Super Smash Bros General Thread

bg poni
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Beau Skunky  
I’m not saying most of the fighting game community or Smash community is pedos, just that a very noticeable number of them have been revealed to be. Most of them are still great and have been supporting the victims of the predators that did these things. The fact that the community is undergoing this purging means the community now is actually in a better, safer place than it has ever been. It’ll be a bit smaller, but a smaller safer community will be better than a larger community with a seedy underbelly hiding god knows what in the hotel rooms at tourney venues.  
It’s now on the people left to take care of the kids that still want to go to tourneys, and making sure they understand that these community members that they might have liked were wrong and to not follow in their footsteps or idolize them.

Zero’s story I think highlights best how tragic this entire thing is. Long story short, Zero saw his mother beaten to within an inch of her life by his father when he was little, was raped in a school bathroom by an older boy, then moved to USA into a house filled with Smash community members that we now know were predators themselves. He was a victim of abuse and went on to abuse others because almost every adult around him was giving him the impression it was okay. It’s a cycle of abuse, but everyone left is making damn sure it ends now. The kids like Puppeh (sex with commentator Cinnpie when he was 14 and she was 24) and CaptainZach (sex with Nairo when he was 15 and Nairo was 20) are people who the community want to ensure don’t go on to abuse others, and that the cycle ends with them.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
AFAIK there are two main reasons pedophilia has been a concern in recent years:  
  1. We’re a lot more open about sex, which is good.  
  2. We’re a lot more open about sex, which is bad.
Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@bg poni

Jesus Christ, that’s fucked up. Mew2king’s story is almost as bad.

Some shithead spread a rumor that he masturbates while watching people sleep. The Twitter mob, as they like to do, immediately rip him apart. M2K fires back on stream, saying that he would NEVER do that, and do you know why? His doctor fucked up his circumcision, permanently damaging his penis. He can’t even get hard, let alone masturbate, without extreme pain.

M2K was forced to reveal this personal, private, and embarrassing fact just to stop the Twitter mob from eating him alive.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@bg poni

Yeah, that’s basically exactly what this take is, this 40 second Twitch clip.

It doesn’t absolve, excuse him of anything, but you can help explain the “whys” of the mindset, the people he’s been influenced by at the very least didn’t help.

ZeRo’s first statement in hindsight is horrible, when you take everything into account, between his subsequent statements, and that it proved nothing truthfully. The mask slipped, and it’s now clear it was just a transparent manipulation attempt, the first one.

I will say I regret not believing Jisu, and that I think this most recent (posted on today, July 5th) statement of hers is important.

(I’ll also say that Leffen, for whatever faults he’s had, has had some great takes throughout this, including on not to idolize people, himself included)

@Random-Rambling

Yeah, poor M2K.
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
@Beau Skunky  
This is getting too complicated.  
Anyway my point was it’s stupid to label a fandom as pedo’s because some of them are when pretty much every fandom will have at least one
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
Yeah, I remember a certain popular brony critic got shunned out of the brony fandom, because he was creeping on underage MLP fans.

Considering the brony fandom always gets stereotyped as creepy/pedos, and such it seems very wrong to see bronies trying to stereotype other fandoms that way too.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

(I should note, regarding what Jisu said, with Vanessa [ZeRo’s GF], she denied those things/rumors that were mentioned regarding her, her age when they started dating, or whatever [forget if there was other aspects], so they’re unsubstantiated, therefore Jisu should apologize for bringing her up without permission, without asking her first. Everything else in that recent post of Jisu’s still stands though.)

@Random-Rambling

Yeah, that’s really rough.

I’m an Aspie too, and I’m sure I can come across as weird in social interactions, at times; hell, come to think of it, I have kinda done that before in my teenage years, creeped/weirded an acquaintance out in a public setting by say, being in their vicinity without saying anything, regularly, because I’m interested in hearing what they say to others, or something, so I can pipe in with something I found interesting when it comes up, kinda try to inject myself as a third wheel? hmm… (I don’t have the highest confidence I remember exactly how it went, since it’s been like, five years at least, but either way, I sincerely regret that kind of thing happening, on multiple levels. If I had more social awareness, that could’ve been avoided).

In any case, I really didn’t mean any harm by it. I’m not exactly sure how M2K handled himself, but I definitely understand how you can rub someone the wrong way without meaning anything by it, without trying, because I’ve been there, done that, even if it would be on a lesser scale for me, since I don’t have any fame.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@igotnopicks

Technically, the allegations haven’t come out yet, but I’m hoping he’s being genuine in being willing to stand by taking accountability, for the things he’s done in the past.

If he’s truly genuine in this and the aforementioned tweet, I can definitely respect that.

I’m hoping he genuinely feels remorse for what he’s done in the past, and is willing to change as a person.

(if these are things on the level of “harassment via flirting that went too far, and being kinda oblivious to how far he was going, having had skewed boundaries,” as opposed to “Hbox was grooming minors/sexually assaulted someone,” I think that’s more forgiveable, than some of the other things people have done.)

…and fuck Cinnpie, for a name I think has been mentioned once, according to a forum post search on this site. I’ve seen videos where she was too touchy with Puppeh, at multiple points. It’s disgusting.
Random-Rambling
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@AC97

There’s levels to this.

There’s absolute shitheads like Cinnpie or RelaxAlax (who raped his girlfriend, but managed to slip through the cracks and avoid judgement for a year now)

People who have done terrible things, but are also victims caught in a cycle of abuse, like ZeRo.

People who have done bad things, but not particularly terrible things (Hungrybox flirting went way too far, but AFAIK no pedophilia or even consensual sex ever happened, though this does technically count as cheating on his girlfriend)

And people who are innocent, but got dragged into this whole mess, like Mew2King.
igotnopicks
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@Red-Supernova  
Knew something fishy about him. I just didn’t know it was that either.

But yeah so far the only ones that have escaped from the Smash contravesy entirely are Alpharad,Little Z(and his friends),Chocotpus, and Introspektive.  
It would seem like all of them are avoiding it all together.
Random-Rambling
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@Random-Rambling
Whoa, whoa, whoa, RelaxAlax raped his girlfriend?!
@Red-Supernova
Knew something fishy about him. I just didn’t know it was that either.
But yeah so far the only ones that have escaped from the Smash contravesy entirely are Alpharad,Little Z(and his friends),Chocotpus, and Introspektive.
It would seem like all of them are avoiding it all together.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
I don’t know whom any of these names are, I guess I just don’t care for the competitive scene, but I hope the guilty parties get busted for their disgusting behavior.

I just hope this doesn’t start a stigma in the gamer community, nor give SSB/Fighting game fans a bad rep’.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide