Mario Discussion

blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
My main player in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is Inkling Boy (purple) and my vehicle is the entire Master Cycle Zero from “Breath of the Wild”.
Posted Report
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dr_Osaka
Ehhh, honestly I’m fine with them not being 100% accurate to the games. Otherwise, Bowser could only talk in growls, and grunts, and Mario would be high-pitched, and excited constantly.
Alot of drama going around over Mario’s movie voice.
Even VA Tara Strong Tweeted, “It should of been Charles.”
Even though she voiced for the old Mario cartoons before, (as Hip/Lemmy, and Hop/Iggy Koopa) I disagree, I think Martinet might get annoying after awhile.
No disrespect to Charles Martinet, but his Mario voice is really only good for short bursts and vocal sound effects. I even remember some people used to hate it too.
So honestly, I want to hear more of Chris Pratt before I pass judgement on his Mario, and who knows? It might grow on us. I noticed a bit of a NY accent in his second line of dialogue which I hope is more-so how it actually sounds. I’m up for a more classic NY style sounding Mario like the old cartoons.
Mario’s actually had alot of other voice actors besides Martinet, so IMO he doesn’t have to sound like him 100%. (I always prefered Lou Albano personally.)
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
@Beau Skunky
I couldn’t agree more with what you said.
And speaking of voices even though I do enjoy Charles Martinet I thought the voices chosen for the Mario Bros. cartoons as well as Bob Hoskins performance in the live-action movie were really good and sounded pretty much like what you would expect Mario to sound like.
And yes the Brooklyn accent makes sense especially if you actually consider where Mario is from canonically
(New Donk City is suppose to be where the events of the original Donkey Kong arcade game took place in)
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
Since the Wedding Mario amiibo gets the most compatibility out of every amiibo, I’m making it my “prime” amiibo, and it’ll be an FP in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate’s online journeys.
I even nicknamed it Jay (after the last Animal Crossing villager who moved away from my island yesterday).
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
I’m starting to get this nagging feeling that people are trying to get me to cancel plans to see this movie.
Posted Report
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
@Dr_Osaka
Seen it, loved it. There’s even a small bit early in the movie when she’s running home and she jumps over an obstacle, she makes the same pose as Mario whenever he jumps.
Posted Report
Dr_Osaka
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
I was going through random videos of the Mario movie, and one comment someone made which I found really intriguing was what if at the end of the movie they reveal that the film was being shot by Lakitu like in Mario 64
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide