Super Smash Bros General Thread

Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
Do you think in the next Smash Bros game Waluigi will be playable?
In fact, i doubt we will get another one.
@PonyGamer
Aside from the general level of weariness i sense from its developers, the fact that this one can be patched endlessly if anything needed to be added.

Sakurai and the Smash Team have said that there will never be another Smash game quite like Ultimate.

The sheer number of permissions and copyrights and partnerships that have to be made or obtained to make up its character roster is not something that is likely to ever happen again, barring a truly massive shift in the thinking of the people who own said properties.

If another Smash game were to exist, it would likely be a total reboot. Many characters would be changed to reflect their newer selves, perhaps. Would Mario still have FLUDD? Super Mario Sunshine was a big deal, but was it as big as Odyssey? Link changed his look to the now-iconic Breath of the Wild appearance, but what about Zelda? Or, for that matter, Ganondorf? He was always more of an evil sorcerer, not an in-your-face brawler like Smash portrays him as.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
It’s gonna be really hard to replicate the roster Ultimate in a future Smash game. When they make another Smash game, it’ll carry back every Nintendo character, but I expect it to be almost entirely Nintendo save for maybe Sonic and/or Pac Man
Wiimeiser
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Kiryu-Chan  
Let me take a guess at the roster then:

Mario  
Dr. Mario*  
Luigi  
Peach  
Daisy  
Bowser  
Bowser Jr  
Rosalina & Luma  
Piranha Plant*  
Paper Mario  
Wario  
Donkey Kong  
Diddy Kong  
King K. Rool  
Dixie Kong*  
Yoshi  
Link  
Zelda  
Ganondorf  
Tingle*  
Toon Link  
Toy Link*  
Pikachu  
Jigglypuff  
Mewtwo  
Lucario  
Pokemon Trainer  
Generation 9 Stage 3 Starter  
Generation 10 Stage 3 Starter*  
Kirby  
Meta Knight  
King Dedede  
Bandanna Waddle Dee*  
Pit  
Dark Pit  
Palutena  
Fox  
Falco  
Wolf*  
Krystal*  
Captain Falcon  
Olimar  
Marth  
Lucina  
Ike  
Roy*  
Byleth  
New Fire Emblem Rep  
New Fire Emblem Rep*  
Ness  
Lucas*  
Samus  
Dark Samus  
Zero Suit Samus  
Ridley  
Ice Climbers  
Mr. Game & Watch  
Villager  
Isabelle*  
R.O.B.  
Wii Fit Trainer  
Little Mac  
Shulk  
Duck Hunt  
Spring Man  
Ribbon Girl  
Min Min  
Ninjara*  
Inkling  
Ninjala Rep  
Mii Fighters  
Fighters Pass Character 7, no matter who they are*  
Sonic  
Pac-Man  
Mega Man  
Ryu*  
Ken*  
Bayonetta*  
Terry*  
Sable Prince*  
Takamaru  
Dillon  
Gordon Freeman*  
Akira (Astral Chain)  
Fallout 5 Protagonist*  
Zinnia*  
Isaac*  
Isaac*  
Isaac Clarke*  
Pockle*  
Vyse*  
Mag Launcher*  
Lloyd Irving*  
Klonoa*  
Ty*  
Spyro*  
Crash Bandicoot*  
Cuphead*  
Sans*  
The protagonist of the new IP released the same month as Smash*

*DLC

EDIT: All returning “DLC” characters except Wolf, Roy and Bayonetta, plus newcomer Sable Prince, will be added via free updates. The order of the remaining DLC characters is as follows:  
Bayonetta  
Roy  
Wolf  
Bandanna Waddle Dee  
New Fire Emblem Rep  
Tingle and Toy Link as a double deal  
Isaac  
Gordon Freeman  
Fallout 5 Protagonist  
Isaac  
Crash Bandicoot  
Lloyd Irving  
Klonoa  
Ninjara  
Pockle  
Vyse  
Spyro  
Isaac Clarke  
Generation 10 Stage 3 Starter  
Sans  
Cuphead  
Mag Launcher  
The protagonist of the new IP released the same month as Smash  
Krystal  
Ty  
Zinnia
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@igotnopicks  
Hackers discovered data in the code for SSB for 3DS, and WiiU (I still consider them separate games, rather then “SSB4,” as does Sakurai whom considers them “SSB4 & SSB5”) for Wolf that suggested he was considered to be DLC, but never happened.

Shame, as I’m a Wolf O’Donnel fan… (Yes, that’s his official last name.) Even back when I was playing Star Fox 64 as a kid, I’d quote his hammy lines, and flipped out when he cameo’d in Melee’s intro. Which gave me (false) hopes he was a playable unlockable character. (Didn’t even get a trophy.) I was kinda disapointed Melee had Falco instead.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@igotnopicks  
I like Falco, (“Hey, Einstein/genius I’m on your side!”) but Star Wolf (“Can’t let you do that”) is cooler IMO.

Imagine if Slippy Toad (“Help me!”) was playable. lol
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@igotnopicks  
I’d main Slippy. lol

Y’know, there’s actually some whom are ridiculously good with the “joke/weak” fighters like Jigglypuff, and Pichu.  
In fact. embarrassingly. when I tried to defeat/unlock Pichu with Ridley, (SSBU) I totally got my ass kicked. They actually kinda buffed Pichu in SSBU.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Random-Rambling  
That’s how it is with alot of StarFox characters. Some even have their species in their first name like “Katt Monroe,” or “Pigma Dengar.”  
Some don’t even have their species mentioned at all, like “Bill Grey,” or “Andrew Oikonny.”

In fact, SF characters are the few Nintendo characters that have last names. (Apparently, the “Mario Brothers” last name being “Mario” isn’t canon anymore, or was never canon in Japan.)

@igotnopicks  
Good point. A smaller target is harder to hit with a huge character.
Random-Rambling
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@Beau Skunky

“Kong” might be a family name: Donkey Kong, Diddy and Dixie Kong, Funky Kong, “Cranky” Kong, etc.

Samus Aran is a full name (kinda surprised I haven’t seen fanart of Samus Aran wearing an aran sweater)

Zelda kind of has an excuse, since royalty don’t usually have last names (seriously, what’s Queen Elizabeth’s last name? What do Princes William and Harry write on their forms?)

And speaking of Mario Brothers, are Wario and Waluigi related?
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Background Pony #8DE9  
According to Charles Martinet (their voice) he likes to think of them as good bad friends.

Melee’s trophy even admits Waluigi’s relation to Wario is unknown.

@Random-Rambling  
“King Bowser Koopa,” and the Koopalings’ (Larry Koopa, Wendy O’Koopa, Morton Koopa Jr. ect.) might count, as well.  
There’s “Princess Peach Toadstool” too, but “Toadstool” was abandoned after SM64.

Maybe King K. Rool, though his designer admitted the K. doesn’t stand for anything, and was just to make him sound “more dignified/important” then he actually is, and for the pun.
Shyette
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Yuri (NSFW)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

I want coffiee
So remember the Fighting Alloy Team? I think I brought it up before but I’d like a new version in my fics, but I can’t make up my mind on who two of them should be. I would like them to be a Brawler, Swordsmen, Gunner, and include the mage I think they should have included in Mii Fighters with a fifth.

Red: Captian Falcon  
Blue: Zero Suit Samus  
Yellow: Ike  
Green: Palutina: She might be too powerful but the only other Mage is Zelda and using her never sat right with me.  
Violet: I don’t know I keep going back to Wii Fit Trainer but that could be because of how much I like her.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide