Legend of Zelda Thread

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
Google Play Books was charging only $10 for the Zelda books localized by Dark Horse, like the Hyrule Historia, but now they jacked up the price to $20 unexpectedly without warning. As much as I want that book, I don’t wanna pay that much for an EBook.

@northern haste  
Dolphin Tetra? Is that a reference to something?

@Phantom Rider  
I remember the “stinky pig.”
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@09MurphyM  
I’m not sure, but they did have early demos of Link fighting a Zelda 2 style Iron Knuckle knight, like in the early E3 demos.

And of course in the final game, Iron Knuckles were redesigned into freakish samurai armered ax murderers. (Which I guess differs them from Darknuts & Tinsuits more.)
Rabidcabbit
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
@Wiimeiser

He said “Notorious” not nasty, he’s probably talking about the supposed Light and Ice Temples, I believe one of the producers, Iwata or Miyamoto mentioned once that there were a few cut dungeons in OOT, which led to the rumors of the Light and Ice temples existing

and no I don’t believe I’m mixing any statements up with how they said the same thing with the Windwaker having two cut dungeons.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Littlecabbit  
I recall, the remaining assets of the scrapped ice temple bacame the ice cavern mini-dungeon, as well as the ice portion of Ganon’s Tower.  
Same for possibly the “Light Temple.”
Rabidcabbit
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
@Beau Skunky

That is likely the case yes, I’m not sure I recall any “Light themed” puzzles or anything existing outside of the Spirit temple though, but then I suppose some of those could have been pulled and re-used in said Spirit Temple, a lot of things in the spirit temple were based on reflecting lights, as well as the Mirror shield, I wonder how much of that could have been from the Light Temple originally?

Then again it’s been years since I played OOT last, and even then I think I quit a few dungeons in, so I’m probably forgetting many things relating to what was in Ganons Tower :P
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
The official Hyrule Historia, Zelda Encyclopedia, and Zelda Art official books are all price-cut on Google Play Books for $10 each. (Half price.)

Should I get the Hyrule Historia? The prevew only has stuff from Skyward Sword mostly, does it cover other games, and such too? (I haven’t finished Skyward on WiiU yet, so I’m trying to avoid spoilers for it.)

I have the physical version of the Encyclopedia already.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@09MurphyM  
Kinda odd it has so much Skyward in the beginning. It seems to be a good book though.

I also heard it has rare art in it, like the official rarely-seen Ocarina of Time Ganon monster art, giving you a better look at his design.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@09MurphyM  
Wonder if the art book has that too, it does have all the cool animesque instruction manual art.

I really liked how the old instruction manual illustrations look like a classic anime. (Those were made by animator/Nintendo artist, Yoichi Kotabe, whom I admit was a partial influence on my own art growing up, as I used to copy his Mario/Zelda art as a kid.)
Background Pony #FC84
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is randomly trending on Twitter. I never did manage to beat that game, I only got as far as the second trip into the first dungeon before giving up.
Background Pony #FC84
A few weeks and I should be able to get all three pieces of the Fierce Deity armor set in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide