Mario Discussion

Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
I just got back from the Mario movie, and I absolutely loved it!
As a Mario fan there is just so much to love, the references are just jam-packed, the story while standard is still what you’d expect from the Mario Bros, the characters were all great and the performances were fun.
Chris Pratt despite the backlash he got when the film was announced I think really made it work, plus I totally called it he actually did the Italian voice for the commercial.
I gotta hand it to Illumination, they really captured the spirit of the franchise with the animation and characters (although there is a dog that looks like it came out of Secret Life of Pets).
The soundtrack is amazing, it uses all different themes from throughout the franchise (also there is a heavy amount of 80s songs like Take On Me and Holding Out for a Hero)
If I had one criticism with the film it’s that Cranky Kong’s voice I don’t think fits him, no disrespect to Fred Armisen I just don’t think he was right for the character. Maybe someone like Christopher Lloyd would have been better.
Overall I love this movie, it was well worth the long wait.
10/10
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Dr_Osaka
My sister has the same complaint with the dog in the movie. It didn’t bother me but yeah it did look out of place. I assume Illumination couldn’t resist using one asset from their other movies and maybe Nintendo let it slide but if you ask me, that would have been the perfect opportunity to use Duck Hunt Dog.
Posted Report
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Sata Andagi!
Here are all the things I have to comment on the film (Spoilers of course)
Chris Pratt does the Mario voice for the commercial
Mario often refers to Luigi as “Lou” for short
The Pizza shop they are at is Punch-Out themed and has pictures of fighters like Glass Joe
There’s an arcade cabinet called “Jump Man” instead of Donkey Kong which makes sense
Spike from Wrecking Crew has a cool updated design (Also wasn’t aware Mario and Luigi starred in Wrecking Crew)
Luigi’s ringtone is the GameCube start-up jingle
Mario & Luigi go through a construction site like a side scrolling stage
Charles Martinet plays both a guy who looks like Jump Man and Mario’s Dad
We get to see Mario & Luigi’s relatives
Mario is playing Kid Icarus on NES (I hope we get a Kid Icarus movie or tv series)
Mario’s room has all kinds of knickknacks in it, will have to look more into that
Pauline is the mayor naturally
The Toads guarding the castle doors try to get rid of Mario by telling him their Princess is in another castle
It is confirmed Mario apparently doesn’t like mushrooms, how ironic
We get a flashback of Mario and Luigi as babies
We also get to see Baby Peach, and in the movie’s canon she actually came from another world into the Mushroom Kingdom and was raised by the Toads (sadly Toadsworth isn’t in the film)
When Bowser’s minions are all partying the music playing is from Bowser’s Fury
Bowser’s goal in the film is to marry Peach so it stays true to the games on that account
Bowser burns a Koopa and it turns immediately into Dry Bones
We also get a musical number from Jack Black about Peach on a grand piano
The piano also has the name Ludwig von Koopa
Yoshi’s Island only has a cameo that we all saw in the trailer unfortunately
When the gorilla bouncer is driving them to see Cranky he eats a banana and then throws the peel on the road which then causes another ape’s kart to slip and crash
D-K! DONKEY KONG! Yes, the DK Rap is Donkey’s theme
Also Diddy, Dixie, and Chunky are in the audience! (Here’s hoping for a Donkey Kong Country movie now)
Mini Mushrooms are in the film and Mario takes one by accident
We get a brief moment of the original Donkey Kong arcade when DK throws a barrel at Mario on a lower platform
Cat Mario does in fact win against Donkey Kong like I thought he would
DK’s room looks like it does in the Country games
The map Cranky points to looks similar to Super Mario World’s map
Mario and DK get swallowed by the giant eel from 64
Mario and DK use a rocket barrel like from Country Returns to escape and fly away
We get to see Bowser and Peach in their wedding clothes from Odyssey
Bowser also had the Piranha Plant bouquet briefly
King Bob-omb and King Boo attend Bowser’s wedding
On top of Fire DK we also get Ice Peach
Bowser deploys a giant Bullet Bill to destroy Peach’s castle like in Smash Bros. Melee
The final battle ends up taking place in Brooklyn as the giant Bullet Bill destroys the warp pipe and Bowser’s fortress gets sucked into it
There’s a shop with Balloon Fighter on the sign
While Luigi was mostly absent from the film, he does get to join in the final fight at least, both grab the super star to become invincible and just trash Bowser’s army
They both grab Bowser’s tail and swing him like in 64!
The film ends making you think at first they returned to Brooklyn, but no surprise they live in the Mushroom Kingdom now
Lumalee shows up before the credits, sadly no Rosalina
We get an end credits scene of a Yoshi egg in the Brooklyn sewers hatching.
And finally all the licensed songs used in the movie were
No Sleep ’Til Brooklyn
Holding Out for a Hero
Take On Me
Thunderstruck
Mr. Blue Sky.
Also there were several times I expected to hear Mario say this
Posted Report
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
@igotnopicks
Yeah probably so, I like to think so just because Uprising was set up as a serial anime like Dragon Ball or Naruto so would make more sense as a show then a movie, not to mention they did make anime-tions with Palutena’s Revolting Dinner and her Smash reveal trailer.
Posted Report
Shyette
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Yuri (NSFW)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

I want coffiee
Just saw the Super Mario Bros Movie.
I liked it. But to share my Nitpicks.
Could have used 5-15 min more run time. Donkey Kong could have used some more things to do in the finale and if in a hypothetical scenario where I get creative input I would resolve that by including Boom Boom.
Posted Report
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Half Kitsune
Hidden in the game’s files of Mario Power Tennis is an unused 3D model of a Fighter Fly from “Mario Bros.” Could this mean the Fighter Fly almost became playable for the first time ever?
Posted Report
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
Came back from seeing the movie again (because it’s awesome) and I noticed a couple more things I didn’t before from my first viewing:
The theme from Kill Bill plays during the penguin’s attack
Mario has an arwing from StarFox hanging over his tv
When Mario and Luigi break through the wall leading to the underground, the hole is shaped like Mario’s 8-bit head
The underground sewer system has a sign saying Level 1-2
When Luigi arrives in the dark lands it actually resembles the opening to Luigi’s Mansion, he also calls out for Mario much in the same manner
Mario ends up throwing up the super mushroom he tried to eat and in the process powered down
When Mario defeats Donkey Kong, you can here the start up theme from the arcade game
Lumalee very briefly came out of his cage, which just makes his want for death all the more funny (My brother was killing himself laughing everytime Luma was on screen)
Mario actually does drift boosts while on the rainbow road
When Mario and Toad lose their vehicles, Mario teams up with DK and Toad with Peach which I can’t help but think of Mario Kart Double Dash
Also considering we don’t really see the blue shell Koopa again I’m gonna just assume he kamikazed himself on Mario and DK
When King Bob-omb sits down he knocks a Koopa and his shell bounces back and forth
And while this isn’t anything new to mention, I think this is by far my favorite rendition of the Power Star theme, Super Paper Mario was my favorite for the longest time and I enjoyed Mario 64 and Smash Bros. versions as well but the movie version really does sound amazing and gives me chills whenever I hear it.
Posted Report
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Half Kitsune
One more day til mom and I go, and so far I’ve managed to avoid spoilers. Except for one Discord channel mentioning that Kid Icarus makes a cameo.
Posted Report
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
The way Mario’s family acts makes me think there are kind of Americans that think because they have ancestors in Italy that makes them Italian and act more Italian thet atural Italians
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide