Miraculous Ladybug General [SFW, No Explicit/Grimdark]

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Spoilers on the latest 2 S3 episodes.

I love the fact that Chloe resisted Akumatization. That’s awesome. And Alix being a future (teehee) kwami user is great. Hoping Juleka becomes one too.
Background Pony #EDDC
Possible spoiler?  
it seems there is now a Canon Lady Noir and Mister Bug  
as they accidently swap powers… after arguing of who has it easier when fighting Akuma
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Background Pony #667C

It was great.

Well except for the part where, again, Marinette is the competent one and Adrien is playing catch-up. They’re supposed to be equals but time and again we see that Chat Noir is the sidekick.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Vivace

Viperion? Eh, I’m willing to let that one slide since both Ladybug and Chat were shown to struggle until Viperion finally found a solution.
Background Pony #EDDC
@Dustcan  
agreed, its part of why I don’t like the show, the other part being how overtly formula the episodes are.

about… 60-40.

we need a good show with a proper hero and villains setup. Curse you PC bullcrap!
Vivace
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@Dustcan  
I mean, Adrien using the snake miraculous to hide that he’s Chat Noir proves a total disaster. He inherited his father’s habit of failing the same thing too many times before changing plans. Although, someone put the relegation of Chat as sidekick rather than full partner as setup for Chat Blanc later on, so if that’s the case, it’s more forgivable, if not necessary from a writing standpoint. Besides that, Marinette really hammered in that this was an idiot plot.
Tirek
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

I just finished the last missing episode of season 3. For some reasons, the episodes aren’t aired in order (the final was aired a few weeks ago) but with the last two episodes Chat Blanc and Felix, we have many more questions instead of answers

Don’t read if you don’t want to see spoilersLadybug and Hawkmoth got killed in one episode and we might have seen the future Hawkmoth. It’s not Lila. She’s now more fitting for being the next Mayura  
and Chloé…is back being a bitch
Background Pony #2204
@Tirek

Yeah, about Chat Blanc….

As much I loved it, it made me realizing a very sad truth about the show…. I’ll start with a premise: I’ve always thought that once the reveal would have happened, the show would have received a shake up to the status quo and the dynamics would have changed radically for the subsequent episodes…. but I was wrong. The alternate dark timeline seen in this episode, made it clear that once they’ll know their identities Marinette and Adrien will live happily together as a lovely couple (althought in order to make it work without consequences, they have first to take down the current Hawk Moth, or otherwise a catastrophe could happen, but this is another detail). This… this made me understand that the reveal will be the end of the entire series. And even thought in the future Ladybug and Chat Noir will still fight together another Hawk Moth, possibly knowing their identities this time, I highly doubt they’d go with a sequel show with them adults fighting a new Hawk Moth.

In other words: the reveal will happen in… the series finale of the show…. So we have to just accept the fact that the show will mantain the same structure for its whole lenght until the very end of it…. I’m sorry, but if this is how things are gonna go, then I wish for the series to end the sooner as possible. You saw what happened with a ton of shows that lasted too long while keeping their structure the same, and I don’t want to see this one becoming over stagnant with the time. If the show could end at the S5 and/or the Movie, then I think it will be just for the best. And I really want Adrien and Marinette having their happy ending so if shortening the series is the best way to do it as soon as possible without risking the show becoming bad, then so be it.

I said what I wanted to say it, feel free to say whatever you want…

I guess there will never be another show like My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, that isn’t afraid to make big changes to its status quo, ever again….
Tirek
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

@Background Pony #2ECA  
You’re right on many aspects.  
Yes, Ladybug is a good show but despite having a storyline it follows, there won’t be any unexpected changes. From the beginning we knew that there are more miraculous and in some way, they already gave hints on who will get one: All the friends of the main characters

The ending of season 3 was big but it wasn’t really surprising since they already hinted that Master Fu will leave the show sooner or later. Ladybug always was and will be a typical predictable show but it’s still one of the few good ones

yep, MLP:FiM wasn’t afraid of making big changes and except for season 9, most of those changes had been surprising and turned out good. Only season 9 ended as a like a cartoon following all the stereotypes (bad guys dead/captured, the main hero becomes the leader, the leaders are being killed off/retired for no reason)

I will give G5 a chance but I doubt it will be better than G4
wrath_loveira
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Naruko
Do any of you think the show is not the same anymore? I mean, the narrative has improved, I personally love the new relevant characters and the plot, but still, I feel that the focus of the show has completely changed to a more generic one ¿What are your thoughts?
Background Pony #18D0
I’ve been thinking of beginning to binge on this show on Netflix at some point, maybe after I finish with Avatar and The Legend of Korra.
Latecomer

Kwami/Miraculous questions for folks who actually watch the episodes. I know the show likes to drop the reveals a lot, but as of current info:

Is it implied that all kwamis can use their Miraculous’s signature superpower, but on a large scale without any control?

How far have kwamis been seen travelling from their Miraculous holder? Is their any indication of a limit, or an invisible leash? How much does distance prevent the holder from commanding the kwami, or transforming?

Is there any indication that the spell preventing kwamis from naming their Miraculous holders prevents anything less direct than saying their names outright? Is there any indication it doesn’t?

Is there any indication that kwamis have to tell their owners how the Miraculous work, unless ordered to? Are they obligated to communicate with them at all unless ordered to? (It’s already known they can lie to them if not under orders - but can they answer questions falsely?)

Is it possible to transform with a Miraculous without knowing it’s kwami’s name?
Vivace
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@Latecomer

Is it implied that all kwamis can use their Miraculous’s signature superpower, but on a large scale without any control? I don’t think so.

How far have kwamis been seen traveling from their Miraculous holder? Is their any indication of a limit, or an invisible leash? How much does distance prevent the holder from commanding the kwami, or transforming? Doesn’t seem to be an invisible leash, but outside the presence of the kwami, the Miraculous holder is powerless.

Is it possible to transform with a Miraculous without knowing it’s kwami’s name? Nope. Each transformation phrase includes the kwami’s name.
Latecomer

@Vivace

Is Plagg a special case, then?

And I’m guessing “presence” means they have to be pretty close. Though I suppose you could do an “emergency recall” by renouncing and then reclaiming your Mircaulous?
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Latecomer

I’m not sure how hard-fast these rules are, but from what I gathered:

1. We’ve only seen Plagg use his Cataclysm on a far greater and casual scale than Cat Noir, but I think it’s safe to say that all kwamis are capable of using their powers without a host. Kwami are personifications of concepts, and miraculouses were created later to allow them to bond to human partners.

2. We’ve seen Plagg and Tikki fly across Paris without so much as telling Adrien or Marinette, and by extension one of the Peacock’s sentimonsters was preserved in a whole other nation for hundreds of years, so I assume there’s not really a limit on distance. I think a few episodes had Tikki and Plagg needing to reunite with their owners before they transform even if Marinette and Adrien already had their miraculouses, so I guess there is a need for proximity to trigger a transformation.

3. Not really either way. There’s definitely a geas preventing them from saying it out loud when someone can hear it, but none of them has tried to disobey or skirt around that limitation to test the limits. For what it’s worth Plagg has gotten pretty coy about admitting that Marinette is Ladybug just out of earshot of Adrien, and Tikki has dropped some very obtuse hints directly to Marinette when the latter is gushing about Adrien at the expense of Cat Noir that they are one and the same, so I don’t think there’s anything preventing indirectly revealing identities. The kwami are just respecting the rules.

4. I’m guessing there isn’t. Master Fu made a big deal about Hawk Moth experimenting with his powers, and I would suspect Nooroo wouldn’t have had a problem explaining some of the more esoteric uses of his ability, so I imagine it’s mostly up to the kwami’s discretion. On the other hand Liiri did blurt out how her power worked right to Gabriel, but it’s not clear if she had no choice or if despite her visible fear of him she still thought it worth while to tell her prospective new owner.

5. The third season finale heavily leans toward no. Chloe tried to force several kwami to transform her, but everyone of them refused on account of (amongst other reasons) she didn’t know their names. So it seems you do need to know their names and activation command.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide