the previous games’ data.  
In fact, according to Sakurai, the average SSB fighter requires about a year of development to make. Thanks to the COVID situation, it’s probably even requiring more.

Even the Mii costumes require work.
Red-Supernova
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Wiimeiser  
Why?

@Beau Skunky  
Yeah, I bet those Twitter posts made those claims just because they’re salty about Minecraft getting in.

@Beau Skunky  
Well, I’m just thinking that despite Sakurai saying that Nintendo is the one who presents character choices, I can’t help but wonder if some of the choices were of his own rather than Nintendo’s. This is his series after all, would he have some say in who goes in or not?

@Random-Rambling  
And that’s why during the presentation, those salty Twitter posters noticed how fatigued Sakurai looked during the video and tried to use it against the Minecraft series.

@Beau Skunky  
Agreed. I love the new variety we get with each new character.

Yes, they really do. Even though I am still salty about side content not being as expansive as Brawl’s.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Red-Supernova  
I recall, Sakurai said characters like Ridley, Simon, King K. Rool, Dark Samus, Chrom, & Isabelle were put in, due to being popular fan-choices on the Smash Ballots. So some are in as a fan-service, not just because Nintendo requested ‘em.

In fact, Brawl characters that were removed in the U/3DS games, were highly requested on the Smash Ballots too, like Snake, the Ice Climbers, and Star Wolf, so that’s what gave them the idea to bring them back, and every other SSB character for the series’ 20th anniversary, which coincided with the release of SSBU.
igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@Beau Skunky  
Isabelle doesn’t make sense. I would rather want to beat up Tom Nook than Isabelle. Isabelle is a cute doggo that doesn’t deserve to be beat up.

Chrom was a different thing. “I’ll be back one day” One day came.

For Dark Samus eh.

For K Rool he is defintely the one character that we love. Especially the introduction for the character.

For Simon. Everybody was expecting Luigi but DEATH CAME AND KILLED HIM!!! Then Simon showed up.  
For Ridley. 2 BIG FOR SMASH!!!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide