Mario Discussion

Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Marx

I do much prefer the Superstar Saga remake over the original. And the final boss of that one was still pretty hard in the original.

@Beau Skunky

It IS a shame, yeah. Especially since the reason they skipped over doing a Partners in Time remake was because the original Bowser’s Inside Story sold really well so they thought it would be easy money.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Jarkes  
Removing/changing all the cameos/references kinda soured some fans on the “Superstar” remake, especially the removal of the Geno cameo. (Though, that could be Square/Enix’s fault.) Geno fans have been a bit on edge, because SSB fans have been mocking/demonizing them for wanting Geno in SSB.

And yeah, a shame, but hopefully former AlphaDream staff can still work on new M&L games, much like how Nintendo hired former Hudson staff (after Hudson went under) to help with the Mario Party series.

@09MurphyM  
Only thing Nintendo allowed in recent times was a reprint of the Charlie Nozowa “Super Mario Adventures” comics collection book from Nintendo Power, and the translated Zelda mangas. I think they did the “Link to the Past” Nintendo Power comic too. (Not to be confused with the manga version, that came out for the GBA remake.)

Nintendo Power had other cool comics that sadly never got reprinted. Like Benimaru Itoh’s Super Metroid & StarFox (SNES) comics. I don’t know why Nintendo won’t rerelease those either, especially when the SNES Classic came out.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Jarkes  
Some fans were also upset about some of the enemy design changes in the “SuperStar Saga” remake. In the original GBA game they had more varried & humorous designs, but in the 3DS game most of ’em are more on model with typical Mario enemies.
Jarkes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Beau Skunky

Yeah, those were some of the visual changes I found odd. Particularly the Troopeas being changed to be the more standard bipedal Koopa design, despite the fact that Dry Bones in the main game (which are logically undead Troopeas in the Beanbean Kingdom) still have the off-model design from the original (Minion Quest has the modern Dry Bones design). As well as Bink, the guy running the Barrel mini-game at the SS Chuckola, being turned into just a generic skeleton crew member with no distinguishing characteristics from the others as opposed to the skeletal Donkey Kong he appeared as originally. The rest of them were updates were fine for me though.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Also I’m assuming you can’t turn on the “easy mode” Bros. Attacks in the Cholesteroad or Gauntlet in the BiS remake.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -

Pone of Astronomy
Well since no one is using the Mario Maker thread, I’ll post here.  
5QC-0JC-QJF  
PDN-M5F-BYF  
Two levels I made recently.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
So anyway I beat the main story of the Bowser’s Inside Story remake last week. …Dark Bowser/Dark Star Core is actually CHALLENGING this time even if you use moves like Broggy Bonker or Magic Window.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Typhoon2000  
The show was surprisingly popular, (I admit I have a soft nostalgia spot for that cornball classic too) and even after it was cancelled (by Nintendo themselves, probably to make room for the upcoming SMB3 cartoon) celebrities were actually still requesting guest spots on the show, because their kids like it.

One of my favorite guest stars was Inspector Gadget himself (played by Maurice LaMarche in live-action) whom was also a cartoon by D.I.C.
Background Pony #6217
I’m wondering one thing: as you know, Nintendo declared in 2017 that Mario is not a plumber anymore (little parenthesis, Nintendo can say whatever they want, but Mario is still a plumber in my eyes), what I’m wondering is, will that be stated in the 2022 movie? Will Mario be represented as a plumber in it, or as something else?
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Background Pony #694F

I still think the “not a plumber anymore” comment was Miyamoto being facetious since Mario’s done so much other stuff that of course he probably wouldn’t be a plumber anymore.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Jarkes  
I’ve heard in Nintendo Power magazine that according to Dan Owsen of “Ask Dan” that Miyamoto never considered the Mario Brothers as plumbers.

The only time they were probably plumbers was in the 1983 Mario Bros. arcade game, and a few of the RPGs.
Background Pony #6217
@Beau Skunky

Don’t forget Super Mario 3d World. In the opening scene, he and Luigi fixed a pipe you know (a warp pipe, but still a reminder of them being plumbers).
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Background Pony #694F  
Yeah. I was surprised by that, because as stated they aren’t supposed to be plumbers anymore. Same with the 7 Koopalings no longer being considered Bowser’s kids anymore. (and Junior is his only kid now)

Though, sense the Mario series doesn’t really have a set canon, backstory, or consistency, Miyamoto basically said people can interpret everything however they want. Apparently, the more story based RPGs are A.U.s, as well as “Paper Jam” showed. (The M&L & Paper Mario crossover.)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide