Mario Discussion

blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
I saw the Mario movie one last time on Tuesday (making it my third time overall)
Nobody else was in the theater with me, which was fine as it gave me a chance to look around for the cameos and listen to the music more closely.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
I saw a Youtuber I liked claim the movie “ruined Mario for them.”
If one movie ruins a whole series/franchise for you, you’re probably not much of fan in the first place.
I dunno, the movie made me happy personally. My only minor gripe is… Luigi gets kinda shafted less then halfway through the movie, and spends almost all of the movie captured. Peach and DK get more screentime then him. Then again, it does make that awesome thing he does at the end more unexpected, and awesome. Like Luigi is finally “done” being a coward, and will do anything for his brother. It was really satisfying finally seeing Luigi do something.
@Beau Skunky
Oh cool I have the Shantae one as well.
Nice! Another Shantae fan! :)
@Ring Team
Not as much as a joke as the movie
It was better then the MLP movies in my opinion.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
@Beau Skunky
I think it’s ridiculous what some people will say about hating the movie, obviously it was made for fans of the video games so if you can’t expect that then sad for you then.
Speaking of which there is something that I will address about the movie I do have a problem with: I love this film it has become one of my top favorite animated films of all time now, but something that I’m now starting to have an issue with is Mario hating mushrooms.

First of all this does go against Mario’s character who constantly consumes mushrooms all the time in the games, I mean it’s like making Popeye hate spinach or Bugs Bunny hate carrots. Now granted I two am not a fan of mushrooms so I do share the sentiment, but at the same time I don’t exactly want to gag at the thought of poor Mario having to choke them down just to gain it’s power-up, also leading to the only unsavory joke in the movie wich is him vometing one back up (Shigeru Miyamoto approved of that apparently).

Now two things that could have help this scenario would be if either Mario disliked mushrooms at first but as soon as eat ate a super one he realized they aren’t as bad as he thought originally, the other would be something like Wreck-It Ralph’s hate for chocolate in that by the end of the film he comes to finally appreciate it wich I feel like is what they might have been going for at the end but I don’t think it was ever touched upon (Like maybe near the end Luigi makes him a plate of spaghetti with mushrooms in it and Mario is no longer hesitant towards eating them or something).
Also it’s funny that mushrooms are the only power-up that needs to be consumed,
all the other items like the fire flower, ice flower, tanooki leaf, and super star just have to be interacted with and you get it’s power.
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
I’m not entirely sure why Nintendo is re-releasing the other three Super Mario Advance games on GBA Switch. The fourth one I can understand (as it’s a rerelease of the Wii U version, which came with all e-Reader levels unlocked because, let’s face it, the e-Reader was a failure in everywhere but Japan) but what’s the appeal of the other three compared with their SNES versions?
Background Pony #0EA7
I’m so happy that the Michael Jackson(AI Version) of Peaches by Motif has gone Viral over the recent Weeks, have you all listened to it aswell? :)
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
GameXplain just release a video of 300 Easter Eggs in the Super Mario Bros. Movie, so if you’re looking to spot every reference you can imagine from the film they got you covered, plus there were ones that I wouldn’t have been able to spot for myself such as a reference Metroid which implies that the Metroid universe technically exists in the Mario movie universe canon.
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
Is it weird that I’m hoping a new future main-series Mario game will have Peach as a playable character again, a la Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario 3D World, after seeing her more action-y portrayal in the movie? (Seriously, I’ve seen so many leading female characters that the whole “damsel in distress” feels outdated to me now)
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
@Jade Kitsune
I don’t think it’s weird, people including myself love Peach and she does get plenty of attention in the party and sports games, but I do agree it would be nice if she could be playable in the main series games as well or even get another Super Princess Peach game.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Jade Kitsune
Some grew up with those versions instead of the SNES games, and there are some unique things in them, like new secrets/items/enemies/animations in Super Mario Advance 1/SMB2, and new unlockable stages for SMA3 Yoshi’s Island when you beat the game.
So it’s nice to experience those versions too.
@Dr_Osaka
I actually liked that, because it reminded me of how in the old Popeye movie, he hated spinach at first. (Until the climax.) I liked the similarity, because Mario was inspired by Popeye.
And actually, he does start to appreciate mushrooms later, so I liked that development.
And if you think the gag of Mario barfing off-screen was “unsavory,” you should see how vulgar the Mario mangas are.
Miyamoto apparently does appreciate a good “dirty joke” according to his friend and translator Tim.
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
@Beau Skunky
Huh I didn’t know that about the Popeye film, but I never saw it anywahs (the Robin Williams one I assume?)
I didn’t know that about Miyamoto, also I haven’t read the Mario manga since it doesn’t have an english print.
And for what it’s worth, I am getting over the problems I had so it’s not as big a deal as I originally made it out to be.
Now if only people could be convinced it was Miyamoto’s idea to keep the licensed 80s songs in the film.
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
Realising I made a mistake buying the movie on the sky store.
It randomly speeds up at times And if I bought it on Google play I could have used YouTube to watch it on the switch
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste
You should get the “Movies Anywhere” ap as it allows you to buy multiple versions of a digital (qualifying) movie legally/officially. Like if you buy the Youtube version, you get the Amazon, VUDU, ect. Version automatically, provided you have an account for those.
@Dr_Osaka
Yeah, it was the Robin Williams Popeye movie.
There is a localized Super Mario Kun manga by VIZ titled “Super Mario Manga Madness,” but it has the less vulgar ones in it.
I honestly wasn’t bothered by the 1980s songs in the Mario movie. In fact, I find it odd people complain about it, as there’s only 2 80s songs, (so it’s not like they were a constant thing) and Mario was a product out of the 80s.
I’d find it more annoying and pandering if they had modern pop songs instead frankly. (I’d rather listen to an old corny 80s synth song then autotune.)
Some 80s songs actually sound more like Nintendo music to me. (Must be the synths.)
I remember the Super Mario Super Show had pop song covers in them. (So it’s nothing new.) Sadly, they’re edited out of DVD and streaming releases.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide