Mario Discussion

Background Pony #2368
That Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit game looks pretty neat, except I think it’s meant for homes with large living rooms. My apartment doesn’t have enough room to make a track, and I think you need wooded flooring to run the game properly as opposed to carpeting.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Mikey  
While I agree with some criticisms, (so I’m not saying the collection is perfect) what kinda bugs me is it honestly feels like some people care more about game collections having tons of DVD-like bonus features, and fancy menus, rather then having good games themselves.  
It kinda bugs me how people treat video games like “movies” too much sometimes, or expect the same kinda experience.

I’d rather have more games in the collection, (or at least one) and more setting options, then just JPGs, a music CD that’ll probably get damaged, or a timeline, and such.

@LightningBolt  
I actuallly agree we should criticise things, so I’m not saying we shouldn’t.  
Still, if people have a right to hate things, or criticise them, they can also stand up for things too, as long as they don’t get too aggressive over it.

Also… Sonic’06 is trash. :P  
That doesn’t bother you anymore?
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Mikey  
…So? The NES games in the original Animal Crossing were too, and people still liked their inclusion. (And aren’t most STEAM retro games, and stuff just emulations or ports too?)

As long as the games work, I don’t care, but I do kinda wish they had more custom options, at least.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Pone of Astronomy
@Beau Skunky  
My point is that Nintendo can and has done better. And no, most steam retro games aren’t emulated. There are some legitimately good rereleases.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Mikey  
So then all emulated games are automatically bad then?  
I dunno, I hear Sonic Adventure DX on Steam, and stuff is just a “lazy” port of the Gamecube version, and such.

@igotnopicks  
Which was also directly ported to Wii, with literally nothing else added.

And I dunno, some things I didn’t like about “All-Stars,” like how it reused so many SMW sound effects, how some remixes were a bit off, Mario’s unique walk animation in SMB was changed into the generic SMB3/SMW 3-frame style, and how because of the lack of pallette swaps, stuff like green Snifits, or uniquely colored caves were gone.
Background Pony #2368
I finally started making a checklist of “secret stars” for Super Mario 64.
rdibp
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Kerfuffle lover
I should probably get back to 3D All Stars soon. I’ve only really played a lot of Galaxy and only touched a bit of Sunshine and 64.
Background Pony #2368
Because of the heavy amount of classical music used in the movie “Icebreaker”, Mike Nelson of RiffTrax refers to the music being composed by Ludwig von Koopa.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Pone of Astronomy
@rdibp  
I’ve completed every single game in the collection and now I went back and started a new game in Odyssey :p  
(Aka the best 3D Mario)
Red-Supernova
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Myoozik  
I really want to play Super Mario Odyssey again but then I remember certain Power Moons like the ones you’ve mentioned and I’m like “yeah, fuck that.”

@Beau Skunky  
Sorry man. Sonic Mega Collection spoiled us all on what most people expect from a compilation game.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Red-Supernova  
In hindsight, “Sonic Mega Collection” didn’t have much in extra content either besides mostly Archie Sonic comic covers. (And one full digital issue of “Sonic Beginnings.”)  
Still, 7 Sonic games for a low price is probably one thing Nintendo & other developers should look at if they want a popular collection game.

Regardless of the backlash, apparently “3D All-Stars” is selling well, especially in Japan. So at least, it’s getting some love.  
I assume it’s lack of extra content, and such was because Nintendo was more busy remaking “3D World+Bowser’s Fury,” the Game & Watch, and other stuff. I admit those look pretty cool.

Nintendo even admitted, the reason it’s neglected it’s Virtual Console & similar services, is because they try to focus more on making new games, then just redoing old ones. I guess that’s probably a better priority when you think about it.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Mikey  
Probably, though I have a feeling they’ll rerelease it later like with the Wii version of SMAS. Still, got my copy anyway just in case.  
I still see lots of copies at my local stores though, so those hoping to “scalp” it online, (like Amiibo, and the NES Classic) might have a hard time profiting.

I just hope the scalpers don’t buy up all the upcoming SMB Game & Watch devices. I really want one.
Background Pony #2368
My status in Super Mario 3D All-Stars:

Super Mario 64: 33 Power Stars collected, Bowser defeated twice.  
Super Mario Sunshine: 12 Shine Sprites collected.  
Super Mario Galaxy: 29 Power Stars collected, 4 Grand Stars rescued.
Red-Supernova
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!

Passionate opinionator
@Beau Skunky  
Yes but they were still a nice inclusion. Not to mention the amount of detail put into the menu backgrounds and the music for those menus. That’s why people love the Sonic Mega Collection and why they set it as the high standard for compilations.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide