Mario Discussion

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Red-Supernova  
Even if you take your time they’re still great games, and focus on exploration & finding rewarding items like Zelda.

And honestly, the only difference in the endings is seeing Samus reveal her full human form, and by now everybody already knows what it is.  
(In fact, in the original NES game it was originally a mystery. Hence the “SAMUS IS A GIRL?!” jokes.)
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit is finally out and its already making kitty cats antsy!  
Regardless of screwing around with real life, I’m not sure about getting this game myself given the $100 price tag on those RC carts. I think this game is definitely worthy of it being reviewed by someone first to show if its worth the investment or not.

@Beau Skunky  
Are most people fine with replaying the games to get better times after their first runs?

@igotnopicks  
How so? I can’t tell the difference.
igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@Red-Supernova  
First Mario Maker 2 in Mario 1 style is how I picture Mario swimming and in Mario 35 you swim faster way faster than normal and it hurts the water level more.

One you don’t feel like your going to crash into a Blooper in Mario Maker 2 or a Spike too. In Mario 35 they some how forgot that and you are no longer swimming slowly to beat a level instead you are swimming faster and sinking fast.
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@igotnopicks  
I think its because the water levels are resource drainers. Most players are gonna be asking for overworld and underground levels since they are full of enemies to kill and coins to collect. The water levels barely have any coins, no power ups and you can only kill the enemies exclusive to the water levels with a Fire Flower. So that’s why I think water speed is sped up.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Pone of Astronomy
I’m really not a fan of the water levels in 64, also fuck Tick Tock Clock, Tall Tall Mountain, Tiny Huge Island and Rainbow Ride. My favorite levels are probably Snowman’s Land and Hazy Maze Cave. Overall I just prefer the later 3D games.
igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@Mikey  
The later 3d Mario water levels include.  
Mario Sunshine with it’s interesting Gimmick being mostly water.  
Mario Galaxy which has galaxies with water.  
Mario Galaxy 2 Same as Galaxy one  
Mario 3d Land uhhhh it’s almost the same water levels as the original Mario games.  
Mario 3d World same as the original Mario games.
Mikey
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Pone of Astronomy
@igotnopicks  
I prefer Sunshine’s water levels because you don’t actually go under water most of the time.  
The shell makes water levels in galaxy 1 and 2 bearable at least.  
Odyssey is made moot by being able to capture cheep cheeps.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
I kinda saddens me to see so many Youtubers, and such hating on “Super Mario 3D All-Stars” after months & months of speculation, and rumors, and anticipation of an anniversary collection game, and people dying for it. (And a bit unfair calling it “lazy,” because even porting/emulating stuff on new Nintendo hardware takes development time. And let’s not forget this Japan-only rumble version of SM64 had to be localized. Still, I suppose they could’ve done more, seeing as they’re adding practically a whole new game to “SM 3D World.”)

I understand it’s kinda bare bones in special features compared to say “Kirby’s Dream Collection,” “MegaMan Legacy Collection,” and “Sonic Mega Collection,” but they’re still 3 pretty good Mario games, and it’s nice to finally have “Sunshine,” a portable version of “Galaxy,” and the Japan-only rumble version of SM64, which we never got ‘till now. (And I never could get the speedrunner glitches to work in the original version, so I don’t care about that.)  
My only criticism is it’s a bit expensive compared to other collection games, (I’d be fine with $60/$50 if it at least had another game included like “3D Land” or “64 DS”) and the limited time is a bit unfair.

I wonder if perhaps those kinda collection games got people caring more about “DVD-like” extras, and fancy menus, rather then the actual games included.  
Still, seeing as Mario games rarely ever have sound tests, (only ones I recall are the “Game & Watch Gallery” series) it’s nice to have that feature, so it’s better then nothing.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
I think 3d all stars is pretty trash as a whole, but since I didn’t buy it and won’t buy it as I don’t care about these games, my opinions will just be dismissed.

I think that people have just as much right to hate it as they do to like it, and I think things, games, and companies, especially those we love, should be criticized and not just blindly praised.*

That being said, I think others have covered my points more than I ever could, and ultimately I have very little feeling about this game as I am not a Mario fan or even much of a Nintendo one, I just think it deserves criticism for various reasons, but also that people enjoying it should still be allowed to enjoy it, just please don’t turn off your ability to see the flaws in something.

As much as I do kinda wanna play SMS again, the fact that the controls are fucked and you can’t even use a GCN controller would be a deal breaker even if it was a free solo download.

*Not saying anyone here is blindly praising or bashing things, fyi.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Sparx  
I do, and I’m not sure why this is a question.

I literally made it very clear that I think everyone’s opinions on this are valid. I don’t need to add a disclaimer at the end stating the polar opposite is also fine.

I don’t care if people dislike things I like. They’re wrong but they know that.

That striked out part was a joke in case anyone takes it seriously. I guess disclaimers are needed now.
Background Pony #2368
My Super Mario 3D All-Stars progress:

Super Mario 64: 31 Power Stars collected, Bowser defeated twice.  
Super Mario Sunshine: 12 Shine Sprites collected. (Stopped)  
Super Mario Galaxy: 27 Power Stars collected, 4 Grand Stars rescued.
Mikey
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Pone of Astronomy
@Beau Skunky  
I still bought the collection, but I’m disappointed because I know Nintendo can do better and they have. It’s just sad how Lazy it is. I agree with this video Super Mario 3D All-Stars is Pathetic  
Kirby came with a music CD, “An additional museum section features box art and video spotlights for every game in the Kirby series released through 2012”, this came with music that you can’t pause or do anything but play from the start.
Background Pony #2368
It’s funny how you need 30 stars to open the Big Star Door in the basement, but you can’t actually fight Bowser until you get the first star in Dire, Dire Docks.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide