Super Smash Bros General Thread

Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
I honestly don’t mind waiting, but I am VERY curious to know who the fighter from ARMS is going to be, and how Nintendo will announce the other 5 characters what with this whole pandemic thing.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Random-Rambling  
Considering some fans are being a bit “Hoh-hum” about having a niché character/series come to SSB, (wouldn’t be the first, in fact SSB, helped popularize niché, old, or obscure series) it’d be funny if they announced the second character this summer too, and show them Sakurai still knows what he’s doing.

Frankly, I’m a li’l disapointed they didn’t put an “ARMS” character in the first place, but understandably they’ve been working on like 80+ characters for years now… According to Sakurai, on average, it takes an entire year just to make one new fighter, from planning stage, to animating, to bug testing, to releasing. Alot actually goes into making DLC characters too.

Regardless, what many ignorant fans claim, no matter how “similar” characters may seem to previous games, according to Sakurai they always remake returning characters from scratch, (in fact, that’s usually how Nintendo does their remakes, like “Super Mario All-Stars,” and “Ocarina of Time 3D,” and such) they don’t somehow “port” all their data from the previous game, and if you look at comparison videos there are many differences between them in Ultimate, WiiU, 3DS, Brawl, ect.

They’re just that good at remaking stuff, that they easily trick players into thinking they just “lazily port things.”
bg poni
Economist -

@Random-Rambling  
It’s going to be interesting literally no matter who it is. If it’s Spring Man, the Smash community has to shove the “Assist Trophies/Spirits deconfirm” rule up their arse. If it’s not Spring Man, they have to shove the “The first rep for a new franchise must be the main character” rule up their arse AND possibly the “Spirits deconfirm” rule if it’s Min-Min for example. The door will be opened for characters previously thought to be out the running. Either way, I hope people who come up with these rules have the lube ready.

Initially, I guessed the December 2021 date for finishing the pass was a overly-safe provisional date, just in case. Turns out, we are indeed in the case.
09MurphyM

@bg poni  
I don’t know why people are so focused on the 5 arms characters already in the game as spirits and not the other characters that are not in the game at all.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@bg poni  
I honestly still think it’s going to be a completely new character, whom will be added to “ARMS” as DLC too, as they probably need to make a new one to better fit the SSB style of gameplay. I assume that’s why they’re keeping the character secret, to surprise everybody.

If it’s not Spring Man, they have to shove the “The first rep for a new franchise must be the main character” rule up their arse

In fairness, Ness from EarthBound/Mother 2 already kinda debunked that “requirement.”  
And when you think about it, we no longer have the original traditional adult Link in the game, seeing as “Breath” Link has different gadgets, (probably to upgrade, and differ him from Young & Toon Link more) lacks the hookshot, looks differently, (even in the “classic green tunic” outfit) and plays a bit differently then TP Link from the last few SSB games.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@igotnopicks  
Yeah, but my point was he was not the original/first EarthBound/Mother series hero, Ninten from EarthBound Beginnings/Zero was.  
Ness is from the SNES sequel, which was the most recent game when the first SSB game came out. (It was even stated had “EarthBound 64” been released as planned, Lucus might’ve replaced Ness in “Melee.”)

Marth was the first Fire Emblem series main hero, though, Roy was from a GBA game, not even out in Japan, when Melee first released there. Meanwhile, Cloud is from the seventh FF game, (but the first 3D one) and such. So the first incarnation of a series isn’t always included.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Beau Skunky

And the only reason Roy’s game wasn’t out yet was because it was delayed for reasons I’m still not sure about (I can’t find any information as to why exactly it was delayed).
bg poni
Economist -

@igotnopicks  
@09MurphyM  
My understanding is that the Arms Community would really like Brass or Coyle, but expect Min-Min because she won some Party Crash Bash tourney to determine the most popular/best character in the game. I haven’t seen anyone actually want Spring Man himself though, because he’s the most vanilla person on the roster.

@Beau Skunky  
The “first character” rule generally related to the main character of their own game, if it’s a franchise where the MC changes between pretty much every game. So Joker is the MC of Persona 5, but obviously not the entire Persona series, even though there are recurring characters. Same with Mother/FF/Zelda/Castlevania etc.. It’s like Globox getting in before Rayman, or N. Cortex instead of Crash Bandicoot.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@bg poni  
Oh, that’s what you meant? Sorry, I misunderstood.

@Jarkes  
I remember many fans got upset that Roy didn’t come back for Brawl. (Granted, his firey sword attacks set him apart from Marth & Lucino more, I always kinda prefered him too.) Which kinda makes the recent “Too many FE/sworder fighters!” complaints a bit ironic.

In regards to that, nobody ever complains about the large amount of gunner-weapon characters, or characters that use firey attacks, or are fire elemental. Even Mario & Luigi use fire. (Lucus & Ice Climbers are the only characters that use ice elemental attacks)

I speculate one of the new DLC SSB characters will be a new Pokémon rep’ from Sword/Shield, and that kinda makes me curious which one would be suitable, or if we should get a new elemental type. We already have Fire, Water, Electric, Fighter, Psychic, (or a mix of 2 of those) and even one plant one. Should we get a new type?
igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@Beau Skunky  
Still Cloud is the main protagonist of FFVII, And Ness is the main protag of his game.

In Arms the main protagonist is Spring Man? So he is lame.

There are 15 character in Arms to choose from.

Dr. Coyle is the antagonist. Helix is weirdo. And Springtron would be a Spring Man.

Besides Spring Man we got Ribbon Girl(who has more personality but she has like 5 jumps) So essentially she is Jigglypuff.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@igotnopicks  
I’m not even sure “ARMS” really has a “main” character, Spring Man, & Ribbon Girl are just usually the most advertised ones. Though, the others seem more popular with fans. I remember even seeing MyNintendo offering wallpapers of other characters like the noodle girl.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@igotnopicks  
She’s pretty cool, but I think I prefer the nerdy mech girl.

“ARMS” is actually a pretty well received game, it won an award, (nominated for others too) sold over 2-million copies, got good reviews, and some consider it a spiritual-successor to “Punch-Out.” So honestly, as I said I’m surprised it took so long to bring it to SSBU. It’s not exactly obscure like “Pilotwings.”  
Kinda wish they’d make a new one of that too, and I love the SSB stage. It’s nice even series that can’t be in as a fighter, can still be included for a stage. …We need an “Excitebike” stage, I say.)

Surprised they still don’t have a “Gyromite/Stack-up” stage for ROB, but I guess they don’t want too many flat 8-bit 2D stages.
igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@Beau Skunky  
There are a couple characters that are unique ability that would make the transition easier.

Twintelle:Think Bayo time stop and Hover.  
Min Min:Uses her legs for some attacks.(Mainly her throws.)  
Ribbon Girl:Multiple jumps(Jiggly puff) but is a fast faller.  
These are the first three that I would put down.

Mechinca:Float(so a Heavy Peach).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide