Metroid series discussion

Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
@Beau Skunky  
I’d hardly call NSO a re-release. They’re a large handful of two consoles that you pay a yearly fee to be able to access. And they keep drip feeding. That’s what gets me. And the selection is a lot smaller than VC. They barely even do official rereleases either. Super Metroid has only ever been released again on VC and now NSO. Emulation really doesn’t hurt their bottom line because most of their profits come from current gen games, like Mario Kart 8 deluxe or Splatoon 2. And man, I just wanna play Metroid Fusion on my Switch.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Mikey  
Still counts as an official rerelease even if it is a yearly service.  
Yeah, but I’m just saying there’s nothing wrong with paying for the official releases, and I tire of some actually shaming people for that. Like the nerds mocking people for buying the SNES Classic, and such.  
And emulation is technically a mild form of piracy, as much as we try to deny it. Though, it has helped game preservation, and allowed access to games unlikely to get a rerelease, (whether due to obscurity, hardware issues, or legal licensing issues) so I can’t deny that classic game emulation sharing has done some good. It probably even helped encourage the creation of services like Virtual Console. So it probably helped the retro game market too.

And yeah, I’d wish they’d bring us GBA games (and N64 and GameCube) whether individual Eshop/VC releases, (with a NSO subscriber, or WiiU purchase discount) or on NSO.

I think we’re kinda getting off topic, as I kinda wanna go back to just discussing the Metroid series, not debating about Nintendo’s business practices, or emulation issues, and such.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
Guess, I’ll revive the thread.
So anyone got Metroid Dread yet?
My store was sold out, so I have to wait a week to get it, I’ll see if I can get it soon.
Apparently, fans love it, but some game journalists are putting the game down for “being too hard,” not having an easy mode, and such.
Oy vey…
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
@Beau Skunky
I pre-ordered it, got it day one, and beat in less than a week. I absolutely love it. My personal game of the year. It is pretty challenging, like Fusion, but it’s a good challenge, and it’s great to see a new Metroid with a lot of what made the series great, zero handholding, exploration.
Background Pony #BE7A
My status in Dread:
Good news: I met an old Chozo named Old Robe, who tells me about the intelligent, power-hungry Chozo traitor named Raven Beak, who corrupted the EMMIs in order to fatally steal the Metroid DNA from me, and he unlocked one of the earlier gates.
Bad news: Old Robe shortly dies from being shot in the back by a Chozo robot. Let’s hope I’ll be able to blow Raven Beak’s brains out in revenge for killing who I saw as a father figure in those few short moments.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide