Super Smash Bros General Thread

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
Admittedly, the intro video was impressive, and nice they made fun of the “too many sworders” fan drama.

@Miss Shy  
The reactions of mad people on twitter is infinitely more pleasing to me than seeing Dante in.

Hope Sakurai is taking it in stride… Heck, if he always listened to angry fans, (which some fans oddly want) we wouldn’t have Li’l Mac from “Punch-Out,” because back when he was first announced, Japanese SSB fans were actually quite upset.

In fact, many SSB characters popular with Americans like Sonic, the Star Fox characters, and the Metroid characters aren’t very popular in Japan, seeing as those games aren’t popular there, while Fire Emblem is ridiculously popular there instead. (Yet, more niche in America.)

@09MurphyM  
It was interesting how Sakurai talked about whether or not Smash is a fighting game and even discussed how Street fighter 2 has had multiple releases.

That was interesting, as well.
igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@Beau Skunky  
Yeah but no body really wanted another Fire Emblem Character for a while and if we were gonna get one it wasn’t gonna be Blythe. The smash community would have welcomed Edelgard with better praise.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Beau Skunky

Honestly, that actually is one of my biggest disappointments with Ultimate: not enough new stages. And frankly there are some stages I would have rather had return than others. In particular I much would have rather had PAC-MAZE rather than PAC-LAND, since I hate autoscrolling stages with a passion.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Jarkes  
I think Pac-Land has more variety, (I like autoscrolling stages lol) but Pac-Maze would’ve been cool too, as it’s more iconic, and the dots & power pellets were handy. (Sonic got two stages, so why not Pac-Man?)

In fact, would’ve been nice to have Rainbow Road too.

I also prefer the bigger Sector Z Great Fox stage over Cornaria, I’m curious why they keep ignoring in favor of Cornaria.

@Prince Areo  
Don’t forget Cuphead & Rabbids.

I still think we should try to raise support for Bonk the caveboy.
Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
I’m conflicted.

Hating on a character/game/etc. is bad. But how bad, really? How much backlash is required to keep something from becoming genuine crap?
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Chippin’ In
@Random-Rambling  
Honestly, people would’ve been mad no matter who the new character was, just by the sheer dint of not being the character that they wanted. And adding a character from a franchise that a lot of the community already looks down on only makes it worse in their eyes.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Random-Rambling  
@WyrmSpawN  
Hate & negativeity doesn’t always help though. There’s a difference between constructive negative-critique, and bashing/mindless-hatred, as well.

No amount of bashing is going to get Waluigi in instead. (Sakurai didn’t deserve all the Twitter hate over Waluigi not getting in.)

@Silent_Witness  
And adding a character from a franchise that a lot of the community already looks down on only makes it worse in their eyes.

That’s debatable, as Fire Emblem has a pretty good fan-following, especially in Japan.
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Chippin’ In
@Beau Skunky  
That is true, but I feel my original point stands. Remember how upset some people were when the Hero got in? Or Terry Bogard? Just because they weren’t Waluigi or Geno, or another character they felt deserves to be in Smash more?
09MurphyM

I wonder what the chances are that we would see another Final Fantasy character, especially since sakurai showed that he is not afraid to use games from franchises that already have representation in Smash.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Silent_Witness  
What about the people whom wanted them, as well? When it was leaked SNK was credited in SSB, many actually wanted Terry. Nobody requested Joker, yet now he’s become a SSB favorite. So even obscure “surprise fighters” can be nice too. (How many SSB Melee ffans knew who the Ice Climbers were before playing Melee? Not to mention, fans were upset they were excluded from the WiiU/3DS games.)  
As I said before, I actually love many of the “WTF” characters.

It’s debatable whom deserves to be in SSB more, as well as whom can actually work in SSB, among other factors. At least, the new DLC characters bring some new gameplay features, and the new FE character, at least does more then use a sword, or be another Marth echo.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@09MurphyM  
Probably, but with 6 more characters (possibly more) you never know what they planning.

In regards to the Grinch leak, I think Mach Rider would be cool as a WTF character, but not sure how he could use his combat machine-gun motorbike in-game. Excitebike was considered for Melee, but excluded, because they couldn’t think of a good way to make him jump.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Prince Areo  
Me too, let’s start a “get Bonk in SSB” movement. :P

Kinda surprised he’s hardly gotten any requests, though I guess after the ‘90s & Wii era, (and the unfortunate cancellation of his revival download game) he’s fallen into obscurity.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide