Mario Discussion

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
I finally got a SMB Game & Watch! Woo!

@ShadowBolt Platinum  
I enjoy New Super Mario Bros. 2 for the 3DS, I like the World Star theme.

I actually like it too, in fact I honestly like it better then the more well-liked NewSMB1 for DS.  
I think NewSMB2 gets too much hate online honestly. Sure it’s a bit samey, but still a good Mario sidescroller, has better challenge then the previous DS game, some unexpected nice gimmicks/secrets, a nice streetpass challenge mode, nice cheap DLC, (one of the first Nintendo games with such) the return of classic enemies like the Reznor minibosses. (complete with kaiju-esc dinosaur roar) and the return of the flying raccoon ear/tail suit. (And kitsune for Luigi.)

@Red-Supernova  
I’m impressed by anyone whom has had the patience to max it out. Though, I hear some discovered ways to cheat it.

@Red-Supernova  
In fairness, Nintendo has recently made free unexpected updates to “3D All-Stars” addressing fan complaints about it, improving it, and even giving GameCube controller support now making playing Super Mario Sunshine perfect. (Right down to the water-pressure sensitive shoulder-button.)

So that in mind that shows Nintendo wants to please fans, and isn’t as “evil/anti-consumer” as all the Youtubers say. (Heck, look at all the B.S. with the PS5 & new X-Box going on. Really bugs me they aren’t as hard on Sony & such.)  
My only complaint is the price, (though I got mine $10 cheaper as my local Walmart charges $10 cheaper for Switch software.) which I wouldn’t mind if a fourth game like “Galaxy 2” or “3D Land” was included. (Rumor has it, they might be DLC.)
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Beau Skunky  
Awesome! Just curious, are you gonna play it?

I’ve watched reviews on each of the NSMB games who gave each of them a fair shot and said that NSMB2 has the most creative level designs and actually finds the coin collecting to be addicting.

Of course they have. :P But I only have respect for those who genuinely maxed out the coin counter.

I’ve seen a video thumbnail saying that and that’s great to hear. But its going to take more than just that to win back the fans’ trust after what I heard about Nintendo shutting down a Melee tournament.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Red-Supernova  
Surprisingly, it’s a very well made device for the price, (much better then the cheap mini toy arcades I have) and while lately Nintendo was getting crap for “half-assing 3D All-Stars” (which in fairness, as I mentioned, they’re making free updates to, improving it, including GameCube controller support, and honestly, the game is still good & playable) the SMB Game & Watch is actually very well made.

I’ve seen some YT reviewers say it’s screen & buttons are too small, and such, but it’s very clear, and surprisingly bright, even on the lower brightness settings. I find it actually easier to see, and play then the GBA or even 3DS XL versions of SMB.  
I have no problem playing it even far from my face. The buttons work surprisingly well, and despite their small size are comfortable to use, and feel very durable for the size. I’m even able to play “Lost Levels” no problem. The games automatically suspend/save when you go to Time mode, or sleep mode, and it saves your high scores, and stuff. (You even get a reward for beating the game. A level select/difficulty switch option one of which is new to this version, showing they actually updated this version.)

The battery seems to last a long time too, and you can put the system to sleep, (or it’ll automatically do it after 2-minutes, giving you a cute “sleep” image beforehand) to save on battery easily.

My only complaint is the USB charge cord, (which you can plug in to also use it as a clock) is rather short, and like alot of new devices didn’t come with an AC plug, (so I had to use one from my phone or NES Classic) but I hear it works on longer Nintendo plugs too, like the Switch one.

Also, I like how G&W “Ball” has similar controls to the Gameboy “G&W Gallery 2” version, allowing you to use the D-Pad, in combination with the A+B buttons to allow you to move faster which is handy for getting a high score. And there’s a simple secret code to play as Luigi.
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Beau Skunky  
Good review. I’m told that there is even an unlimited lives cheat for both SMB1 and The Lost Levels that doesn’t require unlocking. This should be quite helpful for players who want to play The Lost Levels while not in fear of running out of lives.

@ShadowBolt Platinum  
Are there gonna be actual tournaments held too judging by the trophies?
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Red-Supernova  
Yeah, basically you just hold down the A-button while starting a game on the title screen, and you get unlimited lives.  
Do it in “Game & Watch Ball,” and you get something different.

Another new feature is, on the title screen of SMB & “Lost Levels” you can press B-button to chose any stage you’ve beaten without beating the game. (And when you DO beat it, you get a Normal/Hard differenty opinion on the title screen.) So that means the Game & Watch versions are updated, and not straight ports.

A Youtuber claimed the “Minus World” glitch doesn’t work, but it worked for me.
Red-Supernova
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Passionate opinionator
@Beau Skunky  
Nice. I’m wondering if I should do that for when I play The Lost Levels.

I watched a video about this Game & Watch and I saw that the Minus World does exist in this version.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Red-Supernova  
Yeah, I dunno why some are falsely claiming it’s not included. Though, it’s nice they made other upgrades to the game/s.

I think surprisingly, the new SMB anniversary Game & Watch might be the best portable version of SMB ever made. I even prefer it over the 3DS or Switch versions.
Red-Supernova
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Passionate opinionator
@Beau Skunky  
I wouldn’t be surprised if Nintendo eventually does the same with their other classic games in this format. The one that’s most likely next is going to be The Legend of Zelda.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Red-Supernova  
I doubt they’ll do anymore Game & Watches for now, they seemed to of only done it, because the SMB 35th anniversary coincides with the 40th anniversary of the Game & Watch. I’d love a Zelda Game & Watch though.

Kinda surprised they didn’t make a mini Gameboy last year. (GB’s 30th anniversary.)
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
So I found out from TV Tropes that there was a glitch that you could exploit on the jump rope minigame of Odyssey where you can use the sign to help you stay above and rack up points without having to actually jump. Why didn’t anyone tell me about this? It would’ve saved me a hell of a lot of frustration.
Red-Supernova
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Passionate opinionator
@Myoozik  
@Sparx  
I can understand why people would want to exploit it. They have no interest in becoming a pro at the minigame whatsoever they just want to get their damn Power Moons and move on already.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide