Mario Discussion

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@09MurphyM  
I’m honestly surprised so much unofficial, or rip-off stuff is allowed to be sold like that.  
The Google Play Store is loaded with rip-offs, and stuff. (And I’m not just talking about innocent, harmless, indie games that are reminiscent, or pay homage to classic games, like “Shovel Knight,” but games that are blatant copies, or even unofficial versions to some games, and seek to profit off them.)

I even see ads online alot for a SMB rip-off phone game, but instead of using footage of the actual game, it instead uses footage from the actual original SMB game. (And doesn’t even credit Nintendo, and is basically trying to trick people into downloading their game.)  
Worst yet, the protagonist is a blatant copy of Baby Mario. (Exact same design.)

The one time Nintendo probably should be seeking a C&D and ironically, they don’t. (Or at least, ask them to change the character, and such.)
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
Looking back at the “Adventures of Super Mario Brothers 3” cartoon adaptation, that episode “True Colors” would probably be kinda controversial nowadays. Seeing as it kinda tackled the issue of “racism/division,” (which might trigger some on both sides, especially those sick of hearing about those issues, due to recent unfortunate events) though I think it handled those touchy issues better then most modern media is.

In a way, it also serves as a moral/warning of how easy it is for some people (the Koopalings in this case) to trick others into going against each other, and how sometimes you shouldn’t listen to that stuff, or be careful what/who influences you into going against others. (Which can apply to more then just race.)

Kinda deep the more you think about it.
ShadowBolt Platinum

Don't lose your way!
Do you think Super Mario Odyssey would get a sequel? It was interesting seeing Grand Dad Mario and Scatman Mario in game, especially since Scatman plays along side Super Mario 64.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@ShadowBolt Platinum  
Mario games rarely get sequels honestly. (Even the NewSMB sidescrolling series gets one game per console.)  
SMG2 accidentally began production when they were just trying to make an expansion, or remake of the original game, (and made too many new stages, so they decided, “Eh, let’s just make a new game.” Funny thing is, that’s how SMB’s sequel “Lost Levels” got started being made, after they were making new stages for the arcade version of “VS Super Mario Bros.”)

Only other game close to a sequel is “3D World,” as it was similar to the previous 3DS game “3D Land.”
ShadowBolt Platinum

Don't lose your way!
I like how Princess Peach and Princess Rosalina are playable in Super Mario 3D World, it’s kind of weird how it came out seven years ago. It’s nearly a decade old, too.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@igotnopicks  
She also kicked butt in Super Mario RPG, the Mario Kart/Sports/Party spinoffs, Yoshi’s Island DS, Super Paper Mario, and in “Super Princess Peach.”

Though, I remember some tried to say “Super Princess Peach” was “sexist,” because of the “Vibe/Emotion” gimmick, (apparently unaware of the game’s story, and the fact male enemies had emotion/Vibe abilities too) which is supposedly why it was hard to find on DS after it’s release, and why it wasn’t rereleased on WiiU Virtual Console.  
Thanks to modern day fanatical “cancel culture,” we’ll probably never see it again…
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Fuck that one hat door in the Luncheon Kingdom where you jump over rotating platforms without Cappy, fuck it all the way to the deepest ring of hell!
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@09MurphyM  
I actually kinda liked those, (especially the one reused for SMG2) and frankly, there were some SM64, and classic 2D levels that were also just platforms. Mario’s always been about platforming, as much as exploring.
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Beau Skunky  
I first became aware of that episode through Youtube Poop but you do have a point. Pretty ballsy for a company like DiC to actually make an episode about possible racism.

@Beau Skunky  
More like the “Retarded Mario Face”. XD

@ShadowBolt Platinum  
I wouldn’t mind a sequel. I’ve been reminiscing about Odyssey lately and I’m hungry for more content based on that gameplay.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
I kinda regret not preordering a SMB Game & Watch. I can’t find one anywhere, yet they have rows, and rows of unsold “Super Mario 3D All-Stars” copies. (I hope this doesn’t discourage Nintendo from making more compilation games in the future. I’m always a sucker for those.)

@Red-Supernova  
Nowadays, alot of shows have done it, (even MLP:FIM has) but back in 1990, I imagine most shows were afraid to tackle the subject.  
Only other one I can think of at the time is the old Disney “The Little Mermaid: The TV Series” episode featuring Tim Curry as the villain. (And a catchy song too.)
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Beau Skunky  
I tried asking my mom to see if she could find a SMB Game & Watch two days after its release but no luck. Hopefully my aunt and uncle will have more luck.  
Also, I put Super Mario 3D All-Stars on my wishlist just out of consumer loyalty despite not approving of certain practices that they have been doing.

Yeah, its not as scary as it used to be lately which is wild.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide