Mario Discussion

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@RhodieNite  
I dunno if real life vehicle maintenance would be a very fun feature, and might slow down the game’s pace. Plus, that heat system idea might be as badly taken as the hated “random trip” feature in SSB Brawl, (which was meant to nerf “cheap/expert” players too, though unfortunately it bit back on beginner players too) as limiting something that players previously had no limit on might be poorly accepted. Also, hackers/cheaters might find a way to bypass that, and cheat in online races.

Speaking of which, I was actually surprised to learn awhle ago that “Excitebike” was actually created by Shigeru Miyamoto. (While oddly the Mario Kart series wasn’t, though he’s a producer.) In fact, Excitebike was one of the first sidescrollers on the NES/Famicom predating even SMB. (And famously one of the first games to feature a custom level feature.)  
There was even a Super Famicom remake in Japan that featured Mario characters. (Never came out here, due to being released during the N64 era.)
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@RhodieNite  
I think having to take pitstops would slow down the game’s pace, or annoy gamers too much.

Giving your vehicle hitpoints works in some games like F-Zero, and such, but might not work in MK, as the series has never done that before, and it might be too divergent.
user4897
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Beau Skunky

Introducing more gameplay element to Mario Kart series may be unappealing to some fans, but it might be done to keep competition with its closest rivals, including Sonic Racing
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@RhodieNite  
I don’t think Mario Kart needs to worry about competing, or being like it’s “competition.”

I’m fine with adding new features, (like new characters/items, DLC, customizing karts, motorcycles, team-gameplay, underwater/hover segments, ect.) but as long as they don’t hamper the gameplay.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
Playing “Super Mario 64 DS” again recently, (via WiiU) and I just got 64 stars, and 64 lives at the same time coincidentally.
Background Pony #0358
||I find interesting to see how Bowser encourages Olivia before the final battle in The Origami King. That’s not something you would expect from him. Also I find nice that in the ending him, his son and his minions have fun at the Origami festival as well, even him deserves to chill now and then. He might be a bad guy, but with standards. ||
user4897
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Beau Skunky

Mario Kart Tour only reintroduce them with 3DS/Wii graphics with unchanged music. Also, so far, Mario Kart Tour has yet to introduce a retro track coming from Wii

My hypothetical “Mario Kart Top 64” focuses on retro tracks selected from previous installments (including Arcade), given a major remaster and new music like Mario Kart 8’s retro tracks. The total of tracks in the game is 64 (hence the title) plus 16 retro battle stages (also revamped in MK8 style). The battle mode contents are exactly the same as Deluxe

Some of these revamped tracks will include antigravity zones, glider jumps, and altered sections to conform with Mario Kart 8 gameplay style

Examples:  
  1. the entire track of DS Rainbow Road will be antigravity and uses MK8 Rainbow Road background

2. SNES Mario Circuit 4 uses the music from “Mount MustDash” of 3D World, and the large U-Turn becomes a slanted antigravity area

3. GBA Rainbow Road remains unaltered but given a new background and design

4. Wii Luigi Circuit take place at night with fireworks like Mario Kart 8’s first track

5. Waluigi Pinball is heavily redesigned into a completely different atmosphere, but retains the same layout with few alterations. This is similar to N64 Rainbow Road

6. Fan-favorite tracks such as Waluigi Pinball, 3DS Rainbow Road, Wii Rainbow Road, DS Airship Fortress and others will receive the most redesign compared to the others

etc…
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide