Legend of Zelda Thread

Rabidcabbit
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
Ah, since they’re porting Skyward Sword to the Switch, that probably means they’re pushing BotW2 back a bit, not that we ever got a release time frame anyway though

I wonder if it’ll even be released by next year?
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@09MurphyM  
We don’t know for sure yet. Keep in mind those online store listings have been B.S. before.

@Goku Black  
Wouldn’t mind it, even with the 3DS’s graphics. They might have to change alot though.

Though, after taking heat for remaking WiiU games, it seems like Nintendo’s kinda dialing back on the remakes.  
Xenoblade, and Pikmin 3 are the only recent ones I can think of from the past 2 years.
northern haste
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
what concerns me the most about a switch port Is the controls. Part of the game Was designed with motion control in mind and Despite what some people may say I don’t think just programming it to the analog stick will work. If they keep it exactly the same way moving the sword would take too long but if it’s instant then the battles will be too easy.  
I don’t think I’ve seen the joy cons be used as wiimote yet
Phantom Rider
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

You are already booped.
But, at least that means there’s some chance that this game that really wasn’t made to be controlled by your basic buttons just might come to the Switch someday.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
Speaking as somebody whom actually liked Skyward Sword’s motion controls, (except the overly-precise harp minigame in the pumpkin bar) honestly the game just wouldn’t be the same to me with standard button controls. They’d also have to redo/change alot of areas, puzzles, and enemy/boss battles, if they do.

I know alot of gamers are mixed on motion controls, (especially now that the Wii is gone, it’s kinda died out lately) but it’d be like trying to port Wii Sports Resort to buttons-only, or getting rid of touchscreen controls for a game better suited for that, or something.
northern haste
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
@Beau Skunky  
I was watching some of the videos where they programmed controls to the analog stick and One of them was skipping the combat and was struggling heavily to perform the skyward strike
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Beau Skunky  
The motion controls were fine on the Wii. (In fact, the Wii Remote is one of my favorite controllers of all time.) I’m just not a huge fan of the Joy-Cons, especially since I had to send one back for a busted analog stick. And the only way to replicate the Wiimote/Nunchuk experience would be with dual Joy-Cons.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Background Human  
I guess with all the JoyCon drift issues going around, I don’t blame you. Though, Nintendo’s supposedly fixed that in newer models, and offered free repairs for customers.

People can say what they want about the Wii nunchuck, and WiiU GamePad, but those at least had good, and more durable control sticks.

@northern haste  
Yeah, they’d have to reprogram the whole game, puzzles, enemies, areas, and such alot of fans don’t understand.

Some games are just better suited for motion anyway, like say Wii Sports or Duck Hunt.
Phantom Rider

You are already booped.
It occurs to me that if the Golden Wolf/Hero’s Spirit really is OOT Link, then we actually have a Link that talks a WHOLE BUNCH.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide