Super Smash Bros General Thread

Kazapsky
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Five scoops of ice cream
@Wiimeiser

76-80 is already covered by the first DLC season.

Also, if you’re going to put Dante on your wishlist, be sure to specify which version of Dante you’re looking for. Same goes for Spyro or any other character that’s been through one or more reboots.
Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@Kazapsky

And also the exact appearance.

Ken, Simon, and Pac-Man all had “ugly/weird/off” appearances at one point, but thankfully, the Smash Team chose the most loved/most iconic appearance for each.
Background Pony #D5E8
Apparentely the same source who anticipated Byleth as fifth DLC character said that Crash Bandicoot will be the next one. If that’s true, there’s only one place where it can be announced, I think you know what I’m talking about. See ya in June.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@TGM/Glim(TheGlimMaster)  
I’ll be surprised if they go that high.

@Random-Rambling  
They also went with the NES classic style for Megaman, and the “Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes” GameCube version of Solid Snake.

The only character that uses it’s more controversial modernized look is Sonic, but some of his animations, and sound effects are nods to the classic games. (Like his “tetering near edge of cliff” animation, and his “figure-8” Sonic CD running & taunt animation.)

Surprised there isn’t much demand for a “Classic Sonic” swap for SSB. (Like the Olimar/Alph swaps.) While I have nothing against the modern Sonic look, that’d still be a cool costume swap. (Or maybe Metal Sonic instead.)  
After all, we got Dark Link, Blood Falcon, the Koopalings, the gender swaps, and such.
Background Pony #D5E8
@Beau Skunky

I guess it’s because Classic Sonic is smaller than Modern Sonic. It would be the exact equivalent of Link-Toon Link.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@The Equestrian Zodiac  
@Background Pony #14DA  
Yeah, I guess his smaller hitbox would make him more like an echo fighter, and I think Sonic fans would rather have a different Sonic character.

Shadow was still oddly a popular choice, (sure older “Classic” Sonic fans loathe him, but younger fans still love him) but sense he’s already in as an assist, he’s unlikely until the next SSB game on the next Nintendo console. Knuckles is also an assist, so Tails seems to be the most likely Sonic candidate.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@The Equestrian Zodiac

Why do people keep saying this? There’s no evidence for that. Remember how Mewtwo and Lucas were trophies in Smash 4 but they became DLC fighters and then got separate fighter trophies in addition to the ones they already had?
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Jarkes  
Good point. Not to mention, you can even purchase (with the fake in-game money, that is) fighter spirits without having to play the single player game to get them.
Jarkes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Beau Skunky

Yup. You also outright HAVE to do this for the “alternate” Fighter Spirits (like for Pokemon Trainer, the Koopalings, Corrin, Robin, etc.).
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
I mean, hell, right from the start there was a regular Pirahna Plant spirit in addition to the Fighter Spirit for it.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
I hate how people keep putting this arbitrary non-existent “rules” for what makes a character viable to be added into the game. Literally the ONLY actual, legit “rule” is “must be a video game character.”
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide