Mario Discussion

Background Pony #621B
I’m going to make a sequel level, with a slightly different title and an easier clear condition.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
So just got finished playing Paper Mario: the Origami King and my overall thoughts is that it’s a fun game; not as good as the original Paper Mario 64 or Super Paper Mario for Wii but it’s still a very imaginative game with great visuals, a quirky sense of humor, lots of exploration and an interesting combat system which I was against at first but over time it caught on for me.

@northern haste  
One of the few good things to come from that movie
09MurphyM

I find it interesting that Mario Kart has no story to speak of, not even any explanation for why Bowser is allowed to race as well.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
@Beau Skunky  
Yeah I hear that all the time and I honestly don’t understand the criticisms, I didn’t mind Sticker Star or Color Splash not saying they are perfect games but they are entertaining to play
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
I find it interesting that Mario Kart has no story to speak of, not even any explanation for why Bowser is allowed to race as well.

Maybe it doesn’t need one. In fact, the SMB series in general has always been an example that video games don’t have to always have some Oscar-winning stories, or be “movies” in order to be good.

@Background Pony #2847  
I heard about that, might be for image/texture testing.
user4897
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Breakable wheels for Mario Kart

The tires can be deflated and the wheel may even detach from the kart when taking too much damage, affecting handling. To make it work, a new Spiny Buzzy Beetle item will be needed, and a 1UP Mushroom item for instant repair.

Tires can also be damaged by driving over an obstacle known as a Spike Panel - it is the “evil” variation of the common Boost Panel except it’s smaller, about the size of one tire. Blue Shell and Bob-omb hits can also damage tires if severe enough

Various tires have different susceptibilities to damage. Monster Tires are the most vulnerable, while Standard Tires and Roller Tires are the least. the Gold Standard are immune to any damage

Tips: Vehicles with high handling stat (e.g. Pipe Frame, Standard Bike) could compensate tire damage, its handling will not be affected badly
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@RhodieNite  
No offense, but I still think that’d be a terrible idea. I understand you want it to nerf more experienced players, or keep players from spamming turbo boosts, but it reminds me of the highly hated “random trip” mechanic in SSB Brawl. Which was similarly implemented to “even” the playing field, but it just made the game more annoying for novice players, as much as experts.  
Also, repair items, and such would get in the way of regular items, and such when unneeded.

And honestly if something isn’t “broke,” there’s no need to change it.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@RhodieNite  
I think it would just annoy experienced gamers, and novice ones too. Especially, sense you can’t guarantee it’ll mostly happen to one, or the other.

Plus, part of the appeal of Mario Kart is it’s not grounded in realism, so suddenly having to repair your vehicle, and such would be jarring, and slow down gameplay greatly, distracting from racing.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide