Mario Discussion

Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
@northern haste
The movie’s version of New Donk City is basic but understandable since it’s suppose to be a major contrast to the Mushroom Kingdom and how fantastical it is.
I love the logo on the side of their van, and I wonder what kinda role Pauline will play (aside from being the Mayor).
Posted Report
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
@SleepySteve
Now that I look closer the street sign over Pauline says Brooklyn so yes this is New York then. I guess it makes sense since that was established in the canon of the shows and the live action movie.
Posted Report
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Apples and Pears
I do wonder if they’re going to make Peach a more useful character as opposed to the “damsel in distress” she is in the (main) games. If Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA) and Super Princess Peach are anything to go by (along with the Super Show, in most cases) she’s more than capable of getting herself out of trouble (and fighting enemies, too, even if she’s nowhere near as powerful as the brothers and Toad).
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
I’ll give $5 to Derpibooru’s servers if the final track in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe’s Booster Course Pass released is something brand new, unlike how I thought Sky-High Sundae was an entirely new track but it turned out to be from Mario Kart Tour.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Jade Kitsune
I’m betting on a new Rainbow Road, or an anniversary track.
@northern haste
Oh, so they are going to be plumbers. I thought that wasn’t canon anymore, because I heard Miyamoto never considered them such, and it hasn’t been regarded much.
Though, “3D World” alluded to it with them fixing a warp pipe in the intro.
@Dr_Osaka
I actually saw that show before on TV, all I remember about it was Herman Munster was in it.
I like vintage TV.
@northern haste
Yeah, he literally said that on Twitter. I think he’s letting that “cult classic” go to his head.
@SleepySteve
Granted, Brooklyn was only canon in the old cartoons, comics, and movie. It was never mentioned officially in the games.
Though, Miyamoto said the sewer maze setting of Mario Bros. 1983 was inspired by the massive sewer system of New York.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
Saw the new trailer loved it. Kongs, Karts, Yoahis, Tanooki suit, Peach with fire power.
I especially love DK’s new design combining the classic DK (or Arcade/NES/Gameboy DK to some of you) with the modern DKC design.
And love Pratt’s little “woohoo!”
@Mr.Myoozik
Why not? We had a few new tracks in previous DLC packs.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@SleepySteve
Peach was always kinda badass, even in the original instruction manual story it said the reason Bowser Koopa imprisoned her, was so she couldn’t break the spell he put on her kingdom.
Posted Report
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste
I think he’ll have a few lines, just not as talkative as others.
I like Cranky’s throne.
I’m curious if DK will pull a heel face turn and join in the fight against the Koopas.
Posted Report
SleepySteve
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Apples and Pears
Speaking of DK, anyone notice something in the Mario Kart scene? How many of the other racers seem to come from DK’s world in Donkey Kong Country? Seems to confirm (what many have suspected for years) that the Mushroom Kingdom and DK Island are in the same universe. My guess is the Mushroom Kingdom and DK Kingdom have been in some long conflict throughout the movie and in the climax they decide to work together to stop Bowser from conquering their land.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@SleepySteve
Bet some of the penguins are there too.
Maybe we’ll get a Nintendo cinematic universe, and get a DK movie.
And if we do, I say Will Ferrel should be King K.Rool doing a gruff/insane voice similar to his German soldier voice from “The Producers” remake.
SleepySteve

Apples and Pears
Swapping Peach for Luigi as the “damsel” for most of the movie was a genius move, especially given Luigi being a largely pathetic character (outside of Luigi’s Mansion) in most of his appearances (especially the cartoons, where he was essentially the Shaggy of the gang).
Posted Report
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Beau Skunky
I would prefer Patrick Stewart
Actually, that’s a good one.
@SleepySteve
Goomba tower!
@SleepySteve
I don’t know if he’ll be in distress the whole movie, (the previous teaser showed him escaping) and frankly I kinda hope that isn’t the case, because they’re the “Mario Brothers,” and we need Luigi to eventually to help Mario, and find some courage.
And you kinda sell Luigi short, as despite his cowardly portrayals, he has had his badass moments too, like in the “Mario and Luigi” RPG series, and helped plenty of times in games like “3D World,” and “Super Mario 64 DS.”
And in some of the cartoons, he did cool stuff too.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide