Super Smash Bros General Thread

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
Would be cool if they had all the Hero variants. Or the new BOTW Link, ALBW Zelda, & OOT Ganondorf in SSBU.

In fact, if it wasn’t for Amiibo becoming more niché nowadays, I wouldn’t of minded them doing a “Series 2” of all the new SSBU official render poses, but I guess redoing 80 characters isn’t something Nintendo wants to do.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
@Beau Skunky  
I desperately want ALBW Zelda Amiibo, she is my most favorite version of Zelda and deserves to have one not to mention the actual lack of Zelda Amiibo to begin with.
igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@Dr_Osaka  
Lack of Zelda amiibo.

LOL

Doesn’t know how many Zelda Amiibo there are.  
TP:2  
MM:1  
Smash:5  
SS:1  
OOT:1  
BoTw:8  
WW:2  
Overall that is 20 different from Zelda.

And that’s not counting 2 others. The 8 bit Link and Toy Link.  
Overall that is 22 different amiibo from Zelda.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dr_Osaka  
Yeah, she’s by far the most cheerful, and adorable looking Zelda. Not like those frowning, emo Zeldas.

@igotnopicks  
Maybe he means Princess Zelda herself, whom only has 3. (SSB Zelda, Toon Zelda, and BotW Zelda.) Though that’s still more Amiibo figurines then most other Nintendo characters.

@igotnopicks  
@Beau Skunky
Don’t forget about Female Byleth Amiibo being cancelled.

I hope that wasn’t due to all the “Byleth drama.” Sometimes the fanbase are why we can’t have nice things.
Dr_Osaka
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
@Beau Skunky  
Personally I would be fine with Amiibo for OoT and SS Zeldas since I like those two, and I would be very happy to have HW Zelda cause she’s my most favorite just under ALBW.
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Beau Skunky  
I can understand not remaking characters to match their SSBU render poses but the character who have had total wardrobe/appearance makeovers should have gotten Amiibos. I’m too much of a traditionalist to give my base Smash Bros Amiibos any alternate skins that don’t represent the Amiibo they resemble which puts my SSB Link Amiibo in an odd middle ground where the only way he can wear his classic outfit is through an alternate skin. I would be done for those Zelda Amiibos being made along with Path of Radiance Ike, Male Wii Fit Trainer, female Robin, the Koopalings (but that might be overkill), Joker’s student uniform and the other Dragon Quest Heroes. I know Inkling Boy and Winter Outfit Isabelle exist as part of their series Amiibos if I want to represent them among my Amiibo fighters.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Red-Supernova  
Yeah, some of the characters barely resemble their Amiibo counterparts now, so a few updated ones wouldn’t hurt.  
Sadly, not likely to happen, sense Amiibo’s popularity went down, and due to the “AC: Amiibo Festival/Return of Samus” Amiibo drama from angry fans, Nintendo is now afraid to utilize them in games more, or make more series of them, because they don’t wanna look “greedy,” or anything.

(I still think the “Amiibo Festival” drama was overblown, because despite it requiring Amiibo to play, the game came with 2 free Amiibo, and several Amiibo cards, so you weren’t really required to buy more, unless you had 4 players somehow dying to play the game, not to mention, the AC series Amiibo were cheaper. Admittedly, they probably should’ve sold the game cheaper, or offer it as a free download to avoid drama.)  
Fans wanted to teach Nintendo a “lesson” about requiring Amiibo for games, but it looks like now they just made Nintendo almost afraid to make new Amiibo for anything outside SSB at all.  
Another case of we can’t have nice things.

In fact, Amiibo are so niché now, most of my local stores rarely carry them, (only new one I saw was Pichu months back) Regardless, they still seem to sell out alot, so there’s still some fans out there, but unfortunately that makes them even harder to find. Now they’re mostly regulated to online retailers, Best Buy, and game stores. (So gone are the days of getting Amiibo cheaper then their MSRP.)

Though, with Monster Hunter, and Cat Mario/Peach, maybe they’re getting over that a bit, but I imagine those are going to be pretty limited/rare too.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@igotnopicks  
Actually not true. as sense Brawl, they changed his down+Smash from a back-and-fourth spindash, into a splits kick. They also added a kick to his running dash attack, (which in Brawl was another spin attack) added a target recticle to his Homing Attack special, and made other minor tweaks too.  
Not to mention, they updated his voice, and sadly got rid of the “You’re too slow” line, because so many players spammed it to the point most SSB fans found the line too annoying.
Shyette
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Yuri (NSFW)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

I want coffiee
I got it!

Waluigi’s FS, should be he makes the others play bootlgea of there own games where he’s the main charater.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide