Mario Discussion

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Jarkes  
Probably just testing the waters with this before doing it, but yeah, a Lego minifig’ with a Mario head would’ve looked better. Looks more pseudo-Minecraft then Mario. The Goombas, and Bowser Jr. could’ve looked better too.

Seriously, it looks more Duplo then Lego.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
Something that I find kinda funny recently is, almost every Youtuber & person online pronounces “Bros.” literally as “Bro’s.”  
Alot of people don’t seem to understand “Bros.” is an acronym for “Brothers,” much like “Mrs.” is for “Missus,” or “Jr.” is for “Junior.”

So actually, it’s pronounced “Super Mario Brothers.” Not “Bro’s.”
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@09MurphyM  
Perhaps, but it’s still funny, almost everybody nowadays mispronounces it.

It’d be like calling “Donkey Kong Junior” as “Donkey Kong Jer.”
user4897
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

I want a 3D Mario platformer that offers you an ability to drive Mario Kart vehicles found across the worlds. These vehicles, can be stolen GTA-style and driven freely
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Marx  
That still doesn’t change the fact, “Bros.” is an acronym for “Brothers,” (like say the “Marx Bros./Brothers”) but I don’t begrudge people for being ignorant of that fact, as I doubt minor things like that are taught in school, and such. Not to mention, the “Bros.” acronym is rarely used in modern times.
09MurphyM

During Chuggaaconroy’s episode of Kirby Triple Deluxe, he mentioned how when he was a kid there were rumors of red stars being in super mario 64. Obviously they are false, but I can’t find anything that actually talks about them. Even mario wiki doesn’t mention anything about red stars either being a hoax or a intended feature of the game that was dropped early on.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@09MurphyM  
I remember a naked Mario code rumor in regards to SM64, (similar to the naked Lara Croft rumors) though, I don’t knkw why anyone would want to see Mario naked…

Come to think of it most Mario games don’t even have cheat codes.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
Got “Mario Kart Tour” on my phone recently, it’s not as bad as everyone says it is honestly, it’s a surprisingly nice adaptation to Mobile format, and feels like a legit MK racer, despite being a li’l simplified.  
I also like how it has a larger selection of characters, and it has alot of cool returning racetracks in it, including ones from the SNES game, which oftentimes get ignored. (Don’t care what JonTron says, the SNES game was great, and my childhood.)

As for the microtransactions everyone demonizes the game for, much like Animal Crossing Pocket Camp, Sonic Dash, (all which I also enjoyed) and such, honestly you can still play/enjoy the game without spending a cent.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Jarkes  
Yeah, (I’ve seen aps with $99.99 loot/in-game-currency options. Good God, who pays that much for a Mobile game? You can buy a much larger console game for 40 or even 60 bucks less! That my friends is why Mobile gaming didn’t kill the 3DS or Switch.)

I mean if they’re going to charge you anything, I’d rather they do what “Super Mario Run” did, and just charge you one flat rate to unlock everything, or give you free stuff for watching ads sometimes like Sonic Dash & Pac-Man Mobile do.

Though, oddly some Mobile gamers prefer microtransactions, over paying one flat rate of $20-$60 for a game.  
Sure it seems cheaper at first, and I understand they wanna support the game, but eventually if you do it too much, you’ll easily go past the price of a console game.
user4897
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

In the side scrolling games, the character’s default form is actually the Super form. Small form is a damaged state of a character.

The reason why you start as Small Mario is that in every 2D scrollers,they take damage off-screen before the game starts, as evidenced by the opening screens of Super Mario Bros. 3 and New Super Mario Bros. series
09MurphyM

Interestingly, Chuggaa actually made quite a few references to the japan only Mario Manga during his “LP” of Super Mario Land.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
There’s rumors Nintendo is going to remaster several of Mario’s games, including “Super Mario 64,” “Super Mario Galaxy,” & “Super Mario Sunshine,.” (which never got rereleased on a newer console before) for Switch as part of the SMB’s 35th anniversary this year.

I find it a bit odd they always ignore Donkey Kong’s anniversary though.  
Next year marks DK’s 40th anniversary also, making it Mario’s true creation anniversary.  
(Don’t give me that “Mario & Jumpman are different characters” bumpkis… The sequel DK Junior calls him “Mario,” The NES home version of DK calls him “Mario,” and SSB, and Miyamoto regard 1981 DK as Mario’s first game. “Jumpman” is just Mario’s prototypical name, and it was never even used in-game, or anything. He was renamed “Mario” by the time DK Jr. came out further proving it’s the same character.)

For that matter, he wasn’t even originally “Jumpman,” even before that Miyamoto considered calling him “Mr. Video,” and wanted to give him cameos in all his games.
user4897

@09MurphyM

@Beau Skunky

Comparing Mario and Luigi’s artworks and their Super size in the side scrolling games, is also another evidence that Super form is the default size of every character. Super Mario Bros 2, Super Mario 3D World and Super Mario 3D Land is another proof that Super form is a regular size.

In this sense, Super Mushrooms doesn’t make them big, it heals their damage by restoring them to full size.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide