Mario Discussion

Amphibian Swamp
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

🎶You don’t need to know everything to be a fan🎶
🎶You just need to enjoy it in general🎶
🎶Those bullies are just… liminal…🎶
🎶And they’re jealous that their love for it is bland!🎶
🎶La-la-la-la-do-do-do🎶
🎶I have no idea what else to add
🎶Since I just wrote what I had…🎶
🎶In miiiiiiind!🎶
Posted Report
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@The Crystal Artist
Yeah, I kinda tire of elitist fans mocking some fans who don’t know everything about a series… And Mario isn’t that deep in lore amyway.
In fact, I saw people mocking SMB Movie actor Chris Pratt claiming, “I bet he never played a Mario game lol” in regards to his confusing comments about “stomping koopas” in an “arcade Mario game” in the SMB Movie direct.
(Something as they point out you can’t actually do in the original 1983 Mario Bros. arcade game. And the turtles in it were called “shellcreepers.”)
In Chris’ defence, I think he’s talking about “VS Super Mario Brothers,” which is a harder arcade version of the home game. (Which you can actually buy off the Switch Eshop officially now. So there’s proof it exists.)
Or maybe an old Play Choice Nintendo arcade machine. Those existed too. So Chris isn’t lying, nor misinformed. He just doesn’t remember the exact arcade, as it was over 30 years ago when those existed.
So it’s ironic of people to act like Chris doesn’t know what he’s talking about, when they don’t know/remember every arcade version of Mario either… So no matter how much of a “super fan,” you are be careful what you say.
I have mixed feelings on his Mario voice too, but I think he gets too much heat online, and I wanna hear more before I judge him…
And honestly, the Mario lore is quite loose/simplistic honestly, and you don’t have to know or play every Mario game to be a “fan,” so I don’t see any reason to doubt Pratt or others being “fans,” when they don’t know everything. Some people just aren’t that nerdy.
Sorry to rant a bit, I just can’t stand, “lol ur not a troo fan” elitist fans…
northern haste
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
@Beau Skunky
I do feel if he was lying about playing the games it was because he was afraid people would use that against him.
Sure there are a ton of actors who were great in adaptations of things they never seen But people already had it against him so they would be looking for for reasons.
I even heard people got upset at Jodie Whittaker for not watching doctor who before playing the doctor despite Not being the only actor who hasn’t before playing the character
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste
I have no reason to doubt him honestly, and seeing how he is a “child of the 1980s,” it’s not impossible for him to of played a Mario game as a kid.
I just don’t think he’s a “super fan,” who played every game, (nor needs to) and as I said you don’t have to know everything about Mario to be a fan, and I’m sure the same could be said about many other actors in the movie.
Mario isn’t like Dr. Who, with super deep story lore you have to memorize, heck almost every game kinda reboots the story. In fact, that is kinda the beauty of the Mario franchise, because it can be interpreted numerous ways in the many games, RPGs, sports games, cartoons, ect.
In fact, Pat Allee, and Ben Hurst hardly knew anything about Sonic, and the Sonic cartoon they worked on Sonic SatA.M. is debatably considered one of the best game adaptions.
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
Things I’m going to do when Mario Party 2 hits the Switch:
  1. Finish every board.
  2. Buy every minigame from Woody.
  3. Play the Mini-Game Coaster on Hard.
Posted Report
northern haste
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
John Leguizamo:“I did Comic-Con … everyone’s like, ‘No, no, we love the old one, the original.’ They’re not feeling the new one”
Sure john that totally happened
Posted Report
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
No matter how many times I see it, I always get giddy when the “Super Mario Bros.” teaser pops up on the big screen before my movie begins.
Posted Report
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste
I think John needs to let it go… He’s making it hard for me to defend the old cornball classic movie that I unironically like, and have nostalgia for…
He claims rather egotistically that “only he,” can make the new movie script work, (therefore coming off as salty that he wasn’t contacted about it) and is even trying to turn people online against the new SMB movie (a rather scummy move on his part) by claiming it “lacks the diversity of the original, and is an all-white cast.”
…Which anyone whom has seen Keagan Michael Key, (voice of Toad) and Kevin Michael Richardson (voice of Kamek) can see, isn’t true… (So either John is lying, or didn’t look up the cast. Either way, making him look bad.)
In fact, Peach’s voice actress is half Hispanic, and the voices of the Penguin King, and Foreman Spike are diverse too. So the movie is plenty diverse.
Posted Report
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
Unfortunately, I won’t be able to catch the direct live tomorrow as I’m seeing “Strange World” 20 minutes before it starts, so I’ll just have Universal’s YouTube page open for me when I get home.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide